Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ore Thursday -- import receiver

in
Über uns
23.05.2018 14:52
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- Jay Bruce and Robert Gsellman made scoreboard-watching irrelevant for the New York Mets.Bruce homered for the third straight game and drove in three runs, Gsellman threw six sharp innings and the Mets moved closer to securing a wild-card berth with a 5-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday night.The defending NL champions reduced their magic number to one with two games remaining. The Mets began the night atop the wild-card race, with San Francisco one game back and St. Louis two behind.Manager Terry Collins and players in the clubhouse didnt pay any attention to televisions airing the Pirates-Cardinals game. Collins said the team had no plans to celebrate regardless of the outcome in St. Louis.We had to take care of our own business and weve done that and we have to keep doing that, Collins said.Gsellman (4-2) scattered seven hits and struck out seven in another strong performance. The rookie right-hander has allowed only three earned runs in his last four starts.I think Ive done a good job blocking it out, Gsellman said of pitching in a playoff race. Im focusing on having fun and doing what I do.More Mets fans were inside a half-empty ballpark on a wet, chilly night when Ryan Howard began his final series in front of the home crowd. The blue-and-orange faithful screamed Lets Go Mets and their Bruuuuuce chants drowned out boos from Phillies fans.Stuck in a slump for nearly two months since being acquired from Cincinnati, Bruce extended his hitting streak to six games. He finished 3 for 4.I have confidence in myself and I have confidence in my team, Bruce said. I want to contribute and help the team get to the World Series. Its come at the right time.Philadelphia starter Alec Asher (2-1) retired the first 11 batters before he ran into trouble with two outs in the fourth when Yoenis Cespedes and Curtis Granderson hit consecutive singles.Bruce and T.J. Rivera followed with back-to-back RBI singles for a 2-1 lead.Ive pitched like I know I should, Asher said. I just want to carry on next year.Bruce connected in the seventh, sending his 33rd homer the opposite-way to left field. The Mets added two runs, including another RBI single by Bruce.He changes our whole lineup, Collins said. Its nice to have him swinging the bat well. Hopefully he stays hot.Earlier in the inning, Howard let Cespedes infield pop fall untouched near the first-base bag, allowing a runner to score from third.Howard hit a double to deep center his first time up and was 1 for 4. Cameron Rupps sacrifice fly followed Howards double and put the Phillies ahead 1-0.Howard, the 2006 NL MVP, is the last player remaining from the 2008 World Series championship team. The Phillies plan to pay him a $10 million buyout rather than exercise a $25 million option for 2017.STATSBruce is 10 for 20 with four homers and eight RBIS in his last six games. ... Mets are 15-2 after an off day. ... Mets tied a franchise record with 106 homers on the road. They already have a franchise-best 217 homers.TOSSEDPhillies manager Pete Mackanin was ejected for the first time this season in the eighth inning by first baseman umpire Will Little. Mackanin perhaps thought Cespedes swung at an inside pitch from Michael Mariot and was tossed once he walked onto the field.TRAINERS ROOMPhillies: SS Freddy Galvis left the game because of tightness in his right hamstring.LOOKING AHEADMackanin emerged from a long meeting with coaches and front-office executives hopeful the team will add a veteran hitter in the offseason. I would like to get a good solid proven hitter somewhere on the field, he said. Where that is right now will be determined by who is available and what kind of a deal, if any, they could make.UP NEXTRHP Bartolo Colon (14-8, 3.42 ERA) starts for the Mets against RHP Phil Klein (0-1, 8.22) for the Phillies. Colon is 10-5 vs. Philadelphia. Camiseta Oscar Murillo . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. Camiseta William Tesillo . 24 Baylor in a Big 12 clash between teams trending in opposite directions. Andrew Wiggins made 10-of-12 from the foul line and scored 17 for Kansas (14-4, 5-0 Big 12), which capped a stretch of four straight games against ranked opponents unscathed. http://www.camisetacolombiamundial.com/camiseta-roger-martinez.html . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. Camiseta Abel Aguilar . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. Camiseta Felipe Pardo . With their top three point guards and Kobe Bryant all sidelined by injury, the Lakers signed Marshall out of the D-League on Friday before their home game against Minnesota. Star Calgary running back Jon Cornish may get odd looks when he stands on one foot ordering lunch or spins through a doorway. But he says he cant stop working on ways to improve his game, after setting a new CFL record last season for a Canadian with 1,457 rushing yards. "You just live like that and it becomes your norm. If people think its weird then, whatever," he said Thursday on a CFL pre-season conference call. This season he says he wants to work on his pass routes and other aspects of his game he thinks can improve, such as his emotional response. He recalls one game in particular against the Toronto Argonauts. "I had a penalty that possibly cost us a touchdown," he said. "That kind of emotional outburst is something that I want to have restrained." He says that kind of growth comes with maturity. "I feel like Im a more mature player at this point and I can better deal with any negatives." Despite the breakout numbers, it wasnt all highlight reels in 2012 for the 28-year-old, who was picked 13th overall in the second round of the 2006 CFL draft. After lending a major hand in the 11-2 run that overcame a slow start and got them into the Grey Cup, Cornish and the Stamps were shut down by the Toronto Argonauts, who emerged 35-22 winners. Coach John Hufnagel says he wants to once again see Cornish be a factor in each and every game. But he adds that he particularly respects the way Cornish bounced back and tried even harder if he had an off game, like his minus-one-yard effort in Week 5 last season. Hufnagel also says Drew Tate is definitely the teams No. 1 quarterback going into camp. He has recovered from a fractured wrist that put backup Kevin Glenn in for the West final and the Grey Cup, afteer Glenn subbed for Tate earlier in the season due to another injury.dddddddddddd "Hes ready to play, Im ready to have him on the field playing," Hufnagel said of Tate, although he also expressed a lot of confidence in Glenn and Bo Levi Mitchell as backups. "Right now quarterback is in my belief a position of strength for us but Drew will be the starter coming into training camp." Tate has worked out with a mixed martial arts trainer to improve his core strength but the coach says his No. 1 pivot has no desire to climb in the Octagon, like Toronto Argonauts running back Chad Owens, last seasons MVP and all-purpose yards leader. Owens surprised even the Argos when he entered the cage in Hawaii in April, earning a unanimous decision over another MMA newcomer. Despite their apparent strength, the Stampeders have been bringing a lot of young players into camp this season, adding three more Thursday -- import receiver Donavon Kemp, import defensive lineman Aronde Stanton and import defensive back Jerett Sanderson. "You improve most of the time with your young players," said Hufnagel. As for holes he has to fill, linebacker Marc Calixte retired after last season after playing a major role on special teams. "Well have enough fast guys to go down and disrupt things," said Hufnagel, pointing to a few new additions such as the off-season signing of Yannick Carter as well as 2013 draft pick Ben DAguilar. Two players expected to show up at camp still nursing injuries are receiver Johnny Forzani and defensive tackle Etienne Legare. Hufnagel hopes Legare will be ready once the season starts but Forzani, who had to have surgery to repair a high-ankle sprain that didnt heal properly, will take longer. Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen