Image and video hosting by TinyPic

st two rounds and will have t

in
Über uns
30.07.2018 15:48
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Deontay Wilder was ready, willing and able to defend his heavyweight world title in a mandatory fight against Alexander Povetkin in one of the divisions most anticipated fights on May 21 in Moscow.In fact, Wilder was taking the overseas assignment against easily his most dangerous opponent so seriously that he was spending the final few weeks of his training camp in Sheffield, England, in an effort to minimize the effect of the time change.Wilder, set to make a career-high purse of $4.5 million, was rearing to go. But nine days before the fight, the results of an April 27 random urine test came to light in which Povetkin tested positive for the banned substance meldonium.The fight was called off (meaning no big payday), and a dejected Wilder and his team flew home to Alabama.Not wanting to let a hard training camp go to waste, Wilder vowed to fight as quickly as possible. Thanks to the WBCs granting him permission to stage an optional defense while it figured out what to do with Povetkins mandatory status, his team quickly arranged a fight.That has led Wilder a long way from Moscow and back to the comfy confines of home as he prepares to make his fourth title defense against Chris Arreola, who will be getting his third crack at a world title, in the main event of a Premier Boxing Champions card on Saturday (Fox, 8 p.m. ET) at Legacy Arena here in Birmingham, Ala.In the 10-round welterweight co-feature, Sammy Vasquez (21-0, 15 KOs), 30, of Monessen, Penn., will face 32-year-old fellow southpaw Felix Diaz (17-1, 8 KOs), a 2008 Dominican Olympic gold medalist. In another televised bout, blue-chip junior middleweight prospect Erickson Lubin (15-0, 11 KOs), 20, of Orlando, Florida, will face Mexicos Ivan Montero (20-1, 8 KOs).The 30-year-old Wilder (36-0, 35 KOs), who will earn $1.5 million for the fight, took a brief break after the Povetkin fight was canceled and said he simply cannot wait to get inside the ring to inflict damage on Arreola, 35, of Riverside, Calif., who is bidding to become the first fighter of Mexican descent to win a heavyweight title.Ive wanted to hit somebody since May, Wilder, from nearby Tuscaloosa, said at Thursdays final news conference. I got teased but now its time. And I get to do it at home. Theres no better place to do it.Some have been critical of the selection of Arreola, whose purse is $150,000, as the opponent because he has done nothing in recent years to warrant this opportunity. Hes 2-2-1 with a no decision in his last six fights and has not looked good, including in a controversial win over Travis Kauffman in December -- a result changed to a no decision because Arreola tested positive for a banned substance, marijuana.But Arreola (36-4-1, 31 KOs), who got knocked out in two previous world title fights by Vitali Klitschko in 2009 and Bermane Stiverne in 2014, is known for his brawling, crowd-pleasing style, and even though he is a big-time underdog, he figures to make the fight entertaining while it lasts. Wilder has vigorously defended Arreolas selection.We had a few guys that we could have chosen, but there were certain guys we didnt want to give a short-notice opportunity, Wilder said. We needed a certain type of fighter for this job. We need someone who will fight with their heart and take this opportunity and make the most of it. Does he deserve the title shot? No he doesnt. He knows it. But is Chris Arreola the perfect guy for this fight? Of course he is.Chris is lucky to get a third chance at a title. Theres a lot of prospects who would love to fight him just to get a chance to fight for this belt. We needed a special person for this situation and I blessed Chris Arreola with the opportunity. Its time to fight. Hes The Nightmare and Im a knockout artist. What makes me special is the way I knock people out. Go look at the people Ive knocked out and see what Ive given them. You know the words at the end of the night will be And still, heavyweight champion of the world.Arreola did not get the fight on merit; he got it through his connection to adviser and PBC creator Al Haymon, who also works with Wilder. Arreola has been dismissed by most as having little chance to win, which is fine with him.See, nobody is talking about me. Nobody is saying anything about me, Arreola said. So there is nothing for me to look at. Everyones focus is on Deontay Wilder, on him and his situation with Povetkin and about Deontay already talking about fighting [titleholder Anthony] Joshua or [world champion Tyson] Fury.My job is to work on [Saturday]. My job is to try to shock the world. I dont care what anybody says. They dont live my life. They dont even throw punches. They probably never got punched in their life.As for Wilder, he comes off as extremely confident, as usual, but there are outside-the-ring issues that could be distractions.After the Povetkin fight was canceled, Wilder and promoter Lou DiBella sued Povetkin and Russian promoter Andrey Ryabinskys World of Boxing in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York for breach of contract and at least $5 million in damages related to the cancellation of the bout.Ten days later, Ryabinsky countersued them in the same court for breach of contract and defamation, claiming they unilaterally canceled the fight before the WBC, whose belt Wilder holds, decided what to do. He also claimed Wilder began a smear campaign against himself and Povetkin, who recently met with WBC officials to give his side of the story. Ryabinsky is seeking at least $34.5 million.Wilder said that although he is following the lawsuits and the fallout from the canceled fight, his focus on Arreola has not wavered.I havent been on a close watch of it, Wilder said. Ive definitely been following it. Its ridiculous, if you ask me. Ive got served papers and everything. Im not letting it knock me off my game, my focus. Its just part of life, you know what I mean? Ive been through worse situations in life. Its just a bad storm -- another storm that I have to weather in my life.My skin is tough. Thats in all aspects of life, no matter what. Im very focused. Im always focused. When youre in the hurt business, you have no choice but to stay focused on the test that lies at hand because if youre not focused, you can get knocked out. No one wants to feel what it feels like to be knocked out, wake up in the hospital, dont know what happened. You never want to be that guy that didnt even know the end of the round has ended because youre dazed or youre unconscious.The lawsuits will take time and cost money, and Wilder is likely to soon meet with the WBC to give his take on the canceled fight. He might have to fight Povetkin next depending on what the WBC decides. But, of course, if Wilder does not beat Arreola, the WBCs decision wont make a difference to him.First off, right now its me and Chris Arreola, Wilder said. All the other legal stuff, that can take a hold until after. This is whats next right now. This is what Im focused on. Im not really focused on the legal side of everything. I got a great team. I trust in my team. Im just sitting and waiting for that moment where Povetkin will have his day as well.Said DiBella: We have lawyers, obviously, as do Povetkins people. Were having conversations right now with the WBC about an opportunity literally to be able to do the same thing Povetkins people did. But thats not for Deontay to be worried about right now.There is a fight on [Saturday]. Thats where everyones attention is. The rest of that stuff is going to take care of itself. But, frankly, we respect [the WBCs] process and we want to get our points across. But this is ultimately going to be decided in the U.S. courts. So this is a legal matter. Its nothing that the fighters are worried about right now. Were totally focused on the big event on [Saturday]. Harry Kane Jersey . -- The Magic have their first victory of the new year. Jordan Pickford Jersey .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. http://www.cheapenglandjerseysauthentic.com/trent-alexander-arnold-jersey/ . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. David Beckham Jersey . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries. Danny Welbeck Jersey . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. The UFC returns on Saturday with a main event featuring a pair of womens bantamweight contenders.Former champion Holly Holm and Valentina Shevchenko are both looking to get back on track after falling in their last fights.While both fighters transitioned to MMA after experiencing success in the boxing and kickboxing ring, there are key differences in their games that could make the difference in the Octagon at UFC Fight Night on Saturday.Striking volumeWhile shes best known for her thunderous knockout of Ronda Rousey, Holms usual output is as a volume striker. Coming from a boxing background, she uses a lot of jabs and straights to close the distance and then work on the inside. She also has incorporated a diverse array of kicks to the legs, body and head since making her MMA debut in 2011. For her career, Holm averages 10 significant strike attempts per minute. In her last fight against Miesha Tate, that rate fell to six attempts per minute due to the long stretches of the fight spent on the ground. To be successful, Holm needs to get back to her volume-based approach. Shevchenko likes to counter and has let her opponents dictate the pace of the contest in the UFC. She has averaged only 3.7 significant strike attempts per minute in the promotion. Holm should look to get out to an early lead by controlling distance and pace by throwing a high quantity of strikes.Significant strikes landed per minuteDespite not being the most accurate striker, Holm still lands a respectable 3.46 significant strikes per minute. Her volume approach allows her to land consistently despite missing the majority of her attempts. Shevchenko lands 54 percent of her significant strike attempts, but since she mostly waits and counters, she lands only two significant strikes pper minute.dddddddddddd. To be successful with this style, Bullet will need to load up on power strikes and hope she can hurt the former champion.Striking defenseAnother result of Holms volume approach is successful defense. Holm constantly gets off first, which leaves her opponents stuck playing defense. During her UFC career, she has avoided 67 percent of her opponents significant strike attempts, which is third best among ranked UFC bantamweights. On the other hand, Shevchenko has avoided only 47 percent of opponents attempts, which is well below the average of ranked bantamweights (56 percent). If Shevchenko tries to sit back and counter against Holm, she might find it extremely difficult to land punches.Average fight timeAs the main event, this fight is scheduled for five five-minute rounds. Neither fighter has fought the full 25 minutes in the UFC. However, both fighters often find themselves in long fights. Holm has fought 74 percent of her possible fight time, while Shevchenko has fought to the final bell in both of her three-round fights in the Octagon. Holm has been scheduled for 25 minutes twice in the UFC, so she might have an advantage in terms of preparation. Shevchenko comes from a traditional muay Thai background, where fighters are notorious for starting slowly. Against Amanda Nunes, Shevchenko had her best round by far in the final frame. She landed 17 significant strikes in the third round after landing only 11 in the first two rounds combined. Shevchenko cant afford to give away the first two rounds and will have to keep it close early and try to seal a late win over Holm just like Tate did in March. Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen