Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AUSTIN, Texas - Race by race and point by point, Lewis Hamilton is tightening his grip on the Formula One world championship an

in
Member-Bereich
20.11.2019 08:37
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

AUSTIN, Texas - Race by race and point by point, Lewis Hamilton is tightening his grip on the Formula One world championship and squeezing out Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg. Rajon Rondo Lakers Jersey .But not so far as to eliminate his rival as a title threat. Not yet.Hamilton won the U.S. Grand Prix on Sunday, moving 24 points clear of Rosberg with just two races left. It was Hamiltons second win in Texas in three years, his 10th on the season and fifth in a row.This whole season has been incredible, Hamilton said after playfully taking former world champion Mario Andrettis black Stetson cowboy hat on the winners podium. I pushed as hard as I could.Mercedes had another 1-2 finish in a dominating season that has pushed Hamilton and Rosberg well clear of the pack in the title chase. Red Bulls Daniel Ricciardo was third for his eighth podium finish on the season.Rosberg could still find a way to steal the title from Hamilton. Formula One moves to Brazil next weekend and the final race in Abu Dhabi will be worth double points in a rule change this season.Full attack, Rosberg said. Well try to be on the pole and win (in Brazil). Theres a lot of points to be had.Hamilton said aggressive driving got him this far and he wont try to dial it back over the final two races.Were hunting for those points. So far, Ive done what Ive needed to do. I should continue to do the same, Hamilton said.Hamiltons victory also was career win No. 32, which passed Nigel Mansell for the most Formula One victories by a British driver. Hamilton won the world title in 2008 with McLaren.The Mercedes drivers have waged a season-long duel for the title, a tense back-and-forth that has strained their long friendship, and Sundays race was more of the same.Rosberg started from pole position and Hamilton chased him for 23 laps, steadily keeping up the pressure and slowing gaining on him. Hamilton finally made his move on lap 24, squeezing inside Rosbergs left on the tight 12th turn out of the long straightaway.It was the same spot and a similar move to Hamiltons pass of Red Bulls Sebastian Vettel that propelled him to the victory here in 2012.There wasnt a place in the race where I didnt think I would catch him, Hamilton said. Its such a great feeling to have a race like that.Dropped into second, Rosberg couldnt keep up and Hamilton put more time between their cars with every lap. Hamilton had the more muscular car through the weeks practice sessions, but lost the pole position because of braking problems that dogged his session.After taking the lead, Hamilton quickly built a gap of more than 2.5 seconds. Rosberg tried to claw back but didnt have enough race left to do it. By the final laps, the biggest challenge for Hamilton was not getting caught up or wrecked by other drivers battling for final position.I knew there was a chance he would try. I went halfway defensive, on the pass, Rosberg said. Later I started to find better rhythm, but it was just way too late.Vettel, the defending race and world champion, started from pit lane after incurring a penalty for using his sixth engine of the season. He fought all the way back to finish seventh.Vettel has been surpassed within Red Bull this season by Ricciardo, who has won three times. Vettel is leaving Red Bull at the end of the season, but has yet to confirm where hell drive in 2015.Ricciardo was pleased to get another podium finish.As we know Mercedes is a bit out of reach so third, I think third is the best we could do today, Ricciardo said.The race started with just 18 cars, the smallest field in nearly a decade after financial problems forced teams Marussia and Caterham to drop out.Saturdays practice and qualifying was dominated by speculation that three more struggling teams, Lotus, Sauber and Sahara Force India, could stage a protest by either boycotting the race or pulling out after one lap. Neither threat materialized.The race went under safety car on the first lap when Force Indias Sergio Perez collided with Saubers Adrian Sutil, knocking both drivers out. The crash was a major blow for Sauber, which hoped to capitalize on Sutils first top-10 qualifying position of the season.He completely hit me. He ruined the race and I had to stop. My car was completely broken, Sutil said.Force India then lost its second car when Nico Hulkenberg retired in the 17th lap. Talen Horton-Tucker Jersey . Watch the game live on TSN and TSN GO at 9pm et/6pm pt. Serge Ibaka returned to the Thunder lineup from a calf injury that was supposed to sideline him for the remainder of the postseason and the results were sparkling. Ron Artest Jersey . According to a report from ESPN, the veteran safety has signed another one-year deal with the team Raiders, the team that drafted him, and who he returned to last year after a long stint with the Green Bay Packers. https://www.lakersjerseycheap.com/1681j-gary-payton-jersey-lakers.html . Redden played a total of 1,023 regular-season games with Ottawa, the New York Rangers, St. Louis and Boston. He finished with 457 points (109 goals, 348 assists) and a plus-160 rating over his career. NEW YORK -- Make no mistake about it: Sean Doolittle and the Oakland Athletics are enjoying these wins over the skidding New York Yankees. Yoenis Cespedes homered twice, Josh Donaldson hit a tiebreaking shot in the seventh inning and Oakland overcame a four-run deficit to beat the Yankees 7-4 Wednesday night for its fifth straight victory. The highest-scoring team in the majors this season, the As will go for a three-game sweep Thursday afternoon. They are 12-3 against New York since July 19, 2012. "I think theres the sense of the way we play that we have something to prove," said Doolittle, who earned his seventh save. "Weve got a little bit of a chip on our shoulder, small-market team, and we dont get a ton of national publicity. And when we get a chance to play against the Yankees on a big stage in their ballpark, guys step up." Donaldson connected off Jose Ramirez, who was making his major league debut, and added a pair of infield singles. Cespedes also had three hits to help the As move a season-best 15 games over .500 at 37-22, the best mark in the American League. "We never give up," Cespedes said through a translator. Jacoby Ellsbury had three hits, including an early three-run homer, but the Yankees matched a season worst with their fourth consecutive defeat. Theyve been outscored 21-0 from the seventh inning on during the slide. Derek Jeter made a costly error and New York dropped to 1-5 on a seven-game homestand with its 12th loss in the last 16 at Yankee Stadium. Jesse Chavez (5-3) hung around for six innings, long enough to get the win when his teammates rallied. Dan Otero got Brian McCann on a weak grounder with runners at the corners to protect a one-run lead in the seventh. Otero also worked a scoreless eighth and Doolittle got three quick outs to extend his career-best shutout streak to 16 1-3 innings. "Our bullpen down there is so deep and so well-rounded out that we really dont have a hole," Chavez said. "The guys come in and they attack, and I think thats why theyre so good in those situations." Cespedes started Oaklands comeback with a leadoff homer to centre in the fourth. Jed Lowrie hit a deep sacrifice fly in the fifth, and Yankees starter Vidal Nuno was pulled one out shy of qualifying for a win. Mitch Richmond Lakers Jersey. He left with a 4-2 lead after 92 pitches. Cespedes hit another leadoff shot in the sixth, this one off Matt Daley barely clearing the short porch in right. Derek Norris reached on Jeters throwing error from shortstop and scored the tying run on Alberto Callaspos long sacrifice fly. "We had our chances to add on and we werent able to do it," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "The guys are doing everything they can, but right now we just arent getting it done." Just called up from the minors, Ramirez (0-1) entered in the seventh. He retired his first batter but then gave up Donaldsons 16th homer on his fifth major league pitch. The drive to left field gave the As a 5-4 advantage. "I was a little nervous," Ramirez said through a translator. "I wasnt really thinking about pitching tonight but I knew the chance would be there because of our bullpen situation." Oakland has gone deep in 12 consecutive games, hitting 22 homers during that span. "Anytime you fall behind 4-0, you dont really expect to win these games even though you might think it," Otero said. "Our offence, its only a matter of time sometimes before they break out, and they showed it tonight again." The AL West leaders added two insurance runs in the ninth on a hit batter and a sacrifice fly against Wade LeBlanc in his Yankees debut. Craig Gentry made a sensational catch in left-centre to rob Gardner of at least a double in the first. Moments earlier, Donaldson hit a trickler toward third that stopped rolling right on the line just inches from the bag. The slugger clapped his hands emphatically at first base, drawing chuckles from teammates in the dugout. "That ball didnt even get to third base," he said. "Its just one of those things where you really appreciate a hit like that." NOTES: Gentry started in place of CF Coco Crisp, given a night off to rest his nagging neck. ... Oakland has the best road record in the majors at 20-10. ... It was Cespedes fourth career multihomer games. The other three came in June last season. ... Yankees DH-OF Alfonso Soriano, hitless in 16 at-bats, did not play. ... Masahiro Tanaka (8-1, 2.06 ERA) faces Oakland LHP Drew Pomeranz (5-2, 2.37) in the series finale. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen