Image and video hosting by TinyPic

span to begin the month of February. Their m

in
Bewerbungsbereich
04.07.2019 05:59
von carrie567 • 405 Beiträge

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - Its back to normal for the vagabond Buffalo Bills.Finally.The more than 6 feet of snow from the severe lake-effect storm that paralyzed much of the Buffalo region last week has mostly melted away. So has the Bills two-game skid, following a 38-3 rout of the New York Jets in a home game at Detroit on Monday night.And after a much-needed day of rest Tuesday, the Bills (6-5) can turn their attention to hosting the Cleveland Browns (7-4) in a key AFC playoff showdown this weekend.It was just a busy, hectic week. And really this win was for the city of Buffalo, giving back for everything that theyve been through, receiver Robert Woods said. It feels good, especially after a win. Now weve just got to get another one.First things first, said team president Russ Brandon.Im just happy were home, Brandon said, after the team returned home at 1 a.m. Tuesday, after spending the previous four days in Detroit. Its great to be sitting back in Orchard Park and looking forward to preparing for Sunday.And, yes, Brandon expects the game against Cleveland will be played at Ralph Wilson StadiumFollowing a tour of the facility, Brandon anticipates the stadium will be 100 per cent operational, despite experiencing some minor damage during the storm.The problems ranged from burst pipes, to leakage, to parts of the wall separating the field from the stands being damaged during the snow-removal process. A portion of the wall of the Bills practice facility caved in, but has already been repaired.Brandon said engineers found no structural issues to the stadium itself.A weekend warmup contributed to the speedier than expected cleanup. Crews of about 500 snow-shovelling volunteers did the rest by working three shifts around the clock from Saturday morning to Monday night.If not for the thaw, the Bills projected it would have taken until Friday to clear the 200-acre grounds of the estimated 330,000 tons of snow — enough to fill the teams fieldhouse about 12 times over.The Bills hope to find themselves on better footing, too, after their most lopsided win since beating Indianapolis 38-0 on Sept. 20, 1992.Buffalos defence allowed a season-low 218 yards offence, and had a season-best seven sacks to up its NFL-leading total to 46. The Bills special teams produced a touchdown, when Anthony Dixon blocked Ryan Quigleys punt, which was recovered in the end zone by Manny Lawson.And the Kyle Orton-led offence ended a seven-plus-quarter touchdown drought. Buffalo also produced touchdowns on each of its three red-zone possessions, after going 0-for-6 in its previous two games.Not bad for a snowbound team that didnt have a chance to practice last week until arriving in Detroit on Friday.The storm had a unifying effect.A lot of players have been through a lot, Woods said. And you just realize how much you miss the game, miss your teammates. It was just happy to get back and be able to play football again, and get out of the house, really.The second-year receiver led the way with a career-best nine catches and 118 yards and a touchdown. Woods also made a highlight-reel one-handed grab up the right sideline during which he maintained control by holding the ball to the side of his helmet.Woods acknowledged his catch wasnt as clean or breath-taking as New York Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr.s one-handed grab for a touchdown in a 31-28 loss to the Cowboys on Sunday night.But Beckhams catch was certainly on Woods mind before the game while he warmed up with backup quarterback EJ Manuel.Every time (Manuel) caught it one hand, it was like, Odell! Odell! Woods said. And it just so happened that I had a chance to make a play like that in the game. I had a little helmet help, but its still a good catch.NOTES: The Bills return to practice Wednesday. ... Buffalo has a winning record through 11 games for only the third time since its 14-season playoff drought began in 2000. The Bills were 6-5 in both 2000 and 2008. ... Buffalo converted 7 of 13 third-down opportunities for a season-best 54 per cent.___AP NFL websites: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Sneakers On Fire .Y. -- Florida Panthers captain Ed Jovanovski finally has something to show for all the pain he went through in overcoming a string of injuries that kept him sidelined for much of the past two years. Cheap Shoes From China . The seventh-ranked Berdych wants to focus on the ATP Tour after helping the Czechs beat the Netherlands in the first round. Seeking their third straight Davis Cup title, the Czechs will rely again on veteran Radek Stepanek. http://www.cheapsneakersfire.com/. The Raptors have been outscored 88-66 in the opening quarter over a three-game span to begin the month of February. Their most recent loss, 109-101 in Sacramento on Wednesday, was eerily similar to Saturdays defeat at the hands of the Trail Blazers. Nike Sneakers Cheap China . -- Colin Kaepernick insists he just happened to pull on a pair of socks with dollar bill prints all over them Wednesday morning -- before he learned he had struck a new fortune with the San Francisco 49ers. Cheap Wholesale Sneakers Free Shipping .com) - Jeff Teague finished with a game-high 26 points and eight assists as the Atlanta Hawks held off the Utah Jazz, 98-92, on Friday.TORONTO – Since the electric days of his first training camp with the Maple Leafs in the fall of 2009, Nazem Kadri has been a lightning rod in the city of Toronto, a constant source of attention in times both good and bad. "I learned that the first year I came here, not to pay attention to many people outside the dressing room," the 23-year-old said on a noisy Friday afternoon. "All those blogs, newspapers and people saying what they want to say, they have their own opinion, but at the end of the day Im not hearing it." Kadri is trudging through the longest slump of what is, in reality, a brief NHL career. Though he remains on pace for a respectable 19 goals and 47 points, he has just one goal in the past 16 games and a quiet 14 points since the start of November – a stretch of 31 games. "I think its been decent," said Kadri of his season so far, which has him sitting fourth in team scoring with 27 points. "[But] I know I can bring a lot better. Obviously, everyone expects a lot more, which is a little flattering to say the least, because people believe in you and understand that you can give more to the team. No one expects more than I expect from myself." In midst of those struggles is bubbling trade speculation, which Toronto general manager Dave Nonis addressed in an interview with TSN Radio on Thursday. "Theres a lot of interest in Nazem Kadri," said Nonis. "Would we be willing to trade him? Yes, wed be willing to trade him. But theres a big difference between willing to and trying to." Kadri, for one, has no interest in a potential move. "Itd be terrible," Kadri said of a possible trade. "I dont see it happening and I dont want it to happen. This is my home, this is where I want to be and til otherwise Im going to give them everything I have." Though his career seems like its spanned ages in Toronto, Kadri is still just 23 and midway through only his second NHL season. The point is, hes young with plenty of opportunity and time for growth and development ahead. Patience is a virtue often lost, however, on youthful talent in this city. A first round selection of the organization in 2002, Alex Steen, for example, was dealt to St. Louis as a 24-year-old, gradually evolving into one of the games better two-way forwards with the Blues. Nonis has pledged an unwillingness to repeat such mistakes, firm in his stance that young talent only be moved if something was similar was gained in return. Unlike last season, when Kadri totaled a blistering 44 points in 48 games, thee London, Ontario native has suffered through an extended rough patch, facing more difficult competition in light of injuries – including a 12-game stretch as the teams no.dddddddddddd 1 centre – while regressing statistically with some of the luck that made his first full campaign in the NHL so alluring. And unlike October, when he totaled 13 points in 14 games, Kadri and the teams second power-play unit have been unproductive. In fact, he has just one power-play point in the past 19 games. "With him, its back to basics and I thought that he played better [recently], but hasnt had the offensive output," coach Randy Carlyle said of Kadri. "Its up to Nazzie to put his nose to the grindstone, to do the little things, get involved physically, move the puck, keep it simple, and make plays when hes inside the blueline – deep enough that we dont have to risk the turnover." "It just seems like pucks are hitting skates or goalies are just getting a piece of it and theyre hanging on the goal-lines, hitting posts – Ive had the whole nine yards over the past couple weeks," said Kadri, who last scored in New York on Dec. 23. "Hopefully, my lucks going to change because it can only get better from here." His line, which includes Joffrey Lupul and Mason Raymond, has been quiet and kept in in tow. Lupul has gone pointless in 12 of the past 18 games, while Raymond has a mere two goals in 21 outings. "[The] past few games weve been sniffing," said Kadri, confidence dinged but not broken. "I think every single game were up to four, five, six, sometimes seven scoring chances a game – A-plus scoring chances – so its only a matter of time before those pucks start finding the back of the net and we get that confidence and swagger back." It was only last season, albeit in the American League, that Kadri endured similar struggles with the Marlies. He scored just twice in the first 18 games (with the NHL locked out) and was scratched by then-head coach Dallas Eakins in early November. Outside noise was then, like it is presently, loud and sometimes lacking in the realities that come with the development of a young player. Kadri, who emerged from that spell with 10 points in four games, is well sch

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen