Image and video hosting by TinyPic

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa -- Oscar Pistorius was in an altercation at an upmarket nightclub over the weekend, his family said T

in
die Pension
24.08.2019 03:03
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa -- Oscar Pistorius was in an altercation at an upmarket nightclub over the weekend, his family said Tuesday. Yeezy Danmark Køb . Pistorius went with a cousin to a trendy Johannesburg nightclub on Saturday, where he was accosted by a man who aggressively questioned him about his murder trial, his family confirmed. The man gave a different version, saying the double-amputee runner was drunk, insulted his friends and the family of President Jacob Zuma and poked him in the chest, according to Johannesburgs Star newspaper. Regardless of who started the argument, the weekend episode focuses fresh attention on the disputed character of Pistorius, a globally recognized athlete who is on trial for murder after he fatally shot girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp through a closed toilet door on Feb. 14, 2013. Defence lawyers describe Pistorius, currently free on bail, as a vulnerable figure with a disability who pulled the trigger in a tragic case of mistaken identity, but prosecutors portray him as a gun-obsessed hothead who shot Steenkamp after the couple quarreled. The trial is on a break ahead of closing arguments on Aug. 7-8, sparing Pistorius the near-daily trip to the Pretoria courthouse, where he has sometimes wept and wailed in apparent distress during testimony. The nightclub argument has put him back on the front pages of South Africas press, which has also highlighted a number of quotations about suffering and religious faith that appeared on his Twitter account in the hours that followed. The altercation in the nightspot cannot be a factor in Pistorius trial, said a legal analyst who has closely followed proceedings. "It would not be appropriate to mention it in closing arguments as it would constitute hearsay as no previous witness has entered evidence of it on the trial record," Kelly Phelps, a senior lecturer in the public law department at the University of Cape Town, wrote in an email to The Associated Press. "If it had occurred earlier in proceedings the gentleman concerned could have been called as a witness or Mr. Pistorius could have been questioned on the reports. Even then it would have very little value. The most important thing the court needs to determine is what Pistorius was thinking and how he was acting on the night in question," wrote Phelps, referring to the night on which Pistorius killed Steenkamp. Pistorius had been barred from consuming alcohol under early bail conditions, but the ban was rescinded after the defence appealed. He was seated in a quiet booth in the VIP section of the nightclub before he was approached, said Anneliese Burgess, a spokeswoman for the Pistorius family. "The individual, according to my client, started to aggressively interrogate him on matters relating to the trial. An argument ensued during which my client asked to be left alone," she said in a statement. "Oscar soon thereafter left the club with his cousin. My client regrets the decision to go to a public space and thereby inviting unwelcome attention." The man who argued with Pistorius is Jared Mortimer, according to Johannesburgs Star newspaper and The Juice, a South African celebrity news website, which quoted Mortimer as saying the Paralympic athlete started the confrontation. Pistorius said Mortimers friends had betrayed him in the murder trial, The Star quoted Mortimer as saying in an apparent reference to evidence presented in court. The athlete also said he had information that could get those friends into trouble, but he would not use it, according to Mortimer. "He was drunk, but not bad. We were drinking tequila and I still remember putting down my drink and thinking I couldnt drink it while my friends were being spoken of like that," The Star quoted Mortimer as saying. Pistorius also insulted the family of the South African president, Jacob Zuma, upsetting Mortimer, who is a friend of a member of Zumas family, according to the newspaper. "He was poking me and saying that I would never get the better of him," the newspaper quoted Mortimer as saying. "He was close to my face and at that point I pushed him to get him away from me. A chair was behind his legs and he fell to the ground." The altercation happened Saturday night in Sandton, an upscale area in Johannesburg, according to South African media. A woman who answered the telephone at The VIP Room, the club where the incident occurred, said club owner Chris Coutroulis was "overseas" and was awaiting reports from club staff who witnessed the altercation. The club website says it caters to the "nouveau riche" and invites guests to "slip on your diamante dancing shoes or designer suit and dance the night away at the most ostentatious venue in Joburg." On Monday, several quotations appeared on Pistorius Twitter account. They included the biblical verse "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted," as well as a prayer, "Lord, today I ask that you bathe those who live in pain in the river of your healing. Amen." Another tweet shows photos of Pistorius with disabled and other children and a caption about "the ability to make a difference in someones life." Burgess, the Pistorius family spokeswoman, said she was not immediately able to confirm the authenticity of the tweets. He last tweeted on Feb. 14, the first anniversary of Steenkamps death. Pistorius, who says he killed Steenkamp after thinking an intruder was about to attack him, faces 25 years to life in prison if found guilty of premeditated murder. He could also be sentenced to a shorter prison term if convicted of murder without premeditation or negligent killing. Additionally, he faces separate gun-related charges. Køb Yeezy Boost 350 i Danmark .Y. - Geno Smith shouted a couple of mighty expensive expletives. Yeezy Sko Danmark . "Ive still got it," Seattles ace said with a sly grin. Riding that fastball carrying a little more zip, Hernandez took a shutout bid into the ninth inning as the Mariners beat the Los Angeles Angels 3-1 on Wednesday night. On the verge of a brilliant shutout and first complete game since Aug. http://www.yeezyskodanmark.com/ .Y. - The NFL has fined Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch $20,000 for making an obscene gesture during last Sundays NFC championship game, a person with knowledge of the fine told The Associated Press on Thursday.7) Which NHL team should benefit most from the All-Star break? (Lets go ahead and say Buffalo. The Sabres have gone their separate ways already and dont play again until January 27 in Calgary. Sabres coach Ted Nolan told his players to take advantage of the extended time off and "enjoy life". Until January 27, I guess.)8) Does it follow, then, that Buffalo will visit Edmonton on that trip? (Sure enough, two nights later, in the game that will captivate those who, like a certain Buffalo radio personality, think the race in reverse to 30th place is "the best race in sports".)9) If an NHL team wanted to copy Detroits success, what would it do? (Invest, almost exclusively, in the draft. The 20-man Detroit lineup for Sunday nights 6-4 win over Buffalo included one NHL free agent (Stephen Weiss), one NHL player claimed on waivers (Drew Miller), two college free agents (Danny DeKeyser and Luke Glendening), and 16 players drafted by the Red Wings, none of them drafted in the top 20. Truly remarkable.)10) The Seattle-Green Bay NFC championship game was so good, it should have lasted longer. And, with a more sensible overtime rule, it would have. How and why? (The NFL changed its rules to admit that the result of the overtime coin toss should not be as important as it was when a first-possession field goal could end the game, but for some reason, its okay to win the toss, march for a touchdown and celebrate a win. Its only right that if both teams snap the ball in one case, it should be that way in any case.)11) Any other rules the NFL should change? (Plenty of them, if fairness and logic and common sense are applied. Two of the best head-coaching prospects will be busy at the Super Bowl, so Seattle defensive co-ordinator Dan Quinn and New England offensive co-ordinator Josh McDaniels have not been allowed to receive or accept offers from other teams. It should be that way for their peers. If some, and arguably the best assistant coaches are prevented from taking jobs until after the Super Bowl, others should have to wait, too.)12) Would the Seahawks amazing comeback have happened if the game had been played in Green Bay? (Surely not, as the momentum from Seattles "12th man" had a lot to do with it. Of interest is the fact that the game would have been played in Green Bay if not for the Packers Week 15 loss in Buffalo, a game that saw Aaron Rodgers complete only 17 of 42 passes, with two interceptions. The legacy of Doug Marrone and Kyle Orton, if you will.)13) What is likely to happen with DeflateGate? (Lets guess that officials felt the need to weigh a football and found it to be under-inflated, thereby creating the need for further attention. Given the Patriots history of trickery and rule-bending, an investigation was warranted, and it will be concluded that no tampering was done to any footballs, even one or more that might have needed a bit of air. Yeezy 350 Danmark. . On the other hand, if New England is found guilty of tampering with Sundays game balls, the league will be forced to get lot tougher than the Pats actions might warrant. Because...enough is enough.)14) Some early Super Bowl betting odds picked the Patriots by a point, and others the Seahawks by one. Has there ever been a Super Bowl without a favourite? (No, there has never been a "pick em" Super Bowl.)15) What do you think the Denver Broncos were saying as they watched the AFC Championship? ("We had a running attack and we had Peyton Manning - how did we lose to the Indianapolis Colts?")16) How badly do the Broncos want Manning as their quarterback for another season, or two? (That can be debated now that theyve hired Gary Kubiak as their new head coach. It has been suggested that Kubiaks offence calls for a quarterback more mobile than Manning, and that Kubiak was less than interested in Mannings services for that reason when he coached in Houston. But Kubiak wasnt hired by John Elway without committing to Manning if Manning commits to him, the Broncos and at least one more NFL season.)17) Does it make sense that the Washington Nationals would trade Stephen Strasburg after signing Max Scherzer? (Eventually, perhaps, because when Strasburg becomes a free agent following the 2016 season, the Nats will find him too rich for their books after giving Scherzer his 200-plus million-dollar deal. But for the coming season, at least, wouldnt they be tempted to trot out a rotation of Scherzer, Strasburg, Jordan Zimmerman, Gio Gonzalez and Doug Fister?)18) Is there anyone else to criticize after criticizing Daniel Carcillo for cross-checking Mathieu Perreault, and the NHL for suspending Carcillo for only six games? (How about the Chicago Blackhawks? Do they really need Daniel Carcillo?)19) Whats the definition of a bad NBA game? (This from Monday in Oakland - the Golden State Warriors beat the Denver Nuggets by 43 points. Thirteen members of the Warriors played at least 10 minutes each, and all 13 scored points. It could only have been worse if the game had been played in Denver.)20) Finally, would I dare to call the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings "losers"? (No, but I so dislike the NHLs three-point game and the point it donates to the "loser" that I must point out the 12 "loser points" received this season by the Kings. LA has won only 20 times. The Leafs have 22 wins.) ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen