Image and video hosting by TinyPic

end of the regular season.And their draw looks favourable with winnable games in the following rounds until the week before the

in
Über uns
12.08.2019 00:59
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Umpire Paul Reiffel has dismissed the idea of wearing a helmet while officiating in Test matches, despite suffering a concussion after being hit by a fielders throw on the first day of the fourth Test of the ongoing India-England series. Reiffel is currently home in Melbourne, after the ICC deemed him unfit to take the field in the final Test in Chennai.Speaking to Fairfax Media, the former Australia fast bowler said wearing a helmet would complicate the umpiring process for him. It would be too heavy and too hot, five days with a helmet on, it just would be impossible, he said. Its hard to hear [with the helmet on]. Ive put one on and thought could I umpire in this?, and I thought Id really struggle.Reiffel, who was standing at square leg when he was hit by a throw from Indias Bhuvneshwar Kumar, said the accident occurred because he took his eyes off the ball thinking it was dead. Always keep your eye on the ball, he said. I just didnt do it. I feel a bit silly not doing that. Its like playing; if you watch the ball you should come out all right. It was just an accident. Id back myself to get out of the way if I see it coming.The batsmen had stopped running, the fieldsmen were taking their time. I must have relaxed and expected him to throw it to the keeper over my head and he decided to throw it halfway to the fieldsman. He got it wrong and hit me on the back of my head. It got me behind the ear and hit me flush, thats whats done the damage.He said he could remember little of what happened thereafter, and, in hindsight, was glad the ICC took the decision to make him stand down for the rest of the Test. Apart from that, I dont really remember a lot about it. I suppose it did hurt. Ive watched the replay and I went down pretty quick. I was rolling around a bit. It certainly shook me up.The next day you feel as though you should be out there. The England cricket team doctor put me through a few tests and I didnt pass them that well, so they decided it was best not to do the Test and have a bit of a rest and come back later. The ICC decided it was for the best I had the rest. Im glad about that because I needed it. I was pretty sick for a few days there.Reiffel is expected to return for the New Zealand-Bangladesh ODI series, which begins on Boxing Day.Authentic Football Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys China . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. http://www.cheapfootballjerseyscustom.com/ .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. Football Jerseys 2020 Outlet . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U.If what they say is true and everybody loves an underdog, 2016 will be remembered as one of the best years in the almanacs of sport.From the unheralded Danny Willett taking out the US Masters title to 5000 to 1 shot Leicester City winning the English Premier League, it has been a great year to be an outsider.Are the Cronulla Sharks also about to follow suit and write the next chapter in a growing collection of sporting fairy tales?Cronulla, for decades, have provided more punchlines than punch in the NRL but as they celebrate their 50th year they are circling a maiden rugby league premiership.Just two years ago, Cronulla claimed the wooden spoon after becoming embroiled in a supplements scandal that disrupted their season and threatened the clubs existence; how times have changed.When UBET tabled their first market for season 2016, the Sharks were quoted at a generous $17 to break the drought.They firmed into $11 ahead of the season opener but the initial odds appeared more than justified after two defeats in the first three rounds.Their slow start saw them slump to 10th on the NRL ladder, their premiership odds ease back out to $13 and left their long-suffering fans feeling as empty as their trophy cabinet.Fast-forward to round 20, and Cronulla are closing on their first minor premiership since 1999 with hope growing as fast as the odds are shortening that this could finally be their year. They are now $4.25 second-favouritess with UBET.dddddddddddd?Since their 22-12 loss to Manly in mid-March, they have gone on a 14-match unbeaten run and, as each round passes, interest in the Sharks has steadily increased from a nibble into a frenzy.?They are almost unbackable this Sunday to equal the fifth-best mark set by Souths, Manly and Melbourne with 15 straight victories when they take on the bottom-placed Newcastle.The Roosters team of 1975 hold the longest winning streak with 19 matches, but UBET rate the Sharks of 2016 as a genuine chance of breaking that record -- quoting $13 for them to reach 21 by the end of the regular season.And their draw looks favourable with winnable games in the following rounds until the week before the finals, when they will run into fellow premiership contenders Melbourne.?If Cronulla manage to clear that obstacle then the focus will shift to an inconceivable 24 straight wins through the finals; achieve that and nobody could deny them their first ever premiership triumph.ESPN columnist Brett Kimmorley is already a believer; hes predicted his former club will keep the run going, and rubbished the theory that they need to lose a game before the finals.Winning form is good form, Kimmorley said.They havent been at their best lately but theyve still found ways to win which is important in the finals. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen