Image and video hosting by TinyPic

apana try was the difference and puts his side

in
Über uns
18.08.2018 13:29
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- Kris Bryant probably wont get another first-pitch fastball from White Sox ace Chris Sale when the Chicago Cubs slugger bats against the left-hander during the City Series in a couple of weeks.Back in his college town, Bryant showed exactly what he can do with that pitch -- even against a crosstown rival who has owned him.Bryant hit an estimated 410-foot homer on the fourth pitch of the 87th All-Star Game, providing the biggest highlight of a mediocre night for the NL in a 4-2 loss.I just wanted to get a hit, Bryant said. To have my first hit be a home run is special.The NL lost for the fourth consecutive year, which means the NL Central-leading Cubs wont get home-field advantage if they make the World Series, where they hope to end their 108-year championship drought this fall.But it wasnt the fault of Bryant, whose first All-Star hit was an appropriate blast by the NLs 24-year-old leader in homers.Bryant got a warm homecoming in San Diego, where the Las Vegas native spent three years slugging for the University of San Diego Toreros before the Cubs made him the No. 2 pick in the 2013 draft.Being here in front of whats my second home -- I know a lot of people here -- it really felt special, Bryant said. This will be a couple of days that Ill remember for a long time.Homering against Sale was particularly huge for Bryant, who had been 0 for 6 against the White Soxs star, striking out every single time.I guess this one doesnt count toward career statistics, Bryant said with a grin. Im still 0 for 6 with six strikeouts against Chris Sale. Hes one of the toughest pitchers Ive seen. Hes one of those guys you have to attack, because he has strikeout stuff.Bryant became the eighth Cubs player to homer in the All-Star Game, and the youngest since Augie Galan in 1936. Hes only the second player from a Chicago team to homer against a pitcher from the other Chicago team, joining Magglio Ordonez against the Cubs Jon Lieber in 2001.I like playing here, Bryant said of Petco Park. Its one of my favorite places to play. I see the ball really well here. Maybe its all the sun in San Diego.Bryant added some more color to the All-Star Game in a more literal fashion as well: He changed his cleats three times in four innings, showing off a different shade of shoe each time. He did it for Adidas, which sold each eye-catching shoe online while Bryant was wearing them.First baseman Anthony Rizzo also had a hit for the Cubs, who sent seven players to the midsummer classic. Bryant and Rizzo are on the vanguard of the next generation of NL stars, a fact not lost on their teammates.Youre going to be looking at one of the best hitters in the game, Cubs second baseman Ben Zobrist said of Bryant. I mean, he already is. But the consistency is what you have to see over time to become a legend like Big Papi. A guy like K.B., Rizz, theyre just beginning that. Theyve got a lot of time to be consistent to get to that level, but theyre playing at that level right now. Seeing their mindsets, seeing the way they handle the stage, it makes me think, `How could they not? cheapjerseysforsale .Y. -- Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse have another World Cup gold medal after winning the two-women bobsled race on Saturday in Lake Placid, N. http://www.cheapjerseysforsale.net/ . Dallas hasnt ruled out the star quarterback for Sunday nights game against Philadelphia, but all signs point to Romos back injury pushing Kyle Orton into the starting role after two years of limited play as the backup. Surely Ortons name isnt the first that comes to mind for fans wanting a change after years of damaging interceptions, fumbles or, most infamously, the field goal flub when Romo dropped the snap on a kick that could have won his first playoff game in 2006. http://www.cheapjerseysforsale.net/ . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. www.cheapjerseys forsale .net . PETERSBURG, Fla. cheapjerseysforsale.net .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Never be dead.Thats been Canberras mantra this season and they lived by it on Sunday at GIO Stadium, staging one of the NRLs greatest escapes to beat Newcastle 29-25 in golden point.A miraculous Jordan Rapana try was the difference and puts his side on the brink of the top four.Down 22-0 just before halftime, the Raiders looked destined for an unthinkable loss to the competition cellar-dwellers.But four unanswered tries - including a double to skipper Jarrod Croker - in regular time set them up for a grandstand finish in front of 9,731 fans.Locked up at 24-all, five-eighth Blake Austin kicked what looked to be the match-winning field goal inside the final 90 seconds.But Trent Hodkinson replied moments later with a successful attempt of his own after the Knights regained possession from a short kick-off to send the game to golden point.Its the second time this season the teams have played beyond the 80 minutes, having drawn 24-24 in round three.On that occasion there were seven missed attempts at a field goal, but there were only five on Sunday.The last wayward kick was by Austin, on which Rapana - who earlier jarred his shoulder - somehow pounced to score and seal the victory.Theyre the little pieces off play that make or break teams, coach Ricky Stuart said.dddddddddddd.I missed it to be quite honest. After we missed the field goal I think I was abusing somebody. But it was just wonderful to get that feeling.Stuart lauded his sides tenacity in the first half, when Rapana (shoulder), Croker (concussion) and man mountain Shannon Boyd (knee) all came off hurt.None of the injuries appear to be serious.Theyre a very, very tough and resilient bunch of players that Im very fortunate to be coach of, he said.Ive had media talk to me all week about complacency - its not in the joint.Croker said the team had been in similar situations before and constantly spoke about hanging tough.Its not an ideal situation to be in, but we talk about having pride in the jersey, we talk about never being dead and we showed that today, he added.It was the Raiders fifth win in the past five games and puts them just one point outside the top four.For the last-placed Knights it marks their 10th successive loss. Theyll have a much-needed bye next week while the Raiders host North Queensland next Monday. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen