Image and video hosting by TinyPic

to create chaos down there if you start doing that." Francona is also conf

in Unsere Regeln 23.06.2019 04:21
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS - Paul Goldschmidt has a new plan for hitting with runners on base. So far, it is working well. Goldschmidt ripped a run-scoring single in the 14th inning to lift the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 7-6 win over the St. Louis Cardinals on Tuesday night. Arizona, which improved to 7-2 in extra innings, has won three of four. St. Louis (38-20), which still has the best record in the majors, has lost all four of its extra-inning games this season. Goldschmidt believed he let his teammates down during crunch time toward the end of last season even though he batted .305 with runners on base. "Im not sure about the numbers, but I felt like I struggled with runners on," he said. So he found an interesting way to change the situation. Goldschmidts winning hit improved his average to .376 with runners on base. "I pretend there is nobody on base and just stick with my same approach," he said. "Its worked so far. Well see what happens the rest of the year." A.J. Pollock hit a three-run homer for Arizona, and Willie Bloomquist had four hits in the 4-hour, 53-minute game. Josh Collmenter (2-0) earned the win with four innings of scoreless relief. Heath Bell recorded his 10th save in 12 opportunities. Allen Craig and Shane Robinson homered for St. Louis, which fell to 4-3 on its nine-game homestand. Goldschmidt drove in Gerardo Parra with a one-out, line-drive single up the middle off Victor Marte (0-1), who walked two batters before the winning hit. "Hes just got a great approach up there," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said of Goldschmidt. Arizona is 10-2 in its last 12 road games against NL Central opponents. Bell gave up a leadoff double to Yadier Molina in the 14th before retiring the next three hitters. The Diamondbacks are 3-3 on their eight-game trip. "An outstanding baseball game," Gibson said. "We would have liked to have won it earlier, but we didnt give in. Weve had several of these (extra inning) games, more than anybody." Arizona beat St. Louis 10-9 in 16 innings on April 3. The Diamondbacks bullpen, led by Collmenter, allowed only one run over the final 8 1-3 innings. Collmenter, who earned the win in the earlier 16-inning game, struck out five and gave up four hits. "He was the hero of the game," Arizona infielder Martin Prado said. The Cardinals rallied from 4-1 and 6-3 deficits and tied the game in the seventh on a run-scoring single by Carlos Beltran. "I was proud of the way the guys battled all night long right to the end," St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said. "The best thing to come out of this is that we battled." Pollocks three-run homer staked the Diamondbacks to a 4-1 lead in the fourth. St. Louis infielder David Freese had a career-high four hits and extended his career-best hitting streak to 14 games with a single in the sixth. He added singles in the eighth, 10th and 12th. "You want to win these games, especially after a long night," Freese said. "But you have to hand it to those guys over there. They took care of business." Pollock drilled a 2-0 pitch into the first row of the left-field bleachers off St. Louis rookie starter Michael Wacha, who gave up six runs in 4 2-3 innings. Pollack has hit safely in eight of nine games. St. Louis cut the deficit to 4-3 on Craigs fourth homer of the season. Arizona answered with two runs in the fifth to stretch its lead to 6-4. Goldschmidt doubled in Didi Gregorius, who began the inning with a hit. Jason Kubel followed with a run-scoring single. The Cardinals scored single runs in the fifth and sixth to get within 6-5. St. Louis infielder Matt Carpenter stretched his hitting streak to a career-best 13 games with a leadoff triple in the first. Arizona left-hander Tyler Skaggs gave up five runs in 5 2-3 innings. It was his second start of the season and eighth of his career. NOTES: Wacha and Skaggs, two former first-round draft choices, were born 12 days apart in July 1991. ... St. Louis RHP Joe Kelly (0-2, 6,75) will make his first start of the season Wednesday against Wade Miley (3-5, 5.01) in the third game of the four-game series. ... Arizona is the only team in the majors that hasnt been shut out this season. ... St. Louis RHP Jake Westbrook went 3 2-3 innings and allowed one run and six hits in a rehab start on Tuesday for the Cardinals Double-A team in Springfield, Mo. Westbrook, who threw 45 strikes in 60 pitches, went on the disabled list on May 9 because of right elbow inflammation. "Everything felt good," he said. "I was a little erratic with my pitches, but thats expected the first time out." Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys China . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. Cheap Chiefs Jerseys China . Just not the game. Kyle Palmieri scored two straight goals in the third period to rally the Anaheim Ducks past the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Tuesday night. http://www.cheapchiefsjerseysauthentic.com/ . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. Derrick Thomas Jersey .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. Christian Okoye Jersey . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami.CLEVELAND -- Indians reliever Chris Perez has closed out the local media. Clevelands colorful closer, who has not spoken on the record to reporters for several weeks, left Progressive Field on Monday night after blowing a save in a 4-2 loss to the Detroit Tigers before the clubhouse was open. With Perez long gone, his teammates were left to answer questions about the demoralizing loss, which dropped the Indians four games out of first place in the AL Central. Manager Terry Francona downplayed Perezs snub, which came after he failed to protect a 2-0 lead. The right-hander yielded a three-run homer to Alex Avila and failed to record an out. "In a perfect world guys stand in front of their locker," Francona said before Tuesdays game. "Sometimes its not a perfect world." Approached by The Associated Press, Perez said he intends to maintain his media blackout. "Im not talking the rest of the year," he said. "Quit asking." Francona didnt defend Perezs actions, but he doesnt believe theyll be a distraction to his ballclub. "I think its his personal choice," he said. "I think we try to foster an environment where good, bad, in-between, guys are accountable. Some guys choose to not talk. Like I said, its not always a perfect world. " Francona intimated Perezs behaviour will be handled internally, and hes not worried that it will divide a Cleveland team that has grown into a tight-knit group this season. "I dont think its worrisome," Francona said. "I think those things with the team have a way of working themselves out and it doesnt necessarily have to be in public. This is where teams kind of come together and take care of team things." Perez has had a history of beeing a distraction.dddddddddddd. Last season, he made headlines for criticizing Cleveland fans for the teams poor attendance, ripped Indians ownership for not spending enough money and questioned some moves by the front office. He then lambasted manager Manny Acta a few days after he was fired. Earlier this season, he and his wife were arrested on misdemeanour drug charges. Perez has always been cordial with reporters, but has recently been more difficult to deal with. Following a recent win, he went out of his way to turn up the volume on the clubhouse sound system to make it harder for reporters to hear as they interviewed pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez. Perez was pitching in his third straight game on Monday night. He had converted 11 straight save opportunities since coming off the disabled list. Francona said Perez stopped in his office before leaving the ballpark. "He actually came in after the game and said, I felt great. I just blew it," Francona said. Perez, who has 17 saves, was not available Tuesday night as the Indians continued their series with Detroit. Francona was hoping for a long outing from starter Justin Masterson. Although Francona was second-guessed for using Perez and having the right-hander face left-handed hitter Prince Fielder in the ninth, Clevelands manager said he would follow the same script. "Not in the ninth," Francona said when asked if we consider using two pitchers in the final inning. "Thats why you have closers. Youre going to create chaos down there if you start doing that." Francona is also confident Perez will bounce back. "I think I have a pretty good grasp of these guys," Francona said. "To be a closer youve got to have selective amnesia." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen