Image and video hosting by TinyPic

n excellent player that can break a g

in
Über uns
23.05.2018 14:51
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Two young right-handers only a year apart but at radically different stages of their careers will face each other when the Toronto Blue Jays and the Los Angeles Angels finish their four-game series on Sunday at Angel Stadium.The Blue Jays Marcus Stroman, 25, has become a key member of the rotation in his first full season. The Angels Alex Meyer, 26, is trying to establish a foothold after shoulder injuries nearly short-circuited his career.Their respective teams also face extremely different fates. While the Angels are threatening to lose 90 games for the first time since 1999, the Blue Jays seek their second consecutive playoff spot. The American League Easts defending champions and the Baltimore Orioles hold the two wild-card spots while trailing the first-place Boston Red Sox by three games.Stroman has played a valuable role. The native of Medford, N.Y., leads the Blue Jays with 155 strikeouts and 184 innings pitched, both career highs. Stromans 47 walks are the fewest among Torontos starters.Yet the right-hander lost his previous three starts entering Sundays game. In his last four starts, Stroman has allowed 13 earned runs and 25 hits in 23 innings, with opponents batting .272 against him.In his last appearance Tuesday night, Stroman walked four batters in a game for the first time since June 26. Stroman gave up four runs on six hits, including a three-run home run to Alexei Ramirez, while striking out four in a 6-2 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays.My stuff feels great, Stroman told MLB.com afterward. But were at the point in September where we need to be getting wins, so its frustrating.Yet Stroman has faced far worse. Last year, he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during spring training, but aggressive rehabilitation enabled the right-hander to return to the mound in mid-September and win all four of his regular-season starts, then add a victory over the Kansas City Royals in the American League Championship Series.This year, Stroman lost four of six decisions during a nine-game stretch from May 17 to June 26. He allowed 38 earned runs and 67 hits in 45 1/3 innings while opponents batted .353. But from July 1 through Aug. 21, the right-hander compiled a 3.02 ERA.I definitely dealt with a rough stretch, Stroman told the Toronto Star. But that just showed me how strong I am to get through that on my own, and be able to change my mechanics mid-season and have success. I feel like September is my best month so I feel like Im really gong to turn it on.Meyer, acquired from the Minnesota Twins at the trading deadline, has thrown just 40 innings covering 12 games at four different levels, from the Arizona Rookie League to the American League. In 10 major-league games over the past two seasons, the former first-round draft choice has yet to register a victory.In his last start Tuesday night, Meyer permitted four runs and five hits while throwing 76 pitches in just five innings of an 8-0 loss to the Seattle Mariners.Ive just got to do a better job of mixing in off-speed pitches earlier, Meyer told MLB.com. I tried to do too much fastball, especially when I was behind. Obvious they were jumping all over that and I wasnt able to throw it by anybody tonight. Vapormax Off White Noir . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. Air Max 270 Noir . Hey!" The lower tier of the School End of Queens Park Rangers Loftus Road was packed solid with a very festive-sounding Chelsea choral section in this particular part of South Africa Road London, W12. http://www.chaussuredenikepascher.fr/nike-air-vapormax/nike-vapormax-plus.html . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. Chaussure Nike Pas Cher Femme . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Air Max 2018 Sortie . Supported by three-run homers from Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos, the young right-hander went seven strong innings in the Washington Nationals 8-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings and Vancouver Canucks had one of their better performances in a while on Tuesday night.It resulted in road wins for both teams that snapped winless streaks.After snapping their respective winless skids, the Canucks visit the Red Wings Thursday at Joe Louis Arena.Detroit (7-6-1) recorded a 3-2 shootout victory over the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 to end a five-game winless skid (0-4-1). Three of those defeats were by one goal and three occurred after the Red Wings scored first.Red Wings coach Jeff Blashill called Wednesday nights win the teams most complete game in a long time.As we went into overtime I thought it was important for us to get two points just because I thought we played a pretty good game, he said. We played some games where its kind of gone the other way, so it was good for us to get two points here.Andreas Athanasious breakaway goal in the third period tied the game at 2-2 and he scored the only goal of the shootout. He is tied with Thomas Vanek, Darren Helm and Dylan Larkin for the team lead with four goals.I thought he did a good job staying on it all night, Blashill said. I thought he was engaged all night, I thought he was winning puck battles all night. When hes that, hes a very talented player. When hes competing at that high level this is what you get out of him. Hes an excellent player that can break a game open out of nothing.It was also Detroits first win in Philadelphhia since 1997 (0-11-1), when they beat the Flyers in two games in the Stanley Cup Final.ddddddddddddhe Red Wings outshot the Flyers 35-25 on Tuesday and Jimmy Howard made 23 saves. Tomas Tatar got the other goal.Forward Tyler Bertuzzi made his NHL debut after being recalled from Grand Rapids of the American Hockey League. He was plus-1, with a shot in 9:57of ice time.Bertuzzi is the nephew of former Canuck and Red Wing Todd Bertuzzi.While the Red Wings were stopping their skid, the Canucks ended a nine-game (0-8-1) losing streak with a 5-3 victory over the New York Rangers on Tuesday. The Canucks had been outscored 32-12 during the streak, which followed four straight wins to begin the season.Its a team game so everyone has to chip in, said Canucks left wing Loui Eriksson, who had zero goals in 13 games before Tuesday. I think everyone did that tonight. We knew we were playing a good team.Alexandre Burrows scored twice in the third period for Vancouver. Henrik Sedin and Sven Baertschi each had a goal and an assist for the Canucks, who had 11 players get a point.I thought we played the right way, said Burrows, who had not scored in 10 games. We did a lot of good things defensively at the lines. We pressured a really good team, a fast team, and on the D side, we made some good plays, good reads. Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen