Image and video hosting by TinyPic

e Indigenous community, at all.I cant stand it, Williams told ES

in
Über uns
22.05.2018 07:12
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

CHESTER, Pa. -- Mike Magee scored his league-leading 14th goal in the 75th minute to lift the Chicago Fire over the Philadelphia Union 2-1 on Saturday. Magee scored a goal in his third straight game and has eight goals in 10 games since coming to the Fire from the L.A. Galaxy. Patrick Nyarko also added a goal and an assist for the Fire, who improved to 8-9-4. Chicago is 2-0-1 in its past three games and got even for two previous losses to the Union this season. Nyarkos goal in the ninth minute gave the Fire a 1-0 lead. Sheanon Williams tied the game at 1 in the 60th minute when he finished a cross off a free kick by Sebastien Le Toux. It was Le Touxs league-best 10th assist. The Union had been 2-0-1 in their previous three games. They fell to 5-3-4 at home and 9-7-7 overall. Chicago improved to 4-5-1 against the Union. Cheap Mexico Jerseys . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. Stitched Mexico Soccer Jerseys .ca. Kerry, Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count? All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. http://www.wholesalemexicojerseys.com/ .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. Wholesale Mexico National Football Team Jerseys . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brooklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. Cheap Mexico Jerseys China . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said. Colin Kaepernick and Joe Williams live half a world apart but they stand side by side when it comes to racial injustice.NFL star Kaepernick has attracted worldwide headlines for his silent protests about what he believes is the oppression of black people in the U.S, while Williams, a former professional rugby league player and boxer, has been a long-serving campaigner on similar issues for Indigenous Australians.Kaepernicks decision to kneel during the American national anthem has divided opinion across the world; some have praised him for having the courage of his convictions while many others have slammed him for adding further strain to a nation already on edge.Williams leaves no doubt that he is firmly in support of Kaepernick, and he recently called on Indigenous NRL players to follow the Americans lead by kneeling during future renditions of Australias anthem. Williams said to ESPN, however, that the message would be much more powerful if it were delivered by a white player.The non-indigenous people over in the States that are taking a knee need to be applauded, and it would mean more for a white person to take a knee here in the NRL, Williams told ESPN.People ask me why is it that I want the black people to kneel down during the anthem, but I want the white people to kneel down, too.Kaepernicks actions are being played out in front of a worldwide audience, but he is by no means a pioneer when it comes to this type of protest; Williams refused to stand for Advance Australia Fair 20 months before Kaepernick first started his protest.Willims survived a suicide attempt in 2011, since then he has used his experience to carve out a successful career as a youth worker and motivational speaker. His efforts were recognised with a Citizen of the Year Award in his home town of Wagga Wagga in the New South Wales Riverina region, but its never been personal recognition that Williamms craves; rather, he seeks the recognition of his people, Indigenous Australians, and hence he refused to stand for the national anthem during the Australia Day award ceremony on Jan.dddddddddddd 26, 2015 because the anthem doesnt represent us, the Indigenous community, at all.I cant stand it, Williams told ESPN.It reminds me of bloodshed -- rape, torture, bloodshed and the loss of innocent lives.Why do you think I called on the NRL players to do it?When I did it, I was seen as a disgruntled little black boy; but if the NRL boys did it then theyd be disgruntled black boys on a national stage.Kaepernicks doing his protest on a much bigger scale so whats saying our rugby league players cant do it, or our AFL players cant do it?Williams believes Australia has a long way to go before it can genuinely claim to be free of racism, but he did acknowledge that the nation is slowly changing for the better.The 33-year-old revealed that he was target of several racial slurs little more than a decade ago during his NRL career at South Sydney, Canterbury and Penrith, although he accepts the taunts werent intended as anything other than harmless fun.He acknowledges those days are gone but points out that a number of incidents at sporting events over the past few years are evidence that an ignorant element continues to lurk within the fabric of Australian society.You only have to look at the Adam Goodes incident, Williams told ESPN.Its disappointing but its expected because Australias a racist country.Dane Gagai was also racially slurred during a Newcastle NRL game earlier this year.My friend heard that from another bay away; there wouldve been at least 30 people that heard it very close to them that didnt do anything about it.What you ignore is what you accept. China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen