Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ts (12.5). His 29-point, 15-ass

in
Über uns
12.06.2018 14:11
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Dejan Vasiljevic is a native of Canada with Serbian roots who grew up in Australia and has now found a home as a shooting guard for the Miami Hurricanes.Vasiljevic is the most well-traveled member of a talented freshman class already playing a significant role for the Hurricanes, who compete in an eight-team tournament in Orlando beginning Thursday.In Miamis first three games, all wins, Vasiljevic has averaged 11.7 points while going 9 for 18 from 3-point range.He can really, really shoot, coach Jim Larranaga said. I told him he reminds me of me -- a really good offensive player who doesnt play much D. He really tries, but youre guarding a different kind of player, an athlete who is very skilled, and he hasnt faced that kind of athlete on a regular basis. So hes learning.Vasiljevics background suggests hes quick to adapt.My parents are from the former Yugoslavia, he said. Because of the war, they decided to move here and there.He was born in Calgary and moved to Melbourne when he was 6. He has Canadian and Australian citizenship, and plans to apply eventually for citizenship in Serbia, where he still has family. His parents and sister live in Australia.His unusual accent -- mostly Aussie, a bit Serbian -- made him somewhat difficult for teammates to understand at first.Im trying to get rid of the Australian slang in my speech, said Vasiljevic, who pronounces his name DAY-on Vass-EEL-uh-vitch and goes by DJ. At first they didnt know what I was trying to say, but Ive gotten into their vocabulary and how they speak.Teammate JaQuan Newton said Vasiljevic was shy and quiet when he first arrived.But now hes talking the language we talk, Newton said. Hes picking up our lingo. Hes very playful.And he can play. His parents both played semi-professional handball, but he took up basketball at 12 and quickly became hooked, modeling his game after Croatian NBA star Drazen Petrovic, who died in a car crash four years before Vasiljevic was born.Vasiljevic has given the young Hurricanes a perimeter threat as the offense retools after the departure of last seasons leading scorers, Sheldon McClellan and Angel Rodriguez.His shooting ability caught the eye of college recruiters in the summer of 2015 playing for a U-19 team in Europe. He made visits to Miami and Stanford and chose the Hurricanes because he liked Larranaga and the weather.I thought it was the perfect fit for me, he said. Its a new family to me, a new home.Vasiljevics parents probably wont make it to the United States this season to see him play in person. He said he misses moms cooking, and notes there are no longer kangaroos in his backyard.But the biggest adjustment has been dealing with cars driving on the right-hand side of the road, opposite from Australia. Hes in no rush to obtain a U.S. drivers license and gets where hes going mostly by walking, which isnt much of a problem because he lives on campus.Vasiljevic wants to get a degree and plans on a four-year stay rather than an early exit for the NBA. He likes Miami so well he helped land two prospects in next years recruiting class and would be happy to give other prep players his sales pitch.Im 2 for 2, he said. Lets see if I can keep it going.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Justin Upton Jersey . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. Jeff Bagwell Jersey .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. http://www.wholesaleangelsjerseys.com/kole-calhoun-jersey/ . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. Rod Carew Jersey . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Andrew Heaney Jersey .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at Boston Strong - a citys recovery from tragedy. SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The Sacramento Kings and Houston Rockets are living an NBA truth about offensive play: Most often, the smallest details --- spacing, movement, flow, pace, protecting the ball --- have the greatest effect.Right now, the Kings are taking care of the details. The Rockets, not so much.Where those two trends head in the immediate future will be determined Friday, when they face each other at the Golden 1 Center.Sacramento is riding consecutive victories for only the second time this season, both built from a rejuvenated offensive attack. The Kings 116-91 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday marked their best four-quarter output of the season.The Kings (6-9) also have scored at least 115 points in two of their past three contests, and theyve combined for 63 points in the first quarter in two games since coach David Joerger went from starting a big lineup to a smaller one.You are seeing some very positive things, he said.Among them: The Kings totaled 26 assists on 44 made shots against Oklahoma City and 26 on 36 made shots against Toronto. The combined 65 percent ratio of assists-to-baskets was Sacramentos best two-game total this season.Even if sometimes it doesnt appear so, we are getting better at the things were working on, Joerger said. Sometimes we shoot ourselves in the foot and make some, Holy Cow, did I just see that just happen plays. But I think they are fewer and far between when were playing well.Players have pointed to more space on the floor and better familiarity with each other as factors in the turnaround. They also say a better performance on defense has been important, too; the Kings held Toronto below 100 in an overtime win last Sunday and didntt yield Oklahoma Citys 100th point until late in the fourth quarter when the game was put away.ddddddddddddhen you have a group of eight guys that all know they are in the rotation, they know whatever combination is out there, Joerger said. Guys are starting to fit into what were asking them to do.The Rockets (9-6) will be asked to be much better at taking care of the ball than they did in a 115-102 home loss to the Raptors on Wednesday. The Rockets committed a season-worst 28 turnovers, 12 of them by perennial MVP candidate James Harden. Toronto capitalized by scoring 33 points off of them.If youre not ready to play, and we werent for whatever reason, its now up to the next one, coach Mike DAntonio said. Just as long as we learn from it.Harden rarely has two bad games in a row. Hes fourth in the NBA in scoring (28.7 points per game), and the leader in assists (12.5). His 29-point, 15-assist night against Toronto gave him at least 25 points and 15 assists in five games this season. Only once before this season had there been a 25-point, 15-assist game for the Rockets, according to the Houston Chronicle.The contest kicks off a five-game road trip for the Houston, the second one for them this month. Houston won three of five against Eastern Conference teams on that journey, and they are 5-4 away from home this season. All five of the opponents on the trip are from the Western Conference, but only the Golden State Warriors (13-2) were above .500 on Thanksgiving.Were still a fairly new team, Harden said. Weve gotta realize were 15 games in. Weve got a long way to go. Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Black Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen