Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ar-old Thompson.I had rough days training, but

in
Über uns
20.05.2018 15:33
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- Arizonas Braden Shipley knew he didnt have it as Monday nights game wore on. He was right as the Diamondbacks lost 3-2 to the San Diego Padres.Later in the game I was falling behind, working deep in counts, and it drove my pitch count up, he said. Everything felt a little off.Padres starter Clayton Richard was the opposite, sharp for six-plus innings, and Wil Myers homered as San Diego snapped a three-game losing streak.Shipley (4-4), who had won three of his last four starts, was gone after four innings. Shipley surrendered three runs -- two earned -- and six hits with three strikeouts.The win in the matchup of the NL Wests worst teams elevated the Padres into a fourth-place tie with Arizona.He just started to fall behind guys, Arizona manager Chip Hale said of Shipley. Even when he got ahead he would fall back behind and put them in hitters counts.Richard (3-3) won his third straight decision, charged with two runs and six hits. He struck out two and walked two.Brandon Maurer pitched the ninth for his 11th save in 13 chances.Richard, in his second stint with the Padres, has resurrected his career as a starter. Used mostly by the Chicago Cubs as a reliever the last two years, Richard has allowed two runs or less in six of his seven starts with the Padres.San Diego acquired Richard on waivers on Aug. 6 and hes become the teams most consistent starter.Richard wasnt in trouble until the seventh when Kyle Jensens triple scored Yasmany Tomas. Philip Gosselin drove in Jensen with an infield hit when Richard was late covering first base on a grounder to the right side.Brad Hand relieved Richard and induced pinch-hitter Rickie Weeks to hit into an inning-ending double play.The Padres scored three times in the fourth inning.Myers solo blast started the rally, coming on an elevated outside 93 mph fastball. He went the opposite way over the fence in right field for his 26th homer of the season and a franchise-record 16th at Petco Park.Alexi Amarista, who had two hits, followed with a two-run single to left, pushing the Padres ahead 3-0. It came after Derek Norris liner ricocheted off shortstop Chris Owings glove for an error.I just wanted to pitch as long as I could and give the team a chance to win, Shipley said. I was battling there at the end and kept on making pitches. But they did a good job of getting base hits and keeping that inning going.I just really didnt feel like I had the command that I normally do, especially with my offspeed stuff. These guys are good hitters and if you dont have your best stuff that day youre going to get hurt.Padres general manager A.J. Preller started his 30-day suspension for breaking Major League Baseballs protocol for medical record-keeping on Monday.TRAINERS ROOMDiamondbacks: OF A.J. Pollock (strained groin) ran for the first time since getting hurt on Sept. 9.Padres: OF Jabari Blash (sprained finger), who has been out since Aug. 19, could rejoin the team at the end of the week.UP NEXTDiamondbacks: RHP Archie Bradley (7-9, 5.07) has produced three quality starts in his last five outings, going 3-1 with a 5.19 ERA. He has split his two decisions in three starts against the Padres.Padres: RHP Paul Clemens (3-5, 4.94) has dropped three of his last four starts, but the win came in his last one. He threw five innings of scoreless ball when the Padres blanked the San Francisco Giants on Sept. 12. Argentina Sergio Aguero World Cup Jersey .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Argentina Nicolas Otamendi World Cup Jersey . Burke is expected to miss two to three months after breaking a finger in the teams third preseason game. Tinsley, a 10-year veteran, spent the last two seasons in Utah, where the point guard averaged 3. http://www.cheapworldcupargentinajerseys.com/argentina-willy-caballero-world-cup-jersey/ .com) - The Montreal Canadiens embark on their first road trip of the season as they head out west to battle the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. Argentina Manuel Lanzini World Cup Jersey . Aduriz headed home Markel Susaetas cross in the sixth minute to open the scoring at San Mames Stadium. He bettered that with a long-range blast that went in off the goal frame in the 18th, and converted a penalty in the 72nd after Diego Mainz was sent off for fouling Aduriz with only the goalkeeper to beat. Argentina Rodrigo Battaglia World Cup Jersey . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. Elaine Thompson got another sprint double for Jamaica on Wednesday at the Olympics.She blasted out of the blocks and never gave Dutch sprinter Dafne Schippers, the reigning world champion, a chance to catch her on the straightaway of the 200 meters. Thompson finished in a season-best 21.78 seconds for an edge of .10 over Schippers.After winning the 100 meters on Saturday, Thompson has a double that her compatriot Usain Bolt has specialized in.Thompson became the first woman since Marion Jones in 2000 to win both Olympic sprints. Jones records have since been stripped, so Thompson is officially the first woman to win both races since Florence Griffith Joyner, who starred in the Seoul Games in 1988.I saw photos on Google, yes. I didnt know the person, Thompson said of the American great Griffith Joyner, who died 18 years ago.Since then, no female sprinter has had anything close to a lock on the shortest distances like Bolt has had over the past decade.Jamaica had stars like Veronica Campbell-Brown and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce raking in Olympic gold medals, but a double always eluded them. It all came together for the 24-year-old Thompson.I had rough days training, but I did not let that overcome me, Thompson said. Im a warrior, a strong girl. I guess hard work pays off.It was evident in the race itself. Schippers was the sprinter to beat, but she is known to be slow out of the blocks. Thompson, running two lanes in front her, knew her task: Get out like lightning and make sure Schippers could never get close.ddddddddddddI know Dafne is a strong finisher, so I knew I had to have a strong finish, as well, just keep my composure and execute straight to the line, Thompson said.She did exactly that. Try as Schippers might, this was not going to be like last years world championships, when Schippers beat Thompson for gold in Beijing during a thrilling duel.Both dipped for the line on Wednesday, but Thompson was stronger. So much so that Schippers crashed just as she leaned at the finish.I was getting closer and closer, Schippers said. I felt I was nearly passing her, but then I broke down, as well.Schippers said she had a groin injury that pushed her back into fifth place in the 100.Thompson, who came into the Olympics nursing a hamstring injury, fell to the track when she saw gold was hers. Lactic pains from the effort immediately seized her legs.I had to lay down to recover, to do my celebration, she said.Like Bolt has done twice before, Thompson now can go for a triple. The 4x100 relay heats are on Thursday, with the final on Friday.Tori Bowie of the United States earned bronze in 22.15, adding to her 100 silver.Who wouldnt be thankful for another medal? Bowie said. Now I have two.The Associated Press contributed to this report. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen