Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Nobody in baseball likes to use injuries as an excuse, including Bryan Price. [url=http://www.patriotsjersey

in
Handys
24.07.2019 05:33
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Nobody in baseball likes to use injuries as an excuse, including Bryan Price. Stephon Gilmore Womens Jersey . That being said (one of Prices favourite phrases), the first-year Cincinnati Reds manager almost cant wait until Saturday. That is when he plans to write pitcher Mat Latos name into the starting lineup, all but giving Price his first look at the team he hoped to be managing when he took the job last October. Latos and first baseman Joey Votto of Toronto completed rehab assignments with Triple-A Louisville on Monday. Votto, sidelined since May 16 with a quadriceps strain in his left knee, was activated from the 15-day disabled list before Tuesday nights game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Latos, who hasnt pitched all year after having surgery on his right elbow last October and his left knee on Valentines Day, is tentatively scheduled to start Saturday in Milwaukee. "This is as close to being whole as weve been all year," Price said Tuesday. Votto was the 12th player placed on the disabled list by the Reds this season. Catcher Devin Mesoracos two trips meant those 12 players had made a total of 13 appearances on the DL. Last season, 11 Reds players made a total of 15 appearances. Votto was set to bat third Tuesday night. He hadnt played since going on the disabled list May 21, retroactive to May 16, with an injury to the same knee that required two operations in 2012. The Reds went 11-12 without the 2010 NL MVP, who was hitting .257 with six home runs and 12 RBIs in 39 games. Votto spent Sunday and Monday with Louisville, going 2 for 6 with two strikeouts and grounding into a double play in two games at Pawtucket. "I feel good," Votto said. "Im looking forward to playing. I hold myself to a high standard. I wouldnt come back unless I felt like I could play to that high standard, so Im not really concerned about what percentage people think Im at. Im going to come back and play well." Latos, who has won 14 games in each of the past two seasons -- his first two with the Reds -- made his fourth rehab start Monday and lasted 5 2-3 innings in a game shortened by rain. He then continued to throw in an indoor batting cage to get his pitch count up to 100, the goal Price wanted the right-hander to reach before pitching for the Reds. "I was ready five or six days ago," said Latos, who chafed at being forced to make a fourth rehab start. "The stuffs there. My velocity is there. Throwing sliders at 90 mph puts a lot of stress on your arm, so that should tell you something." First baseman Donald Lutz was optioned to Louisville to make room on the roster for Votto. Lutz hit .154 (2 for 13) in seven games after being recalled from Louisville on May 23. Tom Brady Youth Jersey . -- The Denver Broncos locked up a shutdown cornerback, only his name wasnt Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Tom Brady Jersey .B. -- Canadas Rachel Homan had ideal preparation for the playoffs at the Ford World Curling Championships with a pair of hard-fought wins over tenacious opponents Thursday. http://www.patriotsjerseysauthentic.com/Rob-Gronkowski-Super-Bowl-Jersey/ .com) - Australian Open champion Li Na, former Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova and former world No. FRANKFURT, Germany -- Bayer Leverkusen secured a 2-1 victory over Hoffenheim on Friday with a goal that wasnt and Hoffenheim lodged a protest hoping for a replay. Stefan Kiesslings header at the near post from a corner narrowly missed the target, the ball hit the outside of the net but rolled into the goal through a hole in the netting. Although television replays left no doubt, referee Felix Brych ignored pleas from Hoffenheim players, who also appeared to be taken by surprise at first. Brych was shown the breach in the netting but the FIFA referee shrugged and stood by his decision as the game had already resumed. "Its a scandal. That was no goal, there are no two ways about it. We are definitely going to protest," Hoffenheims managing director Alexander Rosen said. His Leverkusen counterpart, Rudi Voeller, also said it was "definitely" not a goal and said his team was in an "uncomfortable situation." "Thats not how we wanted to win the game," Voeller said. "The fair result would have been a 2-2." Kiesslings first reaction was to turn away in frustration at missing the chance and hold his head in his hands. Only when his teammates surrounded him in celebration did Kiessling also raise his arms in tepid triumph. "I didnt really see it, I turned away but I was surprised to see the ball in. I didnt know how it got in," Kiessling said. The incident resembled Thomas Helmers famous "phantom goal" for Bayern Munich against Nuremberg in 1994 that finished in a 2-1 Bayern win. That match was replayed and Bayern won 5-0 to capture the title. Brych said, "there was a corner and then the ball was in the net." "I had a slight doubt but the reaction from the players was clear, nobody was against (the decision),"; Brych said. John Hannah Jersey. Brych said that none of the players -- including Kiessling -- had told him that it wasnt a goal. It wasnt Brychs only controversial moment. He disallowed a Hoffenheim goal that was clearly onside and incorrectly awarded a penalty to Hoffenheim, although the spot kick was missed. Sidney Sam scored against the run of play to put Leverkusen ahead after 26 minutes and Kiesslings "goal" doubled the lead in the 70th before Sven Shipplock pulled one back for Hoffenheim late in the match. In the 82nd, Brych awarded a penalty for Hoffenheim although Roberto Hilbert played the ball and Roberto Firmino fell over him. The tackle was outside the box anyway. Firmino himself took the shot but Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno stopped it. Firmino pounced on the rebound but hit the post and Emir Spahics clearing attempt also hit the post before the ball was finally kicked away. Sam found the space to slot into the low corner despite facing three Hoffenheim defenders in the 26th. Gonzalo Castro did the work, delivering the ball after an unchallenged run down the middle and Sam scored his league-high seventh goal of the season. Hoffenheim was the team dictating play but could not use its chances and also had the misfortune to have a regular goal mistakenly disallowed for a non-existent offside. Kevin Vollands attempt was blocked at the last moment, Sejad Salihovics free kick was cleared on the line and Anthony Modeste missed Hoffenheims best chance when Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno managed to divert his point-blank shot into the corner. While Hoffenheim wasted half a dozen chances, Leverkusen did look dangerous on the rare break. Modeste had another header saved in the second half, while on the other side Castros shot was palmed away by Koen Casteels. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen