Image and video hosting by TinyPic

HUMBLE, Texas -- Matt Jones told his caddy he was about to make a 42-yard chip-in on the first playoff hole at the Houston Open

in
Member-Bereich
07.11.2019 07:51
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

HUMBLE, Texas -- Matt Jones told his caddy he was about to make a 42-yard chip-in on the first playoff hole at the Houston Open. Nike Air Max Clearance Canada . The Australian did just that on Sunday, earning his first PGA Tour win in spectacular fashion -- and changing his immediate travel plans in the process. Jones, who began the day six shots off the lead, shot a final-round 66 and ended the tournament 15 under to earn his first trip to the Masters with the dramatic win over Matt Kuchar. He earned nearly $1.2 million for the win, also making amends for a disastrous missed putt last September that appeared destined to keep him from playing at Augusta National. Destiny, however, had other plans for the 33-year-old who played collegiately at Arizona State. "Going to Augusta is amazing," Jones said. "The win means everything to me right now because thats what we play for is to win. To have Augusta as a reward for that win is amazing." In September, Jones lipped out an 8-foot birdie putt on the last hole of the BMW Championship -- a putt that would have earned him a trip to next weeks Masters by sending him to the Tour Championship. Graham DeLaet of Weyburn, Sask., was the top Canadian. He shot a final round of 2-under 70 to finish the tournament tied for 19th at 5 under. Calgarys Stephen Ames was the only other Canadian to make the cut. He shot 4-over 76 Sunday and finished tied for 74th. After briefly tying Kuchar in the middle of the round on Sunday, Jones chances at redemption for last year appeared finished after he bogeyed the next-to-last hole in regulation. The setback left Jones at 14 under, two shots back of Kuchar. However, Jones -- in the first of his two memorable moments on the 18th -- rolled in a 46-foot putt for birdie. That pulled the Australian within one shot of Kuchar, who was watching his closest challenger from the tee. "I was going to three-putt before I left it short," Jones said. "I didnt care about finishing second or third or fourth; it didnt matter. I was only trying to get the win." Kuchar went on to bogey the final hole of regulation after sending his second shot into the water. That set the stage for the playoff in the soggy conditions at the Golf Club of Houston. Jones sent his tee shot on the first hole of the playoff into the right fairway bunker. He then landed just short of the greenside bunker with his second shot, while Kuchar found the bunker from the fairway. It was the second straight miss of the 18th green from the fairway for Kuchar, who sent his fairway metal on the 72nd hole into the water before recovering to make bogey and reach the playoff. Jones didnt leave Kuchar any room for error in the playoff, sending his chip over the greenside bunker and watching as it rolled in -- causing a roar from the gallery and leaving Jones standing with his arm raised in celebration. "I walked up there and told my caddy I was going to chip it in," Jones said. "... You dont know if its going to lip out, low or high, but when I saw it disappear its probably the happiest Ive been on the golf course." Jones is the second straight Australian to win on the PGA Tour, following Steven Bowditchs win at the Texas Open last week. It was in San Antonio that Kuchar struggled to a final-round 75 while playing in the final pairing with Bowditch. The American began Sunday with a four-shot lead over Sergio Garcia and Cameron Tringale, but he bogeyed the first hole on his way to a disappointing even-par 72 and bitter ending. Kuchar had a chance to match Jones chip-in, but his bunker shot came up short. "Certainly fantastic stuff (by Jones) to birdie 18 twice," Kuchar said. "Thats probably the hardest hole on the golf course, and for him to put two 3s is pretty impressive stuff." Golfers were sent off in threesomes early Sunday morning for the second day in a row because of the threat of strong storms in the Houston area. The rain, heavy at times, began early during the final pairings round, but the pros finished without any delays. The playoff opening was all that was need for Jones, whose previous best finish on the PGA Tour was a tie for second at last years Greenbrier Classic. It also resulted in an unexpected visit to next weeks Masters, a tournament Jones said he wouldnt visit unless he earned his way there. "I was going home to play with my 2-year-old and 3-week-old," Jones said. "So, bit of a change now that I think theyll be on a plane to Augusta as well. Weve got to find a house." Garcia finished in third at 13 under, while Tringale was fourth at 12 under. Rory McIlroy matched the low round of the tournament with a 7-under 65 on Sunday, finishing tied for seventh at 8 under overall. Phil Mickelson, who won the tournament in 2011, was 1 under on Sunday and finished 7 under overall in a tie for 12th -- a week after he was forced to withdraw from the Texas Open because of a muscle pull in his right side. Nike Air Max 2020 Canada . Cincinnati has lost back-to-back games in overtime, wasting a chance to take a commanding lead in their division. Nike Air Max Canada Replica . I kind of got a taste of being able to pick a suit with the draft lottery, I went with the bow tie. http://www.clearanceairmaxcanada.com/air-max-flair-canada-sale.html . 15 in Hamburg. The fight was originally slated for Sept. 6 but had to be postponed after Klitschko tore a bicep in sparring and was forced to miss four weeks of training.INDIANAPOLIS -- James Hinchcliffes tough IndyCar start is getting more clouded. E.J. Viso replaced the injured Canadian on Sunday in the opening practice for the Indianapolis 500 and its still unclear when the popular Hinchcliffe will turn his first laps on the famed 2.5-mile oval. Hinchcliffe, from Oakville, Ont., was injured Saturday in the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis when debris from Justin Wilsons car flew into the cockpit, striking Hinchcliffe in the head. He was taken away from the track on a stretcher, transported to a hospital and diagnosed with a concussion. He was hoping to be re-examined Sunday, but that never happened and now hes out until at least Tuesday. "Well have a better feeling then," team owner Michael Andretti said. "They just said rest and they dont want to see him again until Tuesday." Later, the team issued a statement saying that exam date has been scheduled. Traditionally, IndyCar drivers with concussions have missed a minimum of seven days off before being cleared to race. But series officials issued a statement Sunday night, saying concussions are handled on a case-by-case basis and that drivers with head injuries must pass an ImPACT test before theyre cleared to compete by series medical director Dr. Michael Olinger. If Olinger adheres to the strict timeline, though, Hinchcliffe would miss the only full week of Indy practice and might not be back in the No. 27 Honda until next weekend when the only two qualifying sessions will be held. Andretti brought in Viso, who hadnt even been in an IndyCar this season until completing 28 laps Sunday. Even Viso isnt sure what to expect next. He finished sixth on the speed charts with a fast lap of 222.105 mph. Twenty-four cars made it onto the track. Australias Will Power, who drives for Roger Penske, was the fastest of the 24 cars at 223.057 mph. Viso said he is pprepared to do whatever Andrettis team needs -- even if that means replacing Hinchcliffe for qualifying or in the May 25 race. Nike Air Max Zero Canada. "Its too early to know. It just happened yesterday and nobody knows how hes going to recover. It 100 per cent comes down to his recovery," the Venezuelan said. "First of all, I just wish James a quick recovery. If he takes a little bit longer and Im able to drive and do the job for him Im, of course, not disappointed with that. But for me, the most important thing is to understand that hes recovering fast." He has made six straight starts in the 500, including a career best fourth last year. Viso finished 18th in 2013, matching his best career finish at Indy. The team said Hinchcliffe did make a brief appearance at the track to meet with his crew and have lunch with his family. He also spoke briefly with Viso but did not take questions from reporters. For the popular Canadian driver, its already been a challenging season. He started second at Long Beach and Barber but has not finished higher than seventh in any of this seasons four races. He qualified 11th for Saturdays race, then wound up 20th after leaving with the head injury. In Hinchcliffes three previous IndyCar seasons, hes had 14 top-five finishes in 50 starts and won three races -- with all three coming last season. What everyone wants to know now is whether hell get a chance at a third straight top-nine qualifying run at Indianapolis? "He seems in good shape and hes going to recover fast," Viso said. Andretti Autosport has five cars, including NASCARs Kurt Busch, trying to qualify for the May 25 race. Ryan Hunter-Reay had the fastest car of the bunch, turning a lap of 222.134 on Sunday. Busch, who is trying to become the fourth driver to race 1,100 miles in one day, at Indianapolis and Charlotte, was 12th at 220.352. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen