Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LONDON -- Carl Froch knocked out British rival George Groves in the eighth round to retain his WBA and IBF super-middleweight t

in
Member-Bereich
19.11.2019 08:54
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

LONDON -- Carl Froch knocked out British rival George Groves in the eighth round to retain his WBA and IBF super-middleweight titles in a rematch in front of 80,000 fans at Wembley Stadium on Saturday. Talen Horton-Tucker Jersey . Froch floored Groves with a huge right hook with about 30 seconds remaining in the round, with the referee immediately stopping one of most hyped fights in the countrys boxing history. He improved to 33-2, with 24 knockouts. "This is the greatest moment of my boxing career," Froch said. "Its the biggest event Ive been involved in." Groves (19-2, 15 KOs) had started slower but grew into the fight, only to be knocked down with Frochs biggest punch of the bout. "I feel like I let myself down," said Groves, who had vowed to send Froch into retirement with a victory. "Fair play, he got me with the punch." The rematch was ordered by the IBF after Frochs win in a controversial first fight in Manchester in November, when the referee stepped in too soon with Groves wobbling on his feet. This time, there were no complaints from Groves, who required treatment in his corner before going to congratulate Froch -- showing the bad blood between the pair that had dominated the build-up was over. The rematch was not as exciting as the first fight, with both boxers more restrained and seemingly intent on lasting the full distance. Froch -- arguably Britains top boxer for the last five years -- dominated the centre of the ring but only first connected with a left hand in the third round that rocked back Groves. Frochs punches were generally ragged and he walked into some punches by Groves in the sixth and seventh rounds. The ending was conclusive, though, with Froch swinging initially with his left and following it up with a massive right that left Groves in a heap on the canvas. "It was neck and neck, there was nothing in it," said Froch, who wants to crown his career with a fight in Las Vegas. "One punch was all the difference." The fight captured the public imagination, and was considered the biggest grudge match in British boxing since the days of the Nigel Benn-Chris Eubank rivalry in the early 1990s. Troy Daniels Lakers Jersey . Ending a nine-game losing streak? That gave the Milwaukee Bucks veteran forward a reason to smile. Alex Caruso Lakers Jersey . Here is a look at all the moves through the first week of NHL Free Agency. The most significant deals will get the full Numbers Game column treatment, like these:Briere-for-Parenteau trade. https://www.lakersjerseycheap.com/1041j-connie-hawkins-jersey-lakers.html . The league-leading New York Rangers outhit and outmuscled the Maple Leafs during a 3-0 victory on Saturday. Backup goalie Martin Biron stopped all 20 shots he faced to complete a nice workmanlike effort by the visitors. TSN 690 has you covered with extensive coverage of the 2014 NHL Draft, as the 690 crew will be live on location from Philadelphia. Coverage kicks off on Thursday with the voice of the Montreal Canadiens on TSN 690 John Bartlett, along with Mitch Gallo and Conor McKenna bringingg you the Canadiens NHL Draft press briefing. Derek Fisher Lakers Jersey. First round coverage of the draft commences Friday at 6pm live from the floor of the Wells Fargo Center and continues on Saturday with a special broadcast of rounds two through seven beginning at 10am. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen