Image and video hosting by TinyPic

d got their feet underneath them and felt like if theyd just execute theyd have a chance to

in Unsere Regeln 19.05.2018 10:28
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Robin Ventura has decided the success-starved South Siders need a new leader.Ventura announced Sunday he will not return as Chicago White Sox manager next season, insisting it was his decision and he wasnt pushed out due to a fourth consecutive losing season. Ventura was in the last year of his contract.I enjoy this place, I love this place, a stoic Ventura said after Chicagos season-ending 6-3 loss to the Minnesota Twins. At the end, it probably needs a new voice.The Chicago Sun-Times reported Saturday that bench coach and former Cubs manager Rick Renteria will likely take over, but the team did not immediately announce a replacement. White Sox general manager Rick Hahn is scheduled to address reporters Monday.Ventura said he initiated the departure.You just realize right now is the right time to do it and you need somebody else, Ventura said.Ventura went 375-435 in five seasons with the White Sox. After an 85-77 debut in 2012 that wasnt good enough for the playoffs, Venturas teams regressed.The White Sox finished 78-84 this year despite a 23-10 start that gave them a six-game lead in the AL Central on May 9.Thanks to injuries, a slumping offense and a shaky bullpen, the White Sox stumbled to a 55-74 mark the rest of the way and a fourth-place finish amid a couple of bizarre off-field incidents.Executive vice president Ken Williams, whose future is also uncertain, banned DH Adam LaRoches son from the clubhouse in spring training. LaRoche responded by abruptly retiring, and ace Chris Sale ripped Williams.In July, Sale was suspended five days for cutting up collared throwback jerseys he didnt want to wear for his start. Sale later criticized Ventura for not sticking up for him in his dispute with the marketing staff.You have moments -- I dont know if theyre disagreements -- but there are some terse conversations that you have, Ventura said. Thats just part of being together and part of a lot of competitive people being in a room. That just happens. But at the end of the day I know they went out and competed. And thats the biggest thing.Sale allowed an inside-the-park home run to the speedy Byron Buxton on the first pitch Sunday. Miguel Sano added a three-run shot in the third as Sale was denied his career-best 18th win after allowing five runs and six hits over five innings.Sale, who finished with a 3.34 ERA and 233 strikeouts, denied there was any trouble with his manager.What did we have, a couple things that made it in the news? Sale said. That doesnt mean I dont like him or he didnt like me. We always had the same goal, the same vision. The same passion.You get a bunch of guys in the same room and the testosterone is pumping. This is a competitive game, sports are competitive. Things happen, but that doesnt change what I think of him personally. Hes as good as they get.The easygoing, friendly Ventura had fans in the clubhouse. Right-hander James Shields called him one of the better managers Ive been around. Third baseman Todd Frazier said I love him to death and outfielder Adam Eaton praised the 49-year-olds demeanor and communication skills.He hasnt had an easy road while hes been here, Ill tell you that much, Eaton said. For me, in the three years Ive been here, you put it on the players. Players havent played up to expectations. Its our fault.Ventura was a fan favorite as a slick-fielding third baseman on Chicagos South Side. The 10th overall pick of the 1988 draft won six Gold Gloves and was a two-time All-Star over a 16-year career, mostly with the White Sox and Mets.Ventura had no managerial experience and was a surprise hire of then-GM Williams after the 2011 season following Ozzie Guillens messy exit.The White Sox have tried to contend in recent seasons by bringing in high profile players such as Adam Dunn, Jeff Samardzija, David Robertson, Melky Cabrera, Eaton, Frazier and LaRoche. But the White Sox didnt improve under Ventura, and the teams recent struggles have coincided with the resurgence of the crosstown Cubs, who have the majors best record and have drawn over three million fans. The White Sox drew under 1.75 million this season.You look throughout sports, not only baseball, when teams that are supposed to do well dont do well, changes are made, catcher Alex Avila said. Not only with coaching staffs and personnel off the field but on the field as well.The White Sox may be turning to a former manager of their rival. Renteria went 73-89 with the Cubs in 2014, only to be let go after one season when Joe Maddon became available.The 54-year-old Renteria just finished his first season as bench coach with the White Sox.I think hes got a lot of qualities that Robin has. Maybe a little more vocal, Eaton said. He definitely will get his point across a little more, vocally. Not that he has more passion than Robin or anything like that, but hes a little more upbeat, a little more bouncy. Hes kind of a bundle of baseball joy.Renterias bilingual skills and history of working well with younger players would be strengths for a team potentially heading for a rebuild with many Spanish-speaking players.It would be a little bit more comfortable or make communication easier but I was good with Robin, Cuban slugger Jose Abreu said through an interpreter. I didnt have any kind of trouble with Robin to communicate.Hahn earlier this season called the team mired in mediocrity and hinted at tearing down the roster, something 80-year-old chairman Jerry Reinsdorf has resisted in the past. Since winning the World Series in 2005, the White Sox have just one playoff appearance, in 2008.Sale, who has a team-friendly contract, could bring in a large haul of prospects. So could fellow lefty Jose Quintana.This is sports. Anything can happen, Sale said. I dont anticipate that happening or necessarily really want that to happen, but it could. Marcus Allen Womens Jersey .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. James Washington Womens Jersey . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. http://www.cheapsteelersjerseys.net/ . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. Joshua Frazier Womens Jersey . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. Cheap Steelers Store . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and took the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Virginia Tech proved it can overcome a slow start and turnovers.The Hokies fell behind by 17 points early and trailed by 10 to start the fourth quarter, but Jerod Evans guided them to a touchdown and a pair of field goals by Joey Slye in the quarter to beat Notre Dame 34-31 Saturday.Evans threw for 267 yards and two touchdowns and ran for another in intermittent snow and 20 mph winds. The Hokies (8-3) had been 0-3 when trailing at halftime this season and minus-9 in turnovers in its three losses. Evans threw an interception on a pass that bounced off the hands of Cam Phillips and fumbled when he was sacked, leading to 10 points by the Irish on the two turnovers.Evans said the Hokies knew the game wasnt over after falling behind 17-0.We know were more than capable of doing of what we do with the high-powered offense, so you dont lose confidence easily when youve got that type of talent, he said.The Virginia Tech defense shut down the Irish offense in the second half. After giving up 299 yards in total offense, the Hokies held the Irish to 150 yards in the second half -- with 67 yards of that came on a touchdown run by Josh Adams that extended Notre Dames lead to 31-21 and 57 coming on the final drive of the game.They hit us on a couple of plays early that they had not shown, but our kids hung in there, Virginia Tech defensive coordinator Bud Foster said. It was a tale of two halves. They did some unique things and we adjusted.DeShone Kizer, who was 13-of-18 passing for 199 yards with two touchdowns in the first half, was just 3 of 15 for 36 yards in the second half.We had some balls that were catchable that we didnt catch. I just dont think we executed quite as well offensively, Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said.Virginia Tech coach Justin Fuente said the Hokies simply pllayed better after halftime.ddddddddddddI dont think there was any great revelation at halftime. Its just, weve got to play better, he said. We were out there dropping the ball on the ground, giving up big plays. Just not playing Virginia Tech football. I think guys kind of settled down and got their feet underneath them and felt like if theyd just execute theyd have a chance to have success. Thats what they did.THE TAKEAWAYVirginia Tech: A solid performance after a slow start should give the Hokies confidence as they try to clinch the ACC Coastal Division.Notre Dame: It was the same old story for the Irish, who squandered a double-digit lead in a loss for the third time this season. The loss clinched a losing season for the Irish, just the 14th time in 128 seasons of playing football and the first since going 3-9 in 2007.POLL IMPLICATIONS: The win against the Irish could get the Hokies back in the poll.UNWANTED RECORDThe loss drops Kellys record to 59-30 in seven seasons at Notre Dame, tying him with Lou Holtz for most losses at the school. Holtz was 100-30-2 in 11 seasons. Kelly will finish with only his second losing season in 26 seasons as coach. Central Michigan finished 4-7 in his first year as head coach there in 2004.UP NEXTVirginia Tech: The Hokies finish the regular season with their annual game against rival Virginia. The Hokies have beaten the Cavaliers 12 straight times.Notre Dame: The Irish finish the season against rival USC. In their last trip to face the Trojans in 2014, the Irish were blown out 49-14. The Irish have won three of the last four in the series.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen