Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Center. [url=http://www.shopairmaxaustralia.com/]White Air M

in
Über uns
18.08.2018 13:29
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

The legacy of Wayne Gretzky is still shaping the hockey landscape in California. True, Gretzky has not played in front of a California crowd in over a decade and has not played for a California team in 17 years, but he has helped spawn a generation of young hockey players in the state. Its the first generation of top-tier talent to come out of the state and they are “Gretzkys Children”. TSN and Sports Illustrated hockey analyst Michael Farber examined how Gretzkys trip to the south inspired a new wave of expansion and relocation, bringing the game to new sun-belt frontiers like Dallas, Phoenix, Tampa Bay and Anaheim. The result – “Gretzkys Children” – aired on Mondays SportsCentre to kick off TSNs week-long “Trade at 25” special to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Kings acquisition of The Great One. Hockey had been played in California since the 1920s but until recently the native Californian in the NHL has been an anomaly. However, since Gretzky arrived, hockey has taken root at the youth level, spawning what Farber labels “the most significant western migration since the movies came to Hollywood.” Proof can already be found from the fruits of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, held in Los Angeles. Beau Bennett - selected 20th overall by the Pittsburgh Penguins – and Anaheim 29th overall pick Emerson Etem became the highest-ever California-born and trained first-rounders. The moment was not lost on the players themselves. “It showed that people were starting to take California hockey a little more seriously,” Bennett. That draft was a particular boon for hockey in The United States with 11 players going in the first round alone. But it was the influx from California that made this class stand-out in addition to the picks from traditional hockey hot-beds like Michigan, Minnesota, Massachusetts and Wisconsin. But the true Hollywood invasion may be yet to come. The returns on the investment the Kings made in trading for Gretzky is still paying dividends, with minor hockey teams from the Golden State starting to make waves at very high levels of competition. In 2012 an LA-based team won the prestigious Quebec International Pee-Wee Tournament and the reigning U.S. National High School Champions are based out of Anaheim. The talent is increasing because registration increased and it was directly tied to Gretzkys arrival. “When he was brought in the registration was around 3,000 kids that were playing the game in the state,” said former NHLer Craig Johnson. “He brought 12,000 kids in from 1991 to 1995-96.” Johnson knows all about the beginning of the post-Gretzky boom, himself being part of the return the Los Angeles Kings got from the St. Louis Blues when they traded Gretzky in 1996. It can be argued that without Gretzky there would be no Anaheim Ducks or Florida Panthers, but if California develops into another source of young NHL talent, there will likely be little argument over the source. TSNs Trade at 25 coverage continues on SportsCentre tomorrow with “Dollars and Cents,” a look at Gretzkys impact on boardrooms across the NHL. Visit www.tsn.ca/tradeat25 now for exclusive video content including “Gretzkys Children” and vintage news clips from the day the trade broke. Photo galleries, social media content and exclusive Gretzky trade-based stories will also be available on the site throughout the week. Clearance Air Max Australia . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. Air Max Australia For Sale . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. http://www.shopairmaxaustralia.com/ .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. Air Max Australia Running Shoes .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. White Air Max Australia . -- Hunter Smith scored the winner with just 12 seconds remaining in the third period as the Oshawa Generals edged the host Sarnia Sting 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. He can barely remember his way to the locker room but James Tamou knows exactly where he wants to end up with new NRL club Penrith next season.Week one of the Panthers pre-season hasnt even finished but the big-name signing is already talking a big game, saying only a premiership will bring success to the club in 2017.From what I saw last (season), theres only room to grow. We had a couple of video sessions and Ive been excited to watch what the boys can produce, Tamou said.A premiership - thats the number one goal and thats on everyones mind.Tamou was knee-deep in a push for back-to-back titles with North Queensland in 2016 but admitted he had kept a close eye on the Panthers since signing a lucrative deal in June.And the 27-year-old couldnt help but be enamoured with their high-octane play that fell two games short of a fairytale grand final appearance.Ive been saying for a while, Ive been very excited to come in, he said.Their last 12 weeks of the season I was very impressed. Obviously because I had signed and knew I was coming here, I was keeping an eye on them.They were definitely premiership contenders. The way they went about the Bulldogs (elimination final), who are nothing short of walkovers.Obviously a bit of bad luck against Canberra (in the semi-final, but) just goes to show how young aand resilient this side can be.ddddddddddddItll be good for the club for everyone to stick around. It adds to the dynasty they can build.Tamou met his new teammates for day one of pre-season on Monday, almost two months before the former Kangaroos representative expected to arrive at the foot of the mountains.He was a shock exclusion from Mal Meningas Australian squad for the current Four Nations tournament and while he admitted the axing hurt, was glad to help uproot the family to Sydney.I wouldve went away feeling not well leaving the wife there with the kids. Im happy to be here. We can do some really good things here and day one is where it starts, he said.I know why I missed out. It just puts a bit more fire in the belly for next time.And already hes taken confidence from the way new teammate Trent Merrin experienced a career resurgence after a similar high-profile move from Wollongong last summer.I was reading something about him, he thought he was over representative-wise. We all know the valuable player he is, Tamou said.He came here and went to another level. Thats a bit of a goal for me. But first things first, get through a good pre-season and be injury-free. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen