Image and video hosting by TinyPic

igh humidity. For one

in
Über uns
21.05.2018 15:08
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

MIAMI -- Adam Morgans epic losing streak is finally over.Morgan snapped his major league-worst streak of nine consecutive losses, Odubel Herrera scored three runs and the Philadelphia Phillies spoiled Miami slugger Giancarlo Stantons return by beating the reeling Marlins 4-3 on Tuesday night.Morgan (2-9) allowed five hits and one run in six innings. He hadnt won since May 10, going 0-9 with a 6.72 ERA in his last 15 appearances, 13 of those starts.Its good to see because he needed to make a change in his approach and pitch differently than he has in the past and hes starting to do that, Phillies manager Pete Mackanin said. He can get better and better.Morgan was staked to a 2-0 lead before his work even started, and was never in any serious trouble. His command wasnt great -- 85 pitches, 54 strikes -- but he didnt issue a walk and lowered his ERA from 6.21 to 5.90.Feels good. It feels good, Morgan said. Defense made some awesome plays behind me. But you know, its been the same game plan. ... Keep it down, keep it simple and we just went out and executed.Tommy Joseph and Freddy Galvis each drove in two runs for the Phillies.Ichiro Suzuki hit the first pinch-hit home run of his career, a two-run shot in the eighth for Miami. Stanton was activated from the disabled list about an hour before the game and delivered a pinch-hit single in the fifth for Miami, which lost for the 10th time in 11 games.Jose Urena (3-6) gave up four runs and seven hits in five innings for Miami, which is 11-23 since Aug. 1.I was trying to stay down in the zone, Urena said. And I did, but they found holes.Jeanmar Gomez pitched the ninth for his 35th save in 39 chances for the Phillies. It was eventful -- Maikel Franco threw a potential game-ending double-play ball into center field to give Miami runners on first and second with one out in the ninth, but Gomez got Ichiro to line out and then struck out Dee Gordon looking to end the game.With Morgans losing streak now over the distinction of having the longest such active drought in the majors goes to San Diegos Christian Friedrich and the New York Mets Logan Verrett, both losers of eight straight decisions.Meanwhile, the jolt the Marlins got from Stantons return wasnt enough.Stanton lined a sharp single off Morgan in his return, jogging to first and being removed for a pinch-runner. The Marlins also activated first baseman Justin Bour from the 60-day DL on Tuesday, after he missed two months with an ankle injury. Bour reached on a walk in the eighth.The Marlins were still firmly in the wild card mix in late August, but time is running out.Obviously, were not in a great spot right now, at this moment, Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. But again, I talk about it a lot -- things can change quickly.HERRERA LOVES MIAMIHerrera has three games in which hes scored at least three runs, and two of them have come in Marlins Park -- the other on Aug. 21, 2015. His career best for runs in a game is four, set on April 23 at Milwaukee.FOR STARTERSMorgan giving up one run extended a streak of success for Phillies starters against the Marlins in 2016. In nine of the teams last 11 games, Philadelphias starter has been charged with no more than two earned runs.OLYMPIC VIBEAshleigh Johnson -- a Miami native who was the goalie for the gold medal-winning U.S. womens water polo team at last months Rio de Janeiro Olympics -- threw out the ceremonial first pitch.TRAINERS ROOMThe Marlins had LHP Wei-Yin Chen (elbow) and RHP Bryan Morris (back surgery) throw in the simulated game to Stanton and Bour. Chen could return to the rotation before the season ends.UP NEXTThe series ends Wednesday with Phillies RHP Jeremy Hellickson (10-8, 3.88) going up against Marlins RHP Andrew Cashner (4-11, 5.00). Hellickson is 2-0 with a 2.13 ERA in four starts against Miami this season. Belgium Jan Vertonghen World Cup Jersey . Fellow centre Pavel Datsyuk remains out because of a concussion. Zetterberg has 11 goals and 19 assists for a team-high 30 points, and Datsyuk has a team-high 12 goals and 11 assists. Belgium Vincent Kompany World Cup Jersey . Sgt. Eric ONeal says most of the arrests at Monday nights game were for public drunkenness, though one person was taken into custody on suspicion of trying to steal a seat from the stadium. http://www.cheapworldcupbelgiumjerseys.com/belgium-michy-batshuayi-world-cup-jersey/ . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Authentic Belgium Jerseys 2018 . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. Belgium Radja Nainggolan World Cup Jersey . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. UPPER ARLINGTON, Ohio -- Joey Sindelar, one of four former Ohio State players in the U.S. Senior Open at Scioto Country Club in suburban Columbus, has felt the support of the hometown crowd all week.It apparently was a big help Friday. The 58-year-old Sindelar shot a 4-under 66 on a hot and humid day to take the second-round lead. He had five birdies, including two in a row after a bogey on No. 5. After finishing the first round with a 69, he was at 5 under overall.Ive never been unconvinced that that many people in your corner, as the four of us have witnessed this week, cannot somehow kind of talk you into what might happen, Sindelar said.His highlight was a 40-foot birdie putt on the par-3 17th, after pars on the six previous holes.Im seeing the line very well, and I seem to be able to hit the ball where Im looking, and so far its been a fun week with the putter, said Sindelar, whose best finish in a senior event was a second in 2009.Billy Mayfair, making his first senior start after turning 50 last Saturday, was a stroke back after a 67. He had four birdies and a bogey.Any time you put the words USGA in front of a tournament, first of all, theyre going to be the best venues youre ever going to find, and theyre going to be set up very difficult, Mayfair said. Youve got to drive the ball well. Youve got to hit good, smart iron shots, and youve got to position the ball on the green really well. Usually, thats below the hole.dddddddddddd The greens will get firmer and firmer.First-round leader Vijay Singh followed his opening 66 with a 75 to drop into a tie for eighth at 1 over.I didnt hit that many fairways, Singh said. It was a lot windier today. I got some bad breaks, didnt putt as well. But all in all, I managed. I didnt play as bad as what the score reads.Defending champion Jeff Maggert also was 1 over after a 71. He won last year at Del Paso in California.Sindelar said stamina has been factor for the 50-and-over players in the blistering heat and high humidity. For one thing, Sindelar said he also had trouble keeping his hands dry on the club. The conditions also have worked in their favor, with the course playing hard and fast.Some of us have aged way different than others, he said. Im extremely arthritic so the heat is good for me. It keeps me loose so Im kind of enjoying it. But, boy, at night were cramping no matter how much you drink. Everybody got beat down a little. Its just tough physically to go through that out there.John Daly had an 81 to miss the cut. He had three double bogeys, six bogeys and a birdie.Bernhard Langer was tied for 23rd at 3 over after a 70.Because of the threat of rain Saturday, the players will play in threesomes starting at about 7:30 a.m. Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen