Image and video hosting by TinyPic

world in 2013, according to his website, guochuanracing.com.Guo left San Francisco on Oct. 18 to challenge the solo nonstop tran

in Unsere Regeln 11.08.2018 04:50
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

KAPOLEI, Hawaii -- Waves, wind and darkness hampered the ocean search off Hawaii for a Chinese man reported missing while attempting to set a sailing record, the U.S. Coast Guard pilot who was the missions air commander said Thursday.It was pretty frustrating not to find him, not to hear him, Lt. Ben Powers said at Air Station Barbers Point in west Oahu, the morning after the Coast Guard called off its search for Guo Chuan. The hardest thing we do is search for a person in the water because its a huge ocean.Guo, 50, was attempting to set a sailing record from San Francisco to Shanghai. The search was suspended after a U.S. Navy crew from the USS Makin Island went aboard Guos 97-foot trimaran about 620 miles northwest of Oahu and found only his life jacket.As one of the pilots of one of the HC-130 Hercules planes that participated in the search, Powers spent hours scanning the ocean for Guo through 4-to-6-foot waves. There was no moon, he said, so illumination was low even with night-vision goggles.Rescuers radioed Guo every 15 to 30 minutes, Powers said. There was no response.When the persons in the water basically the only thing above the water is the persons head, Powers said. So thats really what were looking for -- something the size of a human head from an aircraft from 300 to 700 feet.Because Guos boat was well-tracked, rescuers had a good idea where he fell into the water, Powers said.Guo was a professional mariner with a deep passion for sailing. Our thanks to our Navy partners who helped us search for this vessel in a timely manner so far from shore in an attempt to locate Mr. (Guo) Chuan. Our deepest condolences go out not only to his family and friends but also to his racing team and the sailing community, said Capt. Robert Hendrickson, who directed the Coast Guards search.Guos sailboat, the Qingdao China, is adrift, and its main sail has been taken down, the Coast Guard said. The Coast Guard says it broadcast a warning to mariners to beware of the drifting boat.Guos racing team plans to recover the sailboat, the Coast Guard said.Guo was the first Chinese person to sail around the world in 2013, according to his website, guochuanracing.com.Guo left San Francisco on Oct. 18 to challenge the solo nonstop trans-Pacific world record. The current speed record for that journey is 21 days, and he was trying to sail from San Francisco to Shanghai within 20 days, the website says.In Beijing, the Foreign Ministry said on Thursday that Chinas consulate general in Los Angeles had alerted the U.S. Coast Guard in Hawaii when it learned that Guo could not be reached. Spokesman Lu Kang said Chinese diplomats had helped in the coordination of the search and continued to monitor the situation.---Follow Jennifer Sinco Kelleher at http://www.twitter.com/JenHapa. Her work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/jennifer-sinco-kelleher Cheap China Jerseys . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. NFL Jerseys Cheap Authentic . PAUL, Minn. http://www.chinanfljerseyscheaponline.com/ . Woodson said during a radio interview Thursday that the Knicks Carmelo Anthony doesnt get the same calls as other superstars. Wholesale China Jerseys .ca. Kerry, Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count? All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Eagles will start No. 2 overall pick Carson Wentz, not veteran Chase Daniel, against the visiting Cleveland Browns in Week 1, coach Doug Pederson announced Monday.On Saturday, the Eagles traded incumbent starter Sam Bradford to the Minnesota Vikings, opening the door for Wentz to step in.This is what I believe in, Pederson said. This is what this organization believes in. ... Im very comfortable with our football team and Carson being our starter.It is a significant departure, however, from the original philosophical approach that the organization espoused when it came to their rookie quarterback. Management stressed the importance of allowing him to develop behind the scenes as he made the jump from North Dakota State of the FCS to the NFL. The plan was to have Bradford as the starter and Daniel as the backup while likely keeping Wentz inactive on game days, perhaps for the entire season.That all changed when the Vikings, in need of a veteran quarterback after losing Teddy Bridgewater to a significant knee injury, offered the Eagles a first-round pick and a conditional fourth-round pick in exchange for Bradford.Wentz was laying in the middle of a cornfield hunting geese in New Jersey on Saturday morning when Pederson called to deliver the news that he was the starter.I was obviously very surprised, but instantly I was just really excited, said Wentz. We quickly cleaned up and got out of there because there were just so many emotions going on, and I was with my family and stuff. Now its just kind of down to business. But I can tell you I am very confident and Im very excited to get this opportunity.Pederson said he told the team about the decision, and players bought in.Guys were excited. Guys were excited for Carson, he said. When you lose your quarterback with Sam, it can be mixed emotions, but guys were 100 percent behind Carson.There were rumblings going on but obviously I think everybody was pretty surprised when it first came out that it actually was going to happen. So that was my first reaction, was just shock, said Eagles centerr Jason Kelce.dddddddddddd But after you have time to think about it, I think Carson, when hes been in there, has done a great job. Hes a very smart guy, obviously has tremendous talent.Wentz suffered a hairline rib fracture during the teams first preseason game Aug. 11 and did not play the rest of the preseason. He was medically cleared on Monday, he said, though the sense even last week was that he would be able ready for the opener, if needed.Wentz only threw 24 passes this preseason as the result of the injury. Still, Pederson said the decision to start Wentz was easy for him, though he admitted giving him more time to acclimate would be ideal.This guy is a proven winner, and hes proven it all the way up through college, and I fully expect him to do it at this level, the coach said.Daniel was ahead of Wentz on the depth chart prior to the trade, but the decision was made to keep him in the backup role. Philadelphia signed Daniel to a deal worth $7 million annually, in part because of his familiarity with Pedersons scheme. Daniel has only 77 career pass attempts in the NFL, but he has been in the league for eight years and knows the system well. Daniel had his share of struggles in the preseason, including a two-interception performance against the New York Jets on Thursday night.Pederson said Wentz has been assured that he will not be on a short leash.I want to exude that confidence in him, he said. I dont want him looking over his shoulder at all.Pederson praised Daniel for how he handled the news.Its unfortunate for me personally, but thats not what its about, Daniel said. Its not about one person, its about the team. Its about what gives us the best shot to win moving forward, and obviously some guys think thats Carson, and thats fine. And were going to get behind that and roll with it. My preparation is not going to change. If anything, it just helps me a little bit more just to get that fire going and help the young buck come Sunday. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen