Image and video hosting by TinyPic

lexander Steen scored a pow

in
Über uns
05.06.2018 14:12
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Ed Temple, the trailblazing former Tennessee State and U.S. Olympic womens track and field coach who died last week, was honored Friday by many of the gold medalists who ran for him.He was a man with a heart that was as big as anyone, Lucinda Williams Adams said at a memorial service on Tennessee States campus. He taught us how to have pride and dignity and to be able to lift each other up. Do not dwell on not having, but dwell on what you are going to have.Temple died Sept. 22 at age 89. He coached the womens track team at Tennessee State, formerly Tennessee A&I, from 1953 to 1994. His Tennessee State Tigerbelles won 13 Olympic gold medals while shattering racial and gender barriers.He also was head coach of the U.S. Olympic womens track team in 1960 and 1964 and was an assistant coach in 1980.You might have an argument about the exact order, but theres no argument at all that the coach (Temple) deserves to be at the very top level of our heroes of Tennessee, Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam said.Temple coached Tennessee State to more than 30 national titles while leading 40 athletes to the Olympics.Among the gold medalists to speak at Temples memorial service were Williams, Edith McGuire Duvall, Wyomia Tyus and Chandra Cheeseborough-Guice.He came into my life, I had just lost my father, so he has truly, truly been a father figure to me, Tyus said. He has given a lot to me and made me who I am today. I am proud to be who I am today, and the only reason Im that way is because of him. He sacrificed a lot, not just for me, but for all the Tigerbelles, all of us.Temples daughter, Edwina, said there are no more batons to pass and added that I know when he reached the final finish line, waiting for him were the Tigerbelles that had already finished their final race.That list includes Wilma Rudolph, who won three gold medals in the 1960 Olympics. Matt Murray Jersey . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. Carter Rowney Jersey . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. http://www.authenticpenguinsshopnhl.com/mark-recchi-jersey/ . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. Paul Martin Jersey . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts. White Penguins Jerseys . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. Goals from Etienne Capoue and Roberto Pereyra saw Watford earn a 2-1 victory over defending Premier League champion Leicester City at Vicarage Road on Saturday afternoon.Watford (5-3-4) got off to a flyer, as Capoue netted 32 seconds in, capitalising on Troy Deeneys instinctive flick-on to blast the ball home. It didnt take long for the hosts to double their lead on a wonderful curled effort from Pereyra. He cut in from the wing and left the Leicester keeper with no chance in the 12th minute.Riyad Mahrez soon restored hope for Leicester (3-3-6) from the spot after Jamie Vardy drew a penalty, leaving the result in the balance.ddddddddddddA fast-paced encounter ensued, with Watford going close to extending the gap several times. The best chances fell to Nordin Amrabat after Deeney teed him up perfectly at the end of the first period, and Pereyra after the restart. He placed his free header straight at the keeper.Leicester really ramped up the pressure in the closing stages but never came too close to an equaliser. In fact, it was the Hornets who looked more likely throughout. Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen