Image and video hosting by TinyPic

e City. Rimando appears to be the

in
Über uns
10.09.2018 15:48
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Mariners left-hander Wade Miley paid a heavy price for putting a foot wrong against Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion.J.A. Happ and three relievers combined on a one-hitter, Encarnacion hit a solo home run and Toronto Blue Jays beat Seattle 2-0 on Sunday, avoiding a three-game sweep.Miley (6-8) lost his sixth straight decision, allowing two runs and four hits in six innings.Something to build off, keep going in the right direction, Miley said. I felt like I wasnt quite as sharp as in my last outing, but I was able to make some pitches and get out of most of the jams.Miley intended to throw a pitch up and away when facing Encarnacion with two outs in the fourth, but his landing foot slipped on the mound.I didnt think I was going to be able to throw it anywhere near the plate when it happened, Miley said. Of course it went right down the middle.Miley has allowed two earned runs or fewer in 12 of 18 starts this season.I thought Wade Miley threw the ball very well, Mariners manager Scott Servais said. He made a mistake on the home run ball. Other than that it was a well-pitched game.Happ (13-3) won his seventh straight decision and surpassed the 12 wins he had for Philadelphia in 2009.All over baseball there probably hasnt been a more consistent starter, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. Hes a better pitcher than hes ever been. Hes having a tremendous season.Happ allowed Seattles lone hit, a single by Leonys Martin in the third. He matched a season-high with four walks and struck out six.I wasnt the best with strike one today, but I stayed in there, Happ said. As the game went on I got a little better getting ahead of guys, definitely.Brett Cecil worked the seventh, Jason Grilli pitched the eighth and Roberto Osuna finished for his 20th save.The shutout was Torontos sixth. The Blue Jays won for the first time in 24 games when scoring two runs or fewer.Happ made 21 appearances for the Mariners last season before being traded to Pittsburgh, but familiarity with the left-hander wasnt much help to Seattles hitters.We had some good at-bats, but he did enough to keep us off the board, catcher Mike Zunino said. When hes on, hes a tough guy to get to.Seattle lost for the first time in seven meetings with AL East opponents. The Mariners are 15-7 against the East.GRIFFEY GETS COOPERSTOWN CALLMariners great Ken Griffey Jr. was inducted into the Hall of Fame on Sunday afternoon. The first No. 1 draft pick to enshrined, Griffey played 22 big league seasons with Seattle, Cincinnati and the Chicago White Sox. A 13-time All-Star selection and 10-time Gold Glove Award winner, Griffey hit 630 home runs, sixth all-time, and drove in 1,836 runs.FROM HIGH TO LOWThe Mariners matched a season high with 19 hits in Saturdays 14-5. On Sunday, they matched their season low.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: Franklin Gutierrez (sore neck) was scratched from the DH spot and replaced by Chris Iannetta.Blue Jays: C Russell Martin (left knee) sat out for the third straight game. Martin has not played since injuring his knee after he passed out in the shower following an extended spell in the sauna last Thursday.UP NEXTMariners: Seattle is off Monday before opening a two-game series at Pittsburgh on Tuesday. RHP Felix Hernandez (4-4, 3.23) starts for the Mariners. Hernandez allowed five runs in a July 20 game against the White Sox, his first since missing almost two months with a strained right calf. LHP Francisco Liriano (6-9, 4.96) starts for the Pirates.Blue Jays: RHP Aaron Sanchez (10-1, 2.87) starts the opener of a three-game series against San Diego on Monday. Sanchez has won nine straight decisions and is unbeaten since April 22 against Oakland. RHP Colin Rea (5-4, 5.01) starts for the Padres, who are making their first visit to Toronto. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. Cheap Chicago White Sox Jerseys . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. http://www.jerseyscheapmlb.com/ . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. Cheap Jerseys From China . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. Wholesale MLB Jerseys . Barcelona also left injured defenders Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba out of its squad for the trip to Glasgow. That means that Marc Bartra will probably start again in the centre of the defence alongside Gerard Pique. NEW YORK -- Jurgen Klinsmann envisions Landon Donovan returning to the U.S. national team. Hes just not sure when. Back with the Los Angeles Galaxy following a four-month sabbatical, Donovan was bypassed for the American roster for three World Cup qualifiers next month. Klinsmann wont commit to recalling the 31-year-old midfielder for a pair of qualifiers in September. Donovan might be selected for the CONCACAF Gold Cup in July, when most of the Americans with European clubs will be given time off from the national team. "Well simply take it week by week and month by month," Klinsmann said during a telephone conference call Friday, one day after announcing his 29-man roster. A veteran of three World Cups, Donovan has appeared for the national team 144 times and is the American career scoring leader with 49 goals. Because of injuries, illness and the time off, Donovan has played in just eight of 25 games since Klinsmann replaced Bob Bradley as the U.S. coach in July 2011. Klinsmann has monitored Donovans play with the Galaxy. He has two goals and three assists in six league games since his return on March 30. "Ive seen him kind of catching up. Ive seen him getting a rhythm, getting more games in," Klinsmann said. "I dont see him ready yet to come back in our group, and on the other hand I see guys in our group that are ahead of him in his position or in the different positions he can play at." Seeking their seventh straight World Cup berth, the Americans have exhibitions against Belgium on May 29 in Cleveland, and Germany on June 2 in Washington, D.C., ahead of three qualifiers: at Jamaica on June 7, against Panama four days later in Seattle and versus Honduras on June 18 in Salt Lake City. The United States (1-1-1) is third in the six-nation final round of qualifying in North and Central America and the Caribbean with four points, one behind Panama (1-0-2) and trailing Costa Rica (1-1-1) on goal difference. Honduras (1-1-1) is behind the U.S. on goal difference, while Mexico (0-0-3) has three points and Jamaica (0-1-2) two. The top three nations qualify for next years tournament in Brazil, and the No. 4 team faces Oceania champion New Zealand in a home-and-home playoff for another berth. Even though Carlos Bocanegra has started seven straight games for Racing Santander in Spains second division after a benching of nearly two months, the former U.S. captain was bypassed by Klinsmann.dddddddddddd The coach said Bocanegra has dropped behind Omar Gonzalez, Geoff Cameron, Clarence Goodson and Matt Besler at central defender. "I clearly see Carlos only as a centre back in our roster. I dont see him as a left back, and there we are fully loaded," Klinsmann said. While Michael Parkhursts only games for Augsburg this year were on Feb. 10 and 16, he provides Klinsmann with cover at outside back. Klinsmann does have concern over Parkhurst and midfielder Brek Shea, limited to two substitute appearances with Stoke this year and none at all since March 10. "When players choose to go overseas and challenge themselves, then Im happy with it, but at the same time they need to also break through in Europe or otherwise they will struggle getting back into our picture," Klinsmann said. "An example certainly is Brek Shea. He wanted badly to go there and now didnt get his playing time. So hes kind of on the worst. He needs to figure out how he wants to continue his career." NOTES: While players will start to report to Cleveland on May 26, Roma MF Michael Bradley arrives May 30 after the Italian Cup final against Lazio. Tijuana D Edgar Castillo and MF Joe Corona also are due in May 30 after their Copa Libertadores quarterfinal against Brazils Atletico Mineiro. It is not clear when Santos Laguna F Herculez Gomez, Hoffenheim D Fabian Johnson and MF Danny Williams and Parkhurst will be able to report because of their club commitments. Williams, who hasnt played since March 30, has recovered from injuries and has been training for two weeks, according to Klinsmann. ... MLS players will stay with their teams for games May 26-27 before reporting. ... With Tim Howard the starter in goal and Brad Guzan his backup, Klinsmann will rotate his No. 3 goalkeepers, with Chicagos Sean Johnson in Cleveland, D.C. Uniteds Bill Hamid in Washington, Houstons Toby Hall in Jamaica and Salt Lakes Nick Rimando in Portland and Salt Lake City. Rimando appears to be the U.S. starter for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, which has gained in importance because the winner will play the 2015 Gold Cup champion for a berth in the 2017 Confederations Cup in Russia. ... Klinsmann might invite Aron Johannsson, a teammate of Jozy Altidore on AZ Alkmaar, for his Gold Cup roster, but the 22-year-old forward also is eligible for Iceland and has played for Icelands Under-21 team. 21:52ET 17-05-13 Cheap Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Gear Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale NFL White Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen