Image and video hosting by TinyPic

a time when I listened to every game

in
Über uns
25.05.2018 15:57
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Ahead of the Grand Final, Manchester Thunders Sara Bayman and Surrey Storms Sophia Candappa answer key questions about Saturdays title decider. Reigning champions Surrey will face Manchester, who finished top of the Vitality Netball Superleague, at the Copper Box Arena, live on Sky Sports. Sky Live: Storm v Thunder Surrey Storm face Manchester Thunder in Saturdays Grand Final The Storm and Thunder hold one win apiece in their matches this season, but who will come out on top this weekend? Sara and Sophia have given their verdicts... Is Surrey Storm v Manchester Thunder the dream final?Sara: I think for the fans, yes definitely. Storm and Thunder have a lot of history, a lot of rivalry. The fans should expect a treat as we usually put on a good game. We finished one and two in the league, obviously won our semi-finals, and over the course of the season you would say these are the top two sides. The fans should expect a treat as we usually put on a good game. Sara Bayman Sophia: Definitely. Weve both won a game each against each other, so I think Saturday is going to be a really hotly contested game. Well probably be level pegging the whole way through. Do you expect an evenly contested final?Sara: I think that is most likely. Weve both analysed each other, we both know each others games. Having one win each, its the decider and I would expect it to be really tight. Defending champions Surrey Storm will meet Manchester Thunder in the Vitality Superleague Grand Final after Saturdays semi-finals Sophia: Tamsin, our coach has always said to us that the final should be between Storm and Thunder. We have definitely kept our eye on them, watching the video of them against other teams and our games. Can Surrey draw confidence from last years title triumph?Sara: They might have the edge in that theyve won a Superleague at the Copper Box before. But each of the Superleagues that we have won have been against Storm. Its 50-50. Surrey Storm defeated Hertfordshire Mavericks in last years Grand Final Sophia: I actually didnt play for the Storm last year, but I definitely think that is an advantage for us as a team. Definitely the plan is to go back and win it again at the Copper Box. Its sort of our second home after playing London Live, so I think weve definitely got a bit of a home advantage. What was the most important victory in the season?Sara: I think our victory away to Team Bath in round three. It kind of set us up for a good season and was probably our strongest performance of the season. It came really early and was a confidence boost, knowing that we could play that well and were title contenders. Storm defeated Hertfordshire Mavericks in round 14 Sophia: Our last round game which was against Mavericks. We had to win in order to secure a home semi-final. That did make a massive difference and was a confidence booster going into our semi-final against Mavericks again. It was a really crucial game. What key battles are we expecting on Saturday?Sara: I think Rachel Dunn in the circle is going to be one to watch for us. Me and Sophia will probably play against each other in the middle, which will be quite tasty. Then Ellie Cardwell against Hannah Reid is going to be huge. Who comes out on top of that could decide the game. Sara Bayman and Sophia Candappa talk about their potential match-up in the centre position in Saturdays Grand Final Sophia: Hannah Reid up against Ellie Cardwell is going to be really interesting. Hannah is a really experienced defender and Ellie Cardwell is a young, upcoming England shooter. That will be a really exciting match-up and also Ill be up against Sara, which is always a good battle. Im looking forward to that. Who is the most dangerous player on the opposing team?Sara: When Rachel Dunn is on form she just slots goals from anywhere. Weve really got to cut down the service to her from the mid-court, because we dont want her getting the ball in the circle. Helen Housby is a potent shooter for the Thunder Sophia: They have got a really strong mid-court. Sara and Natalie Haythornthwaite are a really strong combo. Ultimately Helen Housby, the superstar shooter, can do a lot of damage. That is part of our game-plan to stop her from scoring that golden goal. How important have the coaching staff been to your success?Sara: Our coaching staff have been great all through the season. We definitely went through a mid-season blip and I think as a team we were getting worried about it, whereas the coaching staff were just absolutely fine. Were ready to peak again and the last few games weve been playing really well. Head coach Dan Ryan has guided Thunder to the Grand Final in his first season Sophia: They have been really influential. Obviously weve had Tamsin Greenway not playing this year. Shes been on the bench as Director of Netball for Surrey and also Head Coach Kat Ratnapala. They are both experienced players. Kat has been working with the defenders, which has been awesome, and for me Ive had the joy of learning everything from Tamsin, which has been really good. How does it feel to be nominated for the player of the season award?Sara: Its fantastic. I actually really didnt expect it and the first I knew about it was when my Mum rang me up and told me. Its really nice to get individual recognition, but Ill take a Superleague win over that. If I can have both, thanks. My mum has voted about 18 times. Shes whipping iPads out from nowhere. Im really honoured to be recognised, but I just want to go out there on Saturday and do my team proud and play well. Sophia Candappa Sophia: It was a real shock. Im really honoured to be recognised, but I just want to go out there on Saturday and do my team proud and play well, so I can give us the best chance of winning that Superleague title. What will it mean on a personal level if you win the Superleague title?Sara: Its huge. As an experienced player, you realise that these opportunities dont come around very often. Its such a huge game and such an amazing stadium to be in. To win it for Manchester Thunder would be absolutely massive. Surrey Storms Sophia Candappa and Manchester Thunders Sara Bayman answer some quick-fire questions on their team-mates Sophia: All those hours that weve given up, Tamsin screaming at me, telling me how awful I am at times in games, it will all be worth it. The Storm girls are amazing, they have really welcomed me this season. I feel like I have slotted in and to do it with them would be just amazing.Watch Surrey Storm against Manchester Thunder in Saturdays Grand Final from 4.30pm on Sky Sports 5. Also See: Sky Live: Superleague Grand Final WATCH: Grand Final match-up Ryan: Thunder is my future WATCH: Housbys magic moment Nike Air Vapormax Plus Womens White . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Air Max 270 For Sale . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. http://www.nike270-airmax.com/nike-off-white-the-ten.html . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. Cheap Air Max 270 . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. Off White Air Max 97 For Sale . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. NEW YORK -- Matt Klinewski scored a career-high 30 points and grabbed nine rebounds, and Lafayette beat St. Francis (Brooklyn) 74-72 on Monday night to snap a three-game losing streak.Klinewski, whose previous high was 26, became the first Leopard to score 30 or more points since Nick Lindners 30 against Colgate on Feb., 25, 2015.Paulius Zalys and Eric Stafford made back-to-back 3-pointers -- both set up on drive-and-kicks from Lindner -- to take a 70-64 lead with 2:37 left. St. Francis pulled to 72-69 with 1:02 left affter Yunus Hopkinson made two free throws following a technical foul.ddddddddddddut Auston Evans had an offensive rebound and finish with 20.7 seconds left for a two-possession lead.Kyle Stout added 12 points and Evans had 10 -- both career highs -- for Lafayette (3-4).Glenn Sanabria had 21 points and seven assists, and Hopkinson made six 3-pointers and scored 20 points for St. Francis (1-7). Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys White ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen