Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Weve really got to take the game on as

in
Über uns
17.05.2018 15:21
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

LONDON -- Carl Froch won a unanimous decision over Mikkel Kessler in a super middleweight title unification bout on Saturday night, avenging his first career defeat and adding the WBA championship to his IBF belt. Fighting in front of a partisan crowd at the sold-out O2 Arena, Froch (47-2, 35 KOs) started quickly and survived several spots of trouble to hold off Kessler (30-3), who beat the Englishman in a thrilling decision in April 2010. The rematch also was highly entertaining, with Froch appearing to hurt Kessler with a series of right hands in the eighth round. The Danish fighter stormed back in the 11th round with several rocking shots, but Froch replied with a punishing 12th-round performance, getting close to stopping Kessler. "Youve got to have a game plan, but I didnt get hit with too many shots in there," Froch said. "Kessler got hit with too many himself, and that was the big difference." All three judges favoured the 35-year-old Froch, scoring it 115-113, 116-112 and 118-110. "(Kessler) is a good counterpuncher," Froch said. "The main difference was, in the first fight, I was backing up. I was letting him dictate the pace. I was letting him push me back. "I was meeting him as he came (in the rematch), and I was being aggressive with the jab. I was looking him in the eye, and letting him know. When he was going to come forward, I was going to meet him with punches. I was discouraging him and putting him on his back foot." The 34-year-old Kessler had won four straight fights, including his victory over Froch for the WBC 168-pound belt. He has won just once outside Denmark since June 2005, going 1-3. Kessler landed more than 55 per cent of his punches, beating Froch in accuracy, but never mounted consistent momentum outside a few middle rounds. Froch dictated the pace until Kessler went for a knockout in the 11th round, but Froch responded with a dominant final round. Froch and Kessler are among the top contenders in a division widely thought to be ruled by Andre Ward, the unbeaten U.S. Olympic champion who beat both men during the Super Six tournament a few years ago. Ward attended Saturdays fight as a commentator for American television and said he would be open to a rematch with Froch. "I actually watched (video of) Andre Ward against Kessler, dare I say, yesterday and today," Froch said. "Stepping in and closing the range once he threw the jab. ... I have been working on a long jab." Froch has won three straight bouts since losing to Ward in December 2011, also beating Lucian Bute and Yusaf Mack in his native Nottingham. Baker Mayfield Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Genard Avery Jersey . -- Yogi Ferrell orchestrates pretty much everything in Indianas offence. http://www.wholesalebrownsjerseys.com/ .Y. -- Injured Buffalo Sabres forward Marcus Foligno did not practice with the team Monday and head coach Ron Rolston said its unlikely hell play in Wednesdays season opener in Detroit. Cheap Browns Jerseys Authentic . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. Cheap Stitched Browns Jerseys . Tests earlier this week revealed a Grade 2 left hamstring strain for Sabathia, who was hurt in last Fridays start against San Francisco. Its an injury that will require about eight weeks to heal. He finished a disappointing campaign just 14-13 with a career-worst 4. Adelaide must find a way to bring their fast-paced running game in order to succeed in the AFL finals, star midfielder Rory Sloane says.West Coasts ability to stifle the Crows run and spread played a key role in their 29-point victory at Adelaide Oval on Friday.The Eagles comfortably won the midfield battle and were able to slow down the Crows, forcing them to kick long to a contest which allowed West Coasts defenders to rack up intercept marks.Sloane was forced to watch from the coaching box after being slapped with a one-week suspension for accidentally striking Ports Brad Ebert.While it was frustrating to see the game unfold from above, Sloane says his vantage point made it easy to see where the Crows were going wrongIt wasnt so much the contested ball, it was more the stuff from stoppages and their spread away from them that got us, Sloane told AAP.As we know, finals means contested footy, so were certainly going to have to make sure thats right at the top of our game.But its also our spread. Weve really got to take the game on as well, that certainly has to be at a high level because thats when weve played our best footy.Sloane says hes raring to return for the Crows home elimination final against North Melbourne on Saturday September 10.Defender Broddie Smith is likely to face the Kangaroos after being sidelined with concussion, while winger Paul Seedsman (corked buttock) is also a chance to return.ddddddddddddSmith looms as a key cog in the Crows running game, providing more rebounds out of the backline and more inside-50s than any of his teammates this year.North Melbournes lacklustre record in the second half of the season - winning just two of their last 11 games - suggests the Crows will start short-priced favourites to win.But Sloane says he rates the Kangaroos big-bodied midfielders and wont be underestimating their potential to turn the contest.Theyve got some of the strongest inside mids in the comp ... they love hunting the contested ball, he said.Thats what finals is, and if they get first use to their big forwards, they can be very dangerous as well.Sloane has been in career-best form since replacing Patrick Dangerfield as anchor of the Crows midfield, averaging 26 disposals, five clearances and seven tackles per game this year.The 26-year-olds suspension left him ineligible for the Brownlow medal, with former teammate Dangerfield favourite to claim the award. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen