Image and video hosting by TinyPic

But thats how the division

in
Member-Bereich
23.07.2019 04:55
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

LONDON -- Milos Raonic joined Eugenie Bouchard in the quarter-finals of Wimbledon as the talented pair continued their run at the record books. Devin Booker Suns Jersey . Eighth seed Raonic achieved his best career showing at the All England Club on Tuesday with a 4-6, 6-1, 7-6 (4), 6-3 fourth-round win over Japanese 10th seed Kei Nishikori. Raonic becomes just the second Canadian to reach the Wimbledon quarter-finals in the Open era, which began in 1968. He next faces Australian wild card Nick Kyrgios, who shocked second seed Rafael Nadal with a 7-6 (5), 5-7, 7-6 (5), 6-2 win later Tuesday. Bouchard made her way there on Monday with a defeat of Alize Cornet. She will face off in the next round against German ninth seed Angelique Kerber, who upset fifth seed Maria Sharapova 7-6 (7-4), 4-6, 6-4, winning on a seventh match point. Bouchard hammered Kerber in the French Open fourth round a month ago. "The match against Bouchard will be a tough one," said Kerber. "I lost against her in Paris, but Im feeling right now better and Im feeling better on grass. "Ive never played her on this surface, so I will be focused like today just on myself." Raonic laid down 34 aces in his victory over Nishikori, who is coached by former French Open winner Michael Chang. Raonic broke three times, saved five break points against his serve and ended with 64 winners in the comprehensive victory. "Ive been serving in general well this tournament, and even throughout the clay court season," said Raonic. "But obviously here it sort of gets exemplified a little bit more. Its a little bit more on display. "Thats helping me, taking a lot of pressure off me and putting more so on my opponents." The 23-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., became the first Canadian to defeat Nishikori. The Japanese player had won his previous six matches against Canadians, including two against Raonic. In mens doubles, veteran Daniel Nestor of Toronto and Serbian partner Nenad Zimonjic finished off a rain-delayed match from Monday as the third seeds reached the quarter-finals over Pablo Cuevas of Uruguay and David Marrero of Spain 7-6 (8), 6-4, 6-4. Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock reached the third round over Indias Rohan Bopanna and Aisam Quereshi of Pakistan 6-7 (3), 7-6 (5), 6-3, 7-5. Raonic opened the match by losing his first service game, which allowed Nishikori to win the opening set in 39 minutes. Raonic fought hard to come back. He broke twice in the second set to get back level at a set each, and won the third set on a tiebreaker. Raonic earned a late break in the eighth game of the fourth set, then set up a match point with a service winner and advanced on his first opportunity a game later. Raonic said hes not particularly impressed by the records he is setting in his career. "To to this point there hasnt been as much Canadian success, especially on the singles side in the mens," he said. "You appreciate them, but you dont give them too much value because its ambitions that are beyond doing what no Canadian has done before. Its about really trying to become the best player in the world." Raonic said his serve will be key in his Wednesday quarter-final. "Ive been able to do that so far, its whats going to put the pressure on my opponent," he said. "Its whats going to give me a bit of freedom on the return games. "After that, the most important thing is going to be the attitude, the mental approach. I want to do much better than I did in Paris. I feel like Im ready to do so." Jason Kidd Suns Jersey . -- At the beginning of training camp, Andrew Bogut set a goal to play all 82 regular-season games and regain his place among the NBAs best centres. Deandre Ayton Jersey . Torres scored the first goal by an English team in the knockout phase of the Champions League this season when he met Cezar Azpilicuetas cutback in the ninth minute of their first leg match in the last 16. But Chelsea failed to make the most of its counterattacks and the Turkish champions equalized in the second half after gaining in confidence and cutting out their defensive mistakes. http://www.officialsunsfanstore.com/grant-hill-suns-jersey/ . This was one of them. Omar Infante homered and tied a career high with six RBIs to carry the Kansas City Royals over the Baltimore Orioles 9-3 on Sunday.VANCOUVER - Ryan Miller sat alone at his locker-room stall for a long time, pondering two lost points for the Vancouver Canucks.Justin Williams and Jarret Stoll scored 53 seconds apart late in the third period Thursday as the Los Angeles Kings roared back from a 2-0 deficit midway through the game to stun the Canucks 3-2.The goals came on the Kings 39th and 40th shots of the night as Los Angeles took advantage of a sluggish Canucks team that was coming off a big 3-1 road victory over the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday.One of the more disappointing games in a while, said a downtrodden Miller. Just blew it at the end.Its frustrating to get to 57 minutes or so and blow it.Williams tied the game on the power play with 2:07 left in regulation with his ninth of the season and first in eight games on a great shot over Millers shoulder before Stoll buried the winner — his fourth of the campaign and first in 13 — with 1:14 to go.We gritted it out and sometimes at the end of the game you look and say All right, that was justice because I feel we dominated the game, said Williams. We had the better opportunities and we were able to show some resiliency, some resolve and not give up.Dwight King had the other goal for Los Angeles (19-12-8), which got 14 saves from Jonathan Quick.Losings disappointing, but we didnt play the way we wanted to. Thats more disappointing, said Canucks head coach Willie Desjardins, whose team was outshot 40-16. I think if you play the way you want to and you lose ... that happens sometimes. We didnt play the way we needed to play.Radim Vrbata, with a goal and an assist, and Alexandre Burrows scored for Vancouver (21-12-3), which was only in the game thanks to some key saves from Miller in a 37-save performance.We stopped playing. Being up 2-0, I dont know if we felt comfortable or what it was but it wasnt good enough, said Canucks captain Henrik Sedin. You cant expect to win when you get outshot 40 to something. Its not good enough. We know that.The Canucks have been outshot 103-51 in their last three, including that win in San Jose and a 2-1 overtime loss in Anaheim against the Ducks. Theres going to be stretches like that, Miller said of the lopsided shot margin. Well clean it up. Well get better. Its not always neat, tidy and clean during the season. Youre going to have disappointments. Unfortunately tonight we couldnt at least get a point out of it. Thats pretty frustrating.The Canucks carried a 2-1 lead into the third despite being outshot 30-10 through two periods, and Miller had to be sharp again five minutes into the final period on a shot off the stick of Stoll on a 3-on-2 rush.It looked like Vancouver was going to hold and get off to a winning start in 2015 before Williams and Stoll scored in quick succession to turn the game on its head as the Kings improved to 5-8-6 on the road and leapfrogged the Canucks in the Pacific Diivision standings. Leandro Barbosa Jersey. It was nice to get the two points and not give them any, said Stoll. Good road game by everybody and hopefully we can use this as a little springboard for road games and get our road record going. It feels good.The Canucks penalty killing unit had been lights out in recent weeks before defenceman Ryan Stanton took a hooking penalty with under four minutes to go that led to Williams goal.Its definitely tough. I dont think we had our best effort tonight, but to let it slip away at the end there definitely hurts, said Stanton. I dont think we moved our feet much tonight. Its quite the difference from the San Jose game the other night.Vancouver was up 1-0 after the first and doubled that lead at 3:39 of the second when Vrbata buried his 15th of the season and second in as many games over Quicks blocker on one of the Canucks two shots in the period.Los Angeles would direct 14 pucks on Miller in the middle period and finally got on the board when King chipped home his own rebound at 14:39 for his fifth goal of the season.Earlier in the period, the Kings hit their second post of the night when Anze Kopitar found iron on a Los Angeles power play.We got out to a lead but we sat back all game. I think they pretty much had control of that game for the most part, said Canucks forward Brad Richardson. In the end you still should have that win — pretty disappointing.In those games youve got to find a way to get a point. Thats what teams do. Thats a huge point, two we should have had and we lost them both.Vancouver was just 2-9-3 against California teams last season — one of the big reasons the club missed the playoffs for the first time in six years — and are 3-2-2 this campaign through eight games.Im sure theyre frustrated because they had a 2-0 lead, said Kings head coach Darryl Sutter. But thats how the division is.Its so close. It comes down to a big play, a bad goal or something almost every night.The Canucks opened the scoring at 12:18 of the first period on the power play when Burrows poked a loose puck past Quick for his ninth of the season.Prior to that breakthrough there were a number of chances at both ends of the ice, with Tanner Pearson ringing a shot off the post behind Miller for Los Angeles less than two minutes in before Quick stoned Richardson moments later.Theyre a good hockey team. They played hard, said Desjardins. For whatever reason we didnt have our jump. Youve got to think if its one guy then maybe its a guy, but I think it was the team. Maybe we didnt prepare quite right but we werent good as a team.Notes: Los Angeles downed Vancouver 5-1 on Nov. 8 at Staples Center. The teams meet three more times this season. ... The Canucks continue their five-game homestand Saturday against the Detroit Red Wings, while the Kings open a season-high seven-game homestand against the Nashville Predators. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen