Image and video hosting by TinyPic

NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony kept losing the ball all night long, and now the New York Knicks have lost their hold on eighth pla

in
Member-Bereich
09.11.2019 06:27
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony kept losing the ball all night long, and now the New York Knicks have lost their hold on eighth place in the Eastern Conference playoff race. Adidas NMD Pharrell Williams Human Race Yellow . Anthony committed nine turnovers and Bradley Beal made another big shot at Madison Square Garden, a go-ahead jumper over Tyson Chandler with 6.9 seconds left as the Washington Wizards beat the Knicks 90-89 on Friday night. Beals jumper quieted the Garden crowd just as he did back on Dec. 16, when he beat the Knicks for a go-ahead layup. "Its pretty cool, I guess", Washingtons second-year guard said. "For them to go silent, thats kind of, Wow." John Wall, who added 19 points, combined with Beal for Washingtons final 12 to dampen New Yorks playoffs hopes. Anthony was favouring an ailing right shoulder he said he initially banged up during the win against Brooklyn on Wednesday. He felt it go out during the first half but decided to keep playing. He lost control of the ball as he tried to go left into the lane on New Yorks last possession, but J.R. Smith, who as of late has recaptured the form that earned him last years Sixth Man of the Year award, recovered it but missed a potential winning 3-pointer with 2.2 seconds left. Smith finished with a season-high 32 points. "I felt like I lost the ball," Anthony said. "It was a tough loss, man. I wish I could have did better and played better. For the most part I thought my teammates did what they had to do. J.R. had a phenomenal game. I wish I could have rewarded that." The Knicks announced after the game that Anthony strained his right shoulder but X-rays were negative. He said he expects to play Sunday against the Miami Heat. New York dropped out of the final playoff position just two nights after moving into it by beating the Nets. Struggling Atlanta went back ahead by one game after beating the Cleveland Cavaliers earlier Friday. Smith would have liked to have had the chance to take the initial shot. "Yeah, no matter who that is, I always want the last shot. Its something Ive never been shy about", Smith said. Anthony, held to 10 points, made a jumper to cut the Wizards lead to 88-86 lead with 1:33 remaining. After Wall missed a long shot in front of the arc at the top of the key, Anthony tried to connect with Tim Hardaway Jr., who was open near the Washington bench for a 3, but Martell Webster intercepted Anthonys pass. The Knicks got the ball back after Wall lost control of it as he drove to the basket. With 33.5 seconds left, Anthony then found an open Raymond Felton for a 3-pointer to give the Knicks an 89-86 lead, but Beal answered with his jumper over Chandler, who had come out to help. It was the second straight win for Washington, which clinched its first playoff since 2008 on Wednesday. "Our defence was pretty good but Trevors (Ariza) defence on Carmelo was outstanding", Wizards coach Randy Wittman said. "Trevor fought and fought him. At the end we decided to trap him and make someone else beat us." The Knicks couldnt and now they will face a tough challenge Sunday when they travel to face the Miami Heat, who have already beaten them twice this season. The Knicks have five remaining games, three on the road, against three teams that are all playoff-bound in the East. New York cant afford to have its leading scorer out. "Well I knew it was bothering him, but you know weve got to have Melo on the floor," Woodson said. "Again, it was a hard-fought game. Our guys came up defeated, so now we have to figure out how were going to get it back because ... Atlanta won tonight." Notes: Former Buffalo Bills quarterback and Hall of Famer Jim Kelly attended the game with his family. Kelly, who is battling his second bought with cancer, will undergo treatment next week at a hospital in the city. ... Before the game, the Knicks honoured Anthony with a plaque to celebrate his 62-point, Madison Square Garden record, set Jan. 24. Adidas NMD Wolf Grey . - Bryan Price sat down in the cushy chair. Wholesale NMD . Buffalos defensive co-ordinator had his second interview with Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner on Tuesday night, a person familiar with the Browns plans told The Associated Press. http://www.cheapnmdonline.com/wholesale-adidas-nmd-r2-china.html . After two months of mediocrity, perhaps the Washington Nationals have turned the page. Strasburg struck out 11 in seven innings Wednesday night and the Nationals kept the Philadelphia Phillies bats quiet yet again in an 8-4, rain-interrupted win.NEW YORK, N.Y. - While Madison Square Garden was buzzing Friday night, so was Kobe Bryants phone. Carmelo Anthony was on his way to a 62-point night, moving past Bryants total of 61 that had stood for nearly five years as the record in the building. And plenty of people wanted to make sure Bryant knew. "I got a lot of messages from people saying Melos going after your record tonight," Bryant said. "Its amazing. He went to work. He got hot and didnt cool off." Bryant wasnt able to play when the Lakers returned to the building on Sunday, still recovering from a broken left knee. He said he had called Anthony, his friend and teammate on the last two U.S. Olympic teams, on Friday night to congratulate him. Bryant said that having the arenas record wasnt particularly important to him, but did stress how much the building meant. "This is the Mecca of basketball. Theres so much history here in the culture of the game, what this building means. This is the last one left in terms of all the history," Bryant said, naming former Knicks such as Willis Reed and Walt Frazier. "This is the last building left that carries that history with it." Anthony will have to decide this summer iff he wants to keep playing in it. Adidas NMD Mens Clearance. He intends to become a free agent, and the Lakers are frequently mentioned as a potential destination if he decides to leave. "New Yorks a beautiful place, dont get me wrong," Bryant said. "Palm trees and beaches, obviously a little bit more appealing." If Anthony does decide to stay, Bryant hinted that he may need to make it clear to the Knicks that he wont stand for losing. Thats what Bryant did when the Lakers had fallen from championship contention to barely playoff contention from 2005-07. "I think from a psychological perspective, as a player you dont want to get too frustrated about things you cant control, you know what I mean? So you have to find that balance," Bryant said. "At the same time, its important for the organization to understand the level of competitiveness that you have, that you wont tolerate having a team thats not in contention for an NBA championship, which is what I did. You rub a lot of people the wrong way, but sometimes youve got to kick down a few doors and (tick) some people off and trust that itll pay off in the long run. And if youre willing to do that, more times than not youll be OK." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen