Image and video hosting by TinyPic

rst finish is a tie for 26th, and he had a r

in
Über uns
23.09.2019 00:57
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

NAPLES, Fla. -- Ariya Jutanugarn was unable to accept the CME Globe trophy when it was first being presented to her, needing both hands to hold a big plastic cube stuffed with $1 million in cash.Thats a great way to end a season.Jutanugarns breakout year ended with a haul of prizes Sunday at the CME Group Tour Championship: the LPGA Tours Player of the Year award, the money title and the season-long Race to CME Globe points competition that comes with a $1 million bonus.A winner of five tournaments in a year that started slowly with a major meltdown in the California desert and was turned around by three consecutive wins in May, Jutanugarn held off Lydia Ko for all three of those trophies.I never expected like that much, Jutanugarn said. I just really wanted to win my first tournament this year.In Gee Chun made a 10-footer for birdie on the final hole to win the scoring title by the slimmest of margins, making her the first player since Nancy Lopez in 1978 to win both the Vare Trophy and Rookie of the Year in the same season. If Chuns final putt had not fallen, Ko would have won the Vare for the first time.Its still been a very cool season for me, said Ko, the worlds No. 1 player, who wrapped Jutanugarn in a big hug when their rounds were complete before heading off to sign dozens of autographs.Combined, Ko and Chun took more than 11,500 swings over 166 rounds -- and the scoring title came down to one putt.It was big pressure for me, Chun said. I just tried to enjoy my last putt. ... It was a big honor for me, to have my name next to legends.Add her to the list of young stars on the LPGA Tour. Shes 22, Jutanugarn turns 21 later this week and Ko doesnt even turn 20 until early next year.Add Charley Hull to that list as well. Shes a tournament winner now.Another 20-year-old -- youth is most definitely served in this era of womens golf -- Hull looked like a savvy veteran as she captured her first win. Hull finished 2 shots ahead of So Yeon Ryu, that margin coming after they had a 2-shot swing at the 17th. Ryus approach came to rest along a 3-foot face of a bunker, forcing her to play off to the side and wind up settling for bogey.Hull made birdie there, then coolly 2-putted on the 18th to prevail. She shot 66-66 in a bogey-free weekend, with 12 birdies and 24 pars in her final 36 holes of the season.I was pretty calm, Hull said. I went on the golf course and tried not to think about golf.There were tournaments within the tournament, with many things decided in the seasons final minutes. Player of the Year was settled first, when it became evident that Ko -- who needed a win and nothing less to take that title -- was not going to catch Hull. The Race to CME Globe came next, with this being the first time in that awards three-year history that it wouldnt go to Ko.The scoring title then came down to Kos and Chuns final putts, and about a half-hour later, Hull finished off the week and the season by making her first win the tour championship.Its a pretty cool feeling, Hull said. Hasnt quite sunk in yet.Hull finished at 19-under 269. So Yeon Ryu (67) was second, Jennifer Song (68) followed at 15 under, and Jutanugarn (69) was 14 under with Mo Martin (68) and Beatriz Recari (68). Chun (70) was seventh at 13 under.DIVOTS: Ko shot a 10-under 62 on Friday, but her other rounds this week were 70, 73 and 72. She tied for 10th at 11 under. ... Shanshan Feng of China finished her season with a birdie and ended this week 12 under. She had won her last two starts and was eighth or better in her final seven events of 2016. ... Former world No. 1 Stacy Lewis is 0-for-63 since winning midway through what was her second player-of-the-year campaign in 2014. She shot 76 and tied for 42nd. ... Defending champion Cristie Kerr (72) tied for 22nd, 12 back of Hull.Cardinals Jerseys China . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. Stitched Cardinals Jerseys . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. https://www.cheapcardinalsonline.com/ .Y. -- Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse have another World Cup gold medal after winning the two-women bobsled race on Saturday in Lake Placid, N. St. Louis Cardinals Pro Shop . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No.JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The laser machines that have been tracing shots at PGA Tour events for more than a decade were getting old and needed to be replaced. That led tour officials to ask if there was a better method to collect data.The answer was found in sophisticated video cameras.It started with small cameras attached to poles on the sides of three greens at PGA Tour events during a testing phase toward the end of last season. As 2016 ends this week, cameras are being used on six greens at Sea Island for the RSM Classic.It would be easy to buy new lasers, said Steve Evans, the tours senior vice president of information systems. But would there be another way to collect data? And could we be collecting more than were collecting? What about using video cameras to translate what comes through video into data?ShotLink involves mapping golf courses and using lasers to show where each shot lands. That information generally allows for distance (how far off the tee, how close to the hole) and direction (fairway, rough, bunkers, greens).The cameras bring motion into play, particularly with putting. It will allow for statistics on the percentage of putts that break left-to-right or right-to-left, whether the putt is downhill or uphill.From a data perspective, we can learn if uphill is harder or downhill is easier, Evans said.Evans said the cameras also can correct flaws with projected putting paths because it eliminates the assumption on how hard the ball must be struck.With this system, lets say its a 30-foot putt. Well know a foot off the putter how fast the ball is moving, Evans said. Its gives us a much more accurate projection on where it will end.With the cameras installed only at the green, there are some limitations. The cameras can pick up the golf ball only as it approaches the green. Evans said if it proves worthwhile, cameras could be installed from the tees and along the fairways.By tracking a ball in motion instead of where it comes to a rest, statistics would be available showing how much a ball rolls once its on the green. That would relate to the trajectory of the ball in its approach.Evans said digital and broadcast media are likely to get the most of the information, along with publications that go heavy on analytics. It figures to be useful for players, too, allowing them to spot tendencies in their games.All that feedback and analysis on the golf course is nice to have, Rickie Fowler said. We look at statistics and stuff a lot more. Joe (Skovron), my caddie, does it for feedback on areas that we may have been working on to see the improvement and then what areas need improvement. Some guys use it more than others.The tour hopes to have it in place in the first part of 2017, at which point Evans said it will work with broadcast partners and how to make the best use of the data.---WILLET & WESTWOOD: Masters champion Danny Willett decided not to play the World Cup next week in Australia to keep his back from acting up.That decision also knocked out his partner, Lee Westwood.Willett was able to pick his partner as the highest-ranked player from England. When he withdrew, the spot first was offered to Justin Rose (he declined as he rests his back) and then to Chris Wood, who accepted. Wood was able to take his own partner, and he went with Andy Sullivan.Willett said he thinks Westwood stilll should have been able to go.dddddddddddd.When the guys have booked their flights and done their things, I think its potentially not quite right just because one guy pulls out that it means the other guy has to kind of withdraw without having a say in it, Willett said Tuesday. I think you then just go down the list and see which guy potentially then wants to play. With such short notice, I dont see why they have kind of completely switched it around and made it two brand-new guys.Willett said he has apologized to Westwood. They belong to the same management group.Westy has been pretty good about it and stuff like that, he said. So yeah, it was a shame, really, how it ended because we were both looking forward to going down there and pairing up.---OGILVYS PRAISE: Jordan Spieth is playing the Australian Open this week and is in the same group as Geoff Ogilvy and U.S. Amateur champion Curtis Luck.Ogilvy loves the draw, mainly because of Spieth.More than anyone, he seems to always sign for one or two (shots) less than you think he should have, Ogilvy said. Thats always the sign of a great player. Tiger was like that. He always seemed to sign for five less than he should have. Jordan is one of those guys who gets the best out of his round almost every time you play with him.---FATHER AND SON: Jack Nicklaus has been playing the PNC Father-Son Challenge so long that his son is older than seven major champions in the field.Nicklaus and his oldest son, 55-year-old Jackie, will be among 20 teams on Dec. 10-11 at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club at Grande Lakes in Orlando, Florida. Its the one tournament Nicklaus wont miss. He is playing for the 15th time and calls it one of the most anticipated events of the year for me.I was looking at the incredible field they have assembled again this year, and I see several fathers you are actually younger than my son, Nicklaus said. At a combined age of 130 years, is it too late for us to ask for shots?Among the newcomers is John Daly, who will be playing with his 13-year-old son who goes by Little John.---DIVOTS: Two players are not defending their titles this week. Padraig Harrington (Indonesia Open) qualified for the DP World Tour Championship in Dubai. Matt Jones (Australian Open), who lost his full PGA Tour card last year, is playing the RSM Classic at Sea Island. ... Paul Levy was elected president of the PGA of America last week during the 100th annual meeting in New York. Levy is president of club operations and development for Sunrise Company and the CEO and general manager of Toscana Country Club in the California desert. He had served as vice president and secretary over the previous four years. ... Luke List has broken par in 15 of his 16 rounds in the new PGA Tour season. His worst finish is a tie for 26th, and he had a runner-up in Mississippi. ... Kevin Chappell, who had a Nike equipment deal, has PXG irons and wedges in his bag this week at Sea Island.---STAT OF THE WEEK: The European Tour will have a one-week break before starting its new season.---FINAL WORD: Ive still won twice and finished second in a major. If thats a valley, then its going to be a lot of fun when we get back up to a peak. -- Jordan Spieth on his 2016 season. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen