Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LOS ANGELES -- The Clippers expected theyd be better once Chris Paul returned to the lineup. [url=https://www.nbachinajerseys.u

in
Member-Bereich
07.11.2019 07:52
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- The Clippers expected theyd be better once Chris Paul returned to the lineup. Wholesale NBA Jerseys . They just probably couldnt have imagined how much. Blake Griffin had 26 points, 11 rebounds and six assists Sunday night as Los Angeles stormed out to a 31-point lead in the first quarter with its All-Star point guard back on the court and pummeled the Philadelphia 76ers 123-78. "It felt great just to play. You never know what its going to be like until you actually get out there and compete," Paul said. "A lot of things go through your mind out there, especially when you come back because you want to make sure youre not too tired and not trying too hard. But at the same time, weve been playing extremely well and I didnt want to break up our rhythm." Jamal Crawford scored 21 for the defending Pacific Division champions, who were 12-6 while Paul was sidelined with a right shoulder he separated Jan. 3 at Dallas. The seven-time All-Star point guard showed no signs of rust, getting seven points and eight assists in 23 minutes. "He set the tone," Crawford said. "The energy from when he was introduced, to the level of play that he brings, it makes everybody better." DeAndre Jordan had 20 rebounds and 10 points, helping Los Angeles increase its division lead over idle Phoenix to four games. The 45-point margin of victory was the largest for the Clippers franchise. The previous record was 39, set in a 121-82 win over Chicago on Nov. 24 at Staples Center. "Thats an intense, defensive-oriented athletic type of team. We ran into a buzz saw and we got jumped early," Sixers coach Brett Brown said. "What an incredible opportunity for a young point guard like Michael Carter-Williams to see Chris Paul play and to play against him." Carter-Williams, who leads all rookies in scoring, rebounding and assists per game, finished with 14 points, five assists and seven boards in 34 1/2 minutes. Tony Wroten scored 21 points off the bench for the 76ers, losers of six straight and 13 of 16. Center Spencer Hawes missed all eight shots in 23 scoreless minutes and had just two rebounds. Pauls return provided an instant spark, as the Clippers opened the game with a 13-0 run that included a pair of 3-pointers by Crawford off Philadelphia turnovers. They widened the gap to 30-5 while the 76ers missed 17 of their first 19 shots. Griffin limped to the dressing room with a bruised left shin after Wroten fell into him on a foul by Jordan with less 3 minutes left in the opening period. But the four-time All-Star returned to the bench before the teams highest-scoring quarter of the season ended, and Willie Green put an exclamation point on it with a 3 from the left corner to give Los Angeles a 46-15 cushion. Griffin and teammate Antawn Jamison shared a laugh on the bench as Wroten went to the foul line, trying to cut into a 54-17 deficit about 3 minutes into the second quarter. By then, it hardly seemed to matter to the sellout crowd that Clippers starting forward J.J. Redick missed his third straight game with a sore right hip. It was a laugher the whole way. "Our defence really set the tone," Crawford said. "When were covering for each other like that and playing together, it makes it tough on other teams and kind of breaks their rhythm." Griffin showed no hint of any ankle issues after his mishap -- particularly during a Showtime-like sequence in the second quarter. Paul went in alone on a fast break with Griffin trailing the play, then bounced the ball off the glass and Griffin sent the crowd into a frenzy with the first of back-to-back windmill dunks 27 seconds apart. That made it 60-21 with 4:46 left in the first half. "I think our guys have tried that in a one-point game. Thats the problem," coach Doc Rivers said. "But thats who they are, and I dont want to take the joy away -- as long as theres no turnovers with it." Philadelphia never challenged after the Clippers built a 69-30 halftime lead. Crawfords 15-footer gave them their biggest margin, 89-33, with 6:01 left in the third quarter. It was 100-51 going into the fourth. Before Sunday, the Clippers had never beaten Philadelphia by more than 29 points since the franchises first played in 1970-71. NOTES: The Clippers shot 56.2 per cent and the Sixers 27.0 -- going 3 for 28 from 3-point range. ... The Clippers are 10-1 against teams that are currently in last place in their respective divisions. The only blemish was a 98-80 loss at Orlando on Nov. 6. NBA Jerseys Store .com) - Jeff Teague had 25 points, eight rebounds and seven assists as the Atlanta Hawks defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 90-85 on Saturday night. Discount NBA Jerseys . The motion to expand the stadiums capacity passed through by a count of 39-3, with Toronto mayor Rob Ford being among those in opposition. https://www.nbachinajerseys.us/ . The first of the three games will be played in Week 4, when the Oakland Raiders will take on the Miami Dolphins on Sept.WASHINGTON -- After scoring twice in his return from a shoulder injury, Alex Ovechkin supplied the assist on Tom Wilsons first NHL goal. After the game, he stunned the 19-year-old rookie mid-interview with a red pillow smothered with blue shaving cream right in the face. "Ohhh! My eyes!" said Wilson, who doubled over and had to retreat from the locker room to the shower room to get a towel and get the sting out. Wilson returned moments later to discuss his role in the Capitals 6-2 win Tuesday night over the New York Islanders. It is hard to overshadow Ovechkin, but Wilson gave it his best shot with his first assist, first goal and first wise decision to pass up a fight against Matt Carkner, who was baiting the youngster in the games final minutes. "He kind of joked around that he was trying to get me the Gordie Howe (hat trick), but I dont think my first Goldie Howe would want to be against him -- hes a pretty tough character," said Wilson, who kept pausing between answers to put his hand to his burning eyes. Ovechkin was obviously happy for Wilson, but the three-time NHL MVP was also all smiles about his own performance. After being sidelined for two games, he scored twice on the power play in a five-goal second period for the Capitals, who have won three straight and are above .500 for the first time this season (8-7). "I felt pretty refreshed out there," said Ovechkin, who has 12 goals this season. "Of course I had a few days off, had a couple of breaks, but I feel pretty good." John Carlson, Marcus Johansson and Alexander Urbom also scored for the Capitals, who went 4 for 6 on the power play. Niccklas Backstrom had three assists, and Braden Holtby made 34 saves. Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys. John Tavares and Kyle Okposo scored for the Islanders, who had won two in a row. Evgeni Nabokov had 33 saves. "Our special teams werent very good. Our PK has to be better," Tavares said. "If we want to give those guys, 8 (Ovechkin) and 19 (Backstrom), those easy plays in front of the net, its going to make a tough night on our goaltender, and we hung him out to dry." Ovechkin was hurt last week when he crashed headfirst into the goalie and net in the first period of a loss at Vancouver. The Capitals won twice without him -- including a 7-0 rout of the Philadelphia Flyers -- and have scored 16 goals in three games. "That had a little bit of a look like last year to me," said Washington coach Adam Oates, recalling the teams late surge that put the Capitals in the playoffs. "A lot of good things." The Capitals were in control enough for Oates to give Wilson a rare appearance on the power play in the third period. Ovechkin fed Wilson in the slot with a pass that made it look as if the two had been playing together for longer than just a couple of months. "Pretty cool to have him pass me that first one," Wilson said. Even it meant his eyes would be stinging for a while. NOTES: Washington has outscored opponents 26-13 in the second period this season. ... Wilson got his first NHL point with the primary assist on Urboms goal. ... The loss opened a four-game road trip for the Islanders. ... Thomas Vanek, in his fourth game since being acquired in a trade from Buffalo, led the Islanders with seven shots. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen