Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ed only 11 sacks all season and werent great against the run, despite

in Unsere Regeln 10.08.2018 07:27
von jj009 • 31 Beiträge

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Deonte Burton launched soft, feathery jumpers from the perimeter and was just as effective muscling his way to the basket when he found that more to his and No. 21 Iowa States advantage.The Cyclones burly 6-foot-5 forward is tough to defend wherever he is on the court. Just ask the Miami Hurricanes.We dont have anybody as big and strong as he is. Hes 250. Most of our guys are like 200, 220, Miami coach Jim Larranaga said after Burton scored 21 points and Iowa State used a 17-2 second-half run to pull away to a 73-56 victory in the AdvoCare Invitational at Disney World on Friday.Burton, the 2016 Big 12 newcomer of the year, made eight of 16, including both of his 3-pointers, to bounce back from what he felt was a subpar performance in the Cyclones tournament-opening victory over Indiana State. He also finished with a team-leading seven rebounds.I had a good game because of my teammates. Yesterday I didnt play too well, but they stuck by me, Burton said. They told me I would do better. They instilled belief in me, and it showed.Iowa State (5-0) advanced to Sundays championship game, also playing much better than Thursday , when the Cyclones shot 34.2 percent against Indiana State -- their lowest field-goal percentage in a win since 2007.Matt Thomas had 12 points and Nazareth Mitrou-Long added 10 for the Cyclones.Im really proud of our guys, the resiliency and leadership, the character of our seniors, Iowa State coach Steve Prohm said. (Thursday) was a tough game. I read a lot, you hear what everybody says. I like when people doubt us. Its good. It keeps you more focused. It keeps you humble. But the thing that I was most proud of was the thing people question about us, our toughness and our defense. I think that won the game for us today.Darrell Bowie hit an awkward layup as he tumbled to the floor and also hit a short jumper during a 17-2 run the Cyclones put together over an 8-minute stretch of the second half.I thought Iowa State was very sharp. If you look at their stats from (Thursday), they didnt make a free throw. Today, they didnt miss, so every day is a little different, Larranaga said. Today, we just couldnt make a shot. Some of it had to do with their defense, but we were uncharacteristically in a hurry. We had 19 turnovers. We dont normally do that, and a lot of the turnovers were unforced.JaQuan Newton led Miami with 21 points. Backcourt mate Davon Reed added 13 for the Hurricanes, who shot 36 percent from the field, including going just 2 of 16 on 3-point attempts.Burton hit a jumper, Donovan Jackson buried a 3-pointer and Monte Morris hit two free throws to finish the surge that broke the game open. Morris finished with six points -- well below his team-leading average of 19 for Iowa State -- but it didnt matter.The Cyclones built a 35-29 lead without getting any points out of their star, who finished 2 for 8 from the field.BIG PICTURECoaches use early season tournaments to prepare for conference play. Iowa State passed its first real test of the season, beating a team on the verge of cracking the Top 25 after shooting poorly in Thursdays opening round victory over Indiana State. Despite the loss, Miami figures to benefit from having faced Stanford and Iowa State before heading home for the ACC/Big Ten ChallengeHOLIDAY WINNINGSIowa State is 8-1 in holiday tournaments over the past four seasons. The Cyclones won the Emerald Coast Classic last season, finished second in the 2014 CBE Hall of Fame Classic and first in the 2013 Diamond Head Classic.POLL IMPLICATIONSIowa State would bolster an argument for a higher ranking by winning Sundays final. Miami beat Stanford in the opening round but likely wont move into the Top 25, regardless of what it does in the third-place game.UP NEXTIowa State faces another tough challenge against No. 11 Gonzaga for the championship.Miami plays the loser Florida for third place.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Cheap Kansas City Royals Jerseys . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. Cheap New York Yankees Jerseys . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. http://www.cheapmlbjerseysoutlet.com/?tag=cheap-washington-nationals-jerseys . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. Cheap Atlanta Braves Jerseys . The 19-year-old Olsen played 34 games with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL this season. In that time, hes recorded 17 goals and 17 assists with 36 penalty minutes. Cheap Oakland Athletics Jerseys .R. Smith realized how easily basketball can be taken from him, and he wasnt going to take his place in the NBA for granted anymore. Michigan State has had enough success under Mark Dantonio that the Spartans have probably earned the benefit of the doubt -- one terrible season doesnt necessarily mean the program is in decline.But the pressure is on to show 2016 was an aberration.Michigan State staggered to a 3-9 finish this season, winning only one game in conference play. A year ago, the Spartans made it to the national semifinals after winning their second Big Ten title in three seasons, but they followed that up with one of the biggest collapses of any team in the country. Michigan State is missing out on a bowl for the first time in Dantonios 10 seasons at the helm.What I think that we need to do is take this opportunity. What Ive always tried to do was that whatever situation was thrown at us, Ive tried to see the positive in that situation and try to deal with that situation, Dantonio said after his teams 45-12 loss at Penn State to end the season. In this case, the positive is that we start early. We start discovering who we are, what we need to fix, who were recruiting, whos coming in, and what we have to do. That all starts at an earlier time now.Almost nothing went right for the Spartans this season. With Connor Cook in the NFL, Michigan State turned to fifth-year senior Tyler OConnor at quarterback, but the passing game never approached the level needed for the Spartans to beat quality opponents. Damion Terry and Brian Lewerke also played. Lewerke, a redshirt freshman, had what seemed like an opportunity to establish himself as the quarterback of the future, but he broke his leg in late October.Defensively, Michigan State no longer resembled the aggressive, disruptive unit that could shut down other Big Ten teams when Pat Narduzzi was the coordinator. The Spartans managed only 11 sacks all season and werent great against the run, despite the presence of star defensive lineman Malik McDowell.Throughout thhe season, weve had our struggles, but a lot of times, theyre saying, `Michigan States so young.dddddddddddd Theyre so young. Theyre so young, junior linebacker Chris Frey said Saturday. Starting tomorrow, nobodys young anymore. Guys have had a full season and a spring under their belt. Theyre going into their second spring. Guys got to make that extra leap forward in their game. They got to learn to study film harder. They got to hit the weight room harder.There were a couple bright spots for Michigan State. LJ Scott rushed for 994 yards as a sophomore, including 160 in a near-upset of Ohio State late in the season. Freshman receiver Donnie Corley made contributions both on offense and in the secondary and showed plenty of promise for the future.After by far the worst season in Dantonios tenure, there are naturally some questions about what the coaching staff can do differently, but he gave no indication that anyone will be fired.Well look at what we do as a staff, but Im not even considering letting any of our staff go, he said.For the Spartans, 2015 was a glorious year, not just because they made it to college footballs four-team playoff, but because of the teams they had to outlast to get there -- Jim Harbaugh and Michigan and Urban Meyer and Ohio State. This season, those two rivals left Michigan State behind, and its up to the Spartans to bounce back quickly in whats clearly become a brutally difficult division.This season was quite a wake-up call.I think guys are going to realize, This is not who we are, and we dont want this anymore, Frey said. Were playing a lot of great teams, and we just got to be better.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 .---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen