Image and video hosting by TinyPic

N STRUGGLESMilwaukee starte

in
Über uns
08.08.2018 14:46
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays survived their first elimination game of the postseason on Tuesday by defeating the Cleveland Indians 5-1 in Game 4 of the American League Championship Series.Now they must try to do it again in Game 5 on Wednesday at Rogers Centre.Blue Jays manager John Gibbons has given the assignment to right-hander Marco Estrada, who took the loss in Game 1 despite pitching Torontos only complete game of the season -- a 2-0 loss to Corey Kluber.The Indians will go with left-handed rookie Ryan Merritt, who will be making his postseason debut after spending most of the season at Triple-A Columbus.The Blue Jays five runs Tuesday were more than they had scored in the three previous games combined (three). It helped when a home run by Josh Donaldson gave them a 1-0 lead in the third and an RBI flare single by Ezequiel Carrera in the fourth gave them a 2-0 lead.You know, I liked being able to get the lead there early on in the game, Donaldson said. We havent been able to get a lead in this series. And I felt like it was very important for us to get out to a lead. And even if it was one run, whatever. ... In the playoffs, these games arent going to come easy to win. Theyve played great defense. Theyve pitched well and had timely hits.The Indians were able to get through Tuesday without using their two best relievers, right-hander Cody Allen and left-hander Andrew Miller. Both played vital roles in the first three games of the series. They will be rested for Game 5.I think that helps, Indians manager Terry Francona said. Certainly when youre down one trying to keep it at one so we have a chance, but also recognizing that if Miller and Cody pitch, that would have been four out of five pretty high-stress, high-leverage innings.(I) decided to try to go a different route. Didnt work out as well as we wanted, but we do have those guys available with a day off behind it.Edwin Encarnacion added a two-run single and Kevin Pillar had a sacrifice fly.Blue Jays manager John Gibbons felt like his team approached the game like they normally would.Really, everything, almost like a normal day, Gibbons said. Obviously its not, but it was almost like a normal regular-season game. They were nice, loose and relaxed, well aware of the circumstances. They showed up today like they always do and played a good ballgame.Francona was down 3-0 in the 2004 ALCS when he was managing the Boston Red Sox. They became the first major-league team to come back from a 3-0 disadvantage, beating the New York Yankees in seven games. They then went on to win the World Series.Im proud of that, obviously, Francona said before the game Tuesday. That was a wonderful four days. I dont think the first three were that great. But it ended -- it was fun to live through that and to actually live. So I guess if people ask, I dont mind it, because like I said, I was proud of those guys. ... But this is a different time, a different team, very different circumstances.Merritt has pitched in four regular-season games, including one start, and is 1-0 with a 1.64 ERA. In 24 starts at Columbus, he was 11-8 with a 3.70 ERA.If you told me at the start of the season I was going to be pitching in the ALCS, I wouldve thought you were crazy, Merritt said. Its awesome. Im glad its here.Estrada allowed two runs in eight innings in the 2-0 loss in Game 1 at Progressive Field. He allowed six hits and one walk and struck out six.In his regular-season start against Cleveland this season, he allowed three runs in five innings. In two career regular-season starts vs. Cleveland, he is 0-0 with a 3.75 ERA.Weve got to win, Estrada said. Thats basically it. Im going to go out and do what Ive basically done all year and not really think about it as an elimination game. Ill just think about it just as another game. My job is to try to go nine innings and give up zero runs. So it doesnt matter if its the last game of the season, the first game, you want to do that every time out. wholesale nfl jerseys . The incident occurred at 19:56 of the second period of the Kings 4-2 road win over Edmonton on Sunday. Nolan punched Oilers forward Jesse Joensuu in the jaw in front of the Kings goal during a scrum. wholesale jerseys . The 26-year-old Ireland striker, who has four goals this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with his new club. http://www.cheapjerseysnflchinasupply.net/ . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. cheap nfl jerseys . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpool to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpool and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home. cheap jerseys . Marincin has played in two NHL games so far this season with two penalty minutes. The 21-year-old has three goals, four assists and a plus-5 rating in 24 games with the American Hockey Leagues Oklahoma City Barons this season. MILWAUKEE -- For one night, Homer Bailey looked as hed never left.Bailey struck out 11 in six scoreless innings in his third game back from Tommy John surgery in the Cincinnati Reds 7-4 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday night.That was fun for me to watch, Reds manager Bryan Price said. It looked like the Homer Bailey that we knew before the injury.Bailey (2-1) flashed all the abilities -- and all of the pitches -- that landed him a $105 million, six-year contract in 2014.The right-hander was especially dominant against the top of Milwaukees order of Jonathan Villar, promising rookie Orlando Arcia and Ryan Braun. The trio combined to go 0 for 9 with seven strikeouts against Bailey.Still, he had to lobby Price and pitching coach Mack Jenkins to go back in before the sixth, where he struck out the side to finish his night.Mack has known Homer from the time he (first) signed in 2004 and Ive known Homer since 2010. So theres a lot of familiarity with each other, Price said. We have a lot of faith in Homer.Bailey said the feeling is mutual.I know where his head and his heart are at, Bailey said. I have so much trust with those guys, I dont want to know. I just want to pitch. When I get out, I get out. When Im out there, Im out there.Adam Duvall hit his 27th home run and Billy Hamilton stole three bases to push his major league-leading total to 51.NELSON STRUGGLESMilwaukee starter Jimmy Nelson (6-12) labored through five innings, allowing three runs off six hits and three walks.Other than the Duvall homer, there wasnt a ton of hard contact. Thats where Jimmys at, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. Thats why being in the strike zone, being around the strike zone with close misses is so important.ddddddddddddExpected to be a key contributor in Milwaukees rotation, Nelson hasnt been reliable since May. After getting the first two outs of the game, he loaded the bases on a walk, a hit batter and a single before walking in a run.It wouldnt get much better from there. Duvall, Cincinnatis All-Star left fielder, hit a solo homer off Nelson in third and the Reds pounced on Milwaukees bullpen, plating four runs in the seventh.Ramon Flores hit a solo shot in the eighth, and Manny Pina hit a three-run homer with two outs in the ninth for the Brewers.MAN OF STEALHamilton stole bases on back-to-back pitches in the second and swiped his 51st base in the fourth, but was caught stealing later in the inning on a nice pickoff play by Nelson. Hamilton has 12 steals in his last five games.OFFENSE EVAPORATESThe Brewers didnt score until the eighth after they became the eighth team since 1961 to score in every inning they hit in in an 11-3 victory over Atlanta on Thursday.COUNSELL EJECTEDCounsell was ejected by plate umpire Bill Miller before the eighth.We had a little disagreement about balls and strikes, Counsell said.TRAINERS ROOMReds: Both Scott Schebler (calf) and Brandon Phillips (quad) returned to the lineup after both left Tuesdays win over the Cardinals. Cincinnati had a day off on Thursday.UP NEXTReds: Dan Straily (7-6, 3.76 ERA) is 3-0 with a 1.93 ERA in his last five starts for Cincinnati, which is 16-10 since the All-Star break.BREWERS: Milwaukee sends Zach Davies (9-4, 3.58) to the mound. Davies is 9-1 with a 2.92 ERA in his last 17 starts. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen