Image and video hosting by TinyPic

is that he can make plays with his feet and I dont think we can totally inhibit him from doing that, Saban said. I guess if he

in
Über uns
01.10.2019 01:47
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Eddie Rosario homered, tied a career record with four hits and scored a career-high four runs as the Minnesota Twins beat the Texas Rangers 8-6 on Saturday night.The Twins, with the American Leagues worst record, have won four of six against the club with the leagues best record over the past nine days to clinch the season series with one game left. Minnesota has outscored Texas 47-25 in the six games.The Twins overall have won six of their last eight games.Ricky Nolasco (4-7) won for the first time since June 13. He allowed three earned runs on nine hits with no walks in six innings.Kyle Lohse (0-1) gave up six runs on nine hits after being officially added to Texas roster from Triple-A Round Rock earlier Saturday. Lohse, 37, last started a major league game last August for the Milwaukee Brewers. He made his big league debut with the Twins in 2001.Rosario, hitting .206 going into the game, hit his fourth home run of the season into the upper deck in right field in the fifth inning, doubled twice and singled. His previous four-game came on April 21 against the Brewers.It was Rosarios third multi-game of the season, his second in three games.Eduardo Nunez hit his 12th home run of the season. His previous career high was five.Lohses five-inning start ended a club-record seven-game stretch during which no Rangers starter lasted that far.With Texas losing six of its last eight games, starters have an ERA of 10.45 during that span with opponents hitting .400. Three of the Rangers regular starters have been on the disabled list: Yu Darvish, Colby Lewis and Derek Holland.The Rangers havent won consecutive games since a four-game winning streak, June 25-28.Ian Desmond had a double and two singles to give him 37 multi-hit games, one behind major league leader Mookie Betts of the Boston Red Sox.Elvis Andrus two hits included his fourth home run of the season, his first since June 15.The game began after a rain delay of 1:10.TRAINERS ROOMTwins: CF Byron Buxton (knee bruise) didnt play after leaving Fridays game in the first inning after colliding with the outfield wall. An MRI taken Saturday morning was negative.Rangers: Darvish (shoulder soreness) is scheduled to throw 75 pitches in a rehab assignment Sunday for Double-A Frisco. He is tentatively slated to start for Texas on July 16 at the Chicago Cubs.UP NEXTMinnesota LHP Tommy Milone (1-2) allowed one run over six innings in his last start, equaling his longest outing of the season to earn the win. Texas RHP A.J. Griffin (3-0) hasnt gotten a decision in three starts since returning from the disabled list (right shoulder stiffness).Cyber Monday Jerseys . But what about the officials? Every sport has officials and they also have stories about hard work and sacrifice but their accomplishments are seldom recognized by anyone outside their inner circle. Cheap Authentic Jerseys . Inter president Erick Thohir says in a club statement on Wednesday that Vidic is "one of the worlds best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree, and charisma will be an asset. https://www.fakejerseyswholesale.com/ . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. China Jerseys . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. Stitched Jerseys . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans.TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Jalen Hurts Alabama career started with a fumble on his first play. At Mississippi, Hurts got drilled and lost a fumble that the Rebels returned for a touchdown.Yes, the top-ranked Crimson Tides freshman quarterback has dealt with some adversity in the infancy of his college career -- and bounced back each time even stronger.And thats sold coach Nick Saban that the 18-year-old Texan has the mental fortitude to hold up under the pressures of leading the defending national champions more than any high school video every could.I dont think you ever really know for sure that a guy has that mental makeup until he sort of gets in there under fire, and you see what kind of decisions hes going to make under fire, Saban said.Hurts has passed all the tests so far. There have been rough spots in other games but none more so than against the only two ranked teams Alabama has faced heading into Saturday nights visit to No. 16 Arkansas.He bounced back from his initial play off the bench in the opener against Southern California to both rush and pass for two touchdowns -- all in the second half. That fumble-for-six against the Rebels helped put Alabama in a 24-3 hole.Big plays from defense and special teams helped the Tide forge a comeback, but Hurts numbers were strong, too: 158 passing yards, 146 rushing yards.Theres little question about the physical tools of the 6-foot-2, 210-pounder from Channelview, Texas. Hell almost certainly be the most prolific running quarterback Sabans had during his decade at Alabama, running for 276 yards and three touchdowns through five games. He has also passed for seven touchdowns against just one interception.Only one of Sabans previous Tide quarterbacks has reached 105 rushing yards in a season. Hurts is closing in on Blake Sims 350-yard season two years ago.Arkansas has struggled against mobile quarterbacks like Texas A&Ms Trevor Knight, who ran for 157 yards and two long touchdowns. Now, the Razorbacks fface another challenge in Hurts.ddddddddddddHes a different quarterback, Arkansas defensive backs coach Paul Rhoads said. Hes the biggest, strongest running quarterback that weve faced. I think hes deceptively fast, and the only reason I say deceptively fast is its effortless when hes running. It doesnt look like hes running very fast, and people have a hard time catching him.Hurts has thrown 14 passes of 20-plus yards , even with star receiver ArDarius Stewart missing the past two games with a knee injury. Stewart is expected to return against the Razorbacks.Hurts teammates are buying in on the way hes handled those moments that could have flustered many young quarterbacks.Everybody on the field its, `So what? Now what? Thats the saying that we have, center Bradley Bozeman said. Its `So what, that happened, now what are you going to do to respond to that? So its great to see that in him and he does a very good job with that.Hurts ownership of Alabamas starting job was reinforced when backup Blake Barnett left the school less than a month after starting against USC.That leaves Cooper Bateman as the backup. Saban said losing Barnett wont necessarily lead coaches to limit Hurts carries to reduce the injury risks.I think one of Jalens great assets as a player is that he can make plays with his feet and I dont think we can totally inhibit him from doing that, Saban said. I guess if he gets injured doing it, then itll my fault. I guess if he gets injured by sitting in the pocket throwing a pass, then its OK. (Its) football. I dont worry about guys getting hurt.Were going to do what we have to do to try to give ourselves the best chance to be successful and give him the best chance to be successful.---AP Sports Writer Kurt Voigt in Arkansas contributed to this report.---APs college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen