Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SAO PAULO - The World Cup stadium in the Brazilian host city of Cuiaba is staging its first official match with only half of it

in
Member-Bereich
23.10.2019 06:00
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

SAO PAULO - The World Cup stadium in the Brazilian host city of Cuiaba is staging its first official match with only half of its seats installed and construction work still underway. Devin Hester Jersey . The Arena Pantanal will open on Wednesday with a Brazilian Cup match between Santos and Mixto, but work is far from complete at the stadium, one of three yet to be declared ready for the World Cup in two months time. The official inauguration is set for April 26. The opening match in Cuiaba comes a day after labour officials prevented construction from resuming in part of the stadium hosting the World Cup opener in Sao Paulo. The decision was made because of safety concerns following a workers death over the weekend, the third at the venue and seventh overall. As in most World Cup stadiums in Brazil, infrastructure work around the Arena Pantanal continues at full speed, with bulldozers, cranes and dump trucks still at the site as hundreds of workers try to finish access roads, sidewalks and temporary structures. Wednesdays match will have limited attendance because organizers could only install about 20,000 of the 41,000 seats at the stadium. Fans will only occupy the lower seating sections. The delay came in part because the initial bidding process for the seats was suspended over prosecutors claims that they were overpriced. A court battle ensued over the suppliers and the installation took longer than expected to begin. The match is not going to be considered an official test event for local the World Cup organizing committee in part because not all security measures will be in place. The stadium was one of the six that were not finished by the end of last year as expected by FIFA. Sao Paulo was already behind schedule even before the death of a 23-year-old worker on Saturday, which prompted labour officials to halt the installation of the temporary seats that will be needed for the Brazil-Croatia opener. Work isnt expected to resume until next week as constructors scramble to add safety features to the site. Local organizers and FIFA said the work stoppage is not expected to significantly delay the stadiums date of completion. Local officials said it will be inaugurated in April, but FIFA expects the stadium fully ready only in mid-May, about a month before the opener. The Arena da Baixada, in the southern city of Curitiba, is also expected to be ready in May. But last week the local governments watchdog group recommended a halt on public financing for the stadiums renovation until organizers can explain alleged irregularities in the stadiums budget. FIFA almost excluded Curitiba from the tournament earlier this year because of the delays at the stadium. Walter Payton Youth Jersey .Y. - Phil Varone was the lone scorer in the shootout as the Rochester Americans edged the Toronto Marlies 3-2 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. Roquan Smith Womens Jersey . -- The Anaheim Ducks have signed left wing Dany Heatley to a one-year deal, returning the 33-year-old unrestricted free agent to the Pacific Division. https://www.bearssportsgoods.com/Womens-David-Montgomery-Inverted-Jersey/ . His actions are much louder on the Fenway Park mound. De La Rosa had another strong home start, going seven solid innings to lift the Boston Red Sox to a 2-1 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Saturday night.TORONTO - Josh Johnson is headed to the disabled list with tightness in his right forearm, putting into doubt the remainder of what has been a miserable season for the big right-hander. The move, announced less than 90 minutes before the start of Tuesdays game against the Red Sox, came as a surprise considering manager John Gibbons mentioned only hours earlier his pitcher would be ready to make Wednesdays start. "I felt good coming into today," said Johnson. "Everything was getting better and better each day and then all of a sudden today I kind of felt the same thing. I dont know where it came from. Before the last start it was the best Id felt in three years, probably." The problem began during that start in Seattle. Johnson experienced tightness but ground through five innings, enough to secure just his second win of the year. The pain lingered for a couple of days before subsiding. The tightness returned while Johnson was playing catch during batting practice on Tuesday afternoon. He insists its a muscle problem and doesnt believe the matter is related to the Tommy John ligament replacement surgery he had in 2007. When asked to point to where the pain was emanating, Johnson directed eyes toward the base of the forearm. By way of contrast, Brandon Morrows tightness was on top of his forearm. Hes since been diagnosed with an entrapped nerve and prescribed rest. General manager Alex Anthopoulos hastily called together reporters and announced right-hander Thad Weber would be recalled from Triple-A Buffalo. Either Weber or Esmil Rogers will make Wednesdays start. "Not right now," said Anthopoulos, when asked if one of Ricky Romero or prospects Marcus Stroman or Sean Nolin would be considered to take Johnsons place. "Weve talked about all of them, I guess, at various times. Not for now butt that could change at any time. Mike Singletary Youth Jersey. "Right now, especially with the way its lined up and we need a starter for (Wednesday,) its as much about whos on turn at this point." What this setback means for Johnsons season isnt clear. His stint on the disabled list can be backdated to August 7 but its difficult to envision a scenario which would have Johnson back by the 22nd. With less than seven weeks left in the season and with a rehab stint likely required before a return to the big league mound, assuming Johnson gets healthy, the calendar is not his friend. "Its been tough," Johnson said of his season, which includes only 16 starts, two wins and a 6.20 ERA. "Still got to find a way to get back out on the mound. Thats the only good part about it, is being out there. Even though I was struggling I was out there, I felt great when I was out there so its very frustrating." RASMUS INJURED Colby Rasmus "tweaked" his left oblique on a check swing during Sundays game against Oakland and missed a second-straight game. "I sneezed this morning and I felt it, which is not a good thing," said Rasmus. "But coughing it dont bother me and just doing regular rotations its fine but when this side goes down its in my hip is when I feel it." The Blue Jays are holding out hope Rasmus can return to the lineup, possibly as early as Wednesday, but a stint on the disabled list seems just as likely a reality. Oblique injuries, as Brett Lawrie, Brandon Morrow and Rajai Davis can attest, have a tendency to linger. During periods of rest theres no pain but when baseball activities resume, problems can recur. Manager John Gibbons says the club wont wait long to make a decision if Rasmus continues to have problems through the week. "We cant let it linger," he said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen