Image and video hosting by TinyPic

w. There is no fear of getting out.I was so dejected after the

in
Über uns
18.09.2018 12:37
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

BALTIMORE-- Health issues continue to plague both the Baltimore Orioles and the Cleveland Indians heading into the middle game of their three-game series on Saturday night.The Indians put pitcher Joe Colon on the disabled list Friday due to right shoulder inflammation -- retroactive to July 15 -- and recalled Cody Anderson. He had been sent back to Triple-A Columbus just five days ago and threw 1 1/3 shutout innings in Fridays loss.Lonnie Chisenhall got scratched from Fridays starting lineup due to a flu/virus. Manager Terry Francona said pre-game that he was unsure how long the outfielder might be sidelined although the skipper put him in to pinch-hit in the ninth before pulling him when the Orioles brought in left-hander Zach Britton.Pitcher Zach McAllister has been on the disabled list since July 7, and Francona said Friday that hell throw a side session Saturday and go again Monday. After that, the Indians will evaluate the situation.And outfielder Michael Brantley underwent an outpatient procedure to relieve scar tissue buildup in his shoulder, the Indians said on Twitter Friday. Trainer James Quinlan said doctors were happy with what they saw, and Brantley -- on the 60-day disabled list since May 14 with shoulder inflammation -- could re-start baseball activities next week.Third baseman Juan Uribe then left in the seventh after Odrisamer Despaigne hit him in the helmet with a pitch. Uribe had a head contusion and is listed as day-to-day.The heat in Baltimore isnt going to be helping much with the temperature expected to be in the mid-to-high 90s throughout the weekend.Its pretty hot pretty much everywhere, Francona said. We want our guys to be prepared but we dont want to leave it on the field before the game so weve tried to minimize (on things).For the Indians, Josh Tomlin (10-2, 3.34) gets the start Saturday, going against Kevin Gausman (1-7, 4.05). Tomlin is 6-0 in road games this season and has no record in two starts versus American League East Division teams.Gausman has pitched well several times despite his record. The Orioles simply have not scored much when he pitches, posting three runs or fewer in 10 of his 16 starts.The Orioles lost another player due to injury Friday as outfielder Joey Rickard went on the 15-day disabled list with a ligament injury in his right thumb.Dariel Alvarez was recalled from Triple-A Norfolk to replace Rickard, who manager Buck Showalter said will be out about four-to-six weeks. They hope hell return in September.Showalter also said catcher Matt Wieters, out for the past four games with a sore foot, is close to coming back. He was available in Fridays game, if needed. Adam Jones returned to the lineup after missing Thursdays contest with the Yankees while recovering from back spasms.Set-up man Darren ODay, out since June 3 with a right hamstring strain, also could return in the next few days, if all goes well. He pitched at Double-A Bowie Friday and fared well.Hamstring issues also put Hyun Soo Kim on the disabled list but he fared well in work on Friday, and Showalter said the outfield could return in a few days. In addition, theres the bad stomach virus thats working its way through the Oriole clubhouse in recent days. Nothing new there for now.With all these medical issues, the Orioles certainly were glad to return home. Baltimore has played just three games at Camden Yards since June 26.Going to Fenway Park and Toronto and Yankee Stadiums a challenge for a lot of reasons, Showalter said. To have that comfort of going to place that youre comfortable in and you know that people are going to be on your side, that means a lot to us. I dont know how to phrase it but it feels good to be home. Clearance Grey Adidas NMD 2018 . Instead of dwelling on the negative, Oates focused on what was good about the clubs recent play. It worked. Clearacne Adidas NMD 2018 . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury. http://www.cheapadidasnmdclearance.com/ .C. at the helm of the top team in the Eastern Conference. His tenure as the GM in Vancouver was all too brief. Though he led the Canucks to what was then a franchise record-shattering campaign in just his second season, Nonis was gone and replaced one year later. Clearance Black Adidas NMD 2018 . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. Buy Adidas NMD 2018 Shoes . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. Abhinav Mukund last played a Test match more than five years ago. Five years is a long time - governments change, inflation pinches, and new fads are born. Five years is a particularly long time in sport. Abhinav has risen, fallen and risen again in that time.He began the 2016-17 domestic season with 77 and 169 in Indias first-class debut with the pink ball, and then went on to smash 91 and 82 not out in the semi-final and final of the inaugural Tamil Nadu Premier League T20 tournament to help Tuti Patriots clinch the title. A few weeks later, he scored a fifty and two centuries in the first three matches of the Ranji Trophy. His recent numbers and markedly relaxed approach, however, were a world away from his struggles in the last few years.In 2012-13 he was, in his own words, at an all-time low. He wanted to give up the game. He didnt even want to watch cricket. Abhinav does not call it depression, but rather a case of wanting something too badly. It reflected in his performance - his average dipped from nearly 73 in the previous Ranji Trophy season to under 30.I think I was caught in a mix of trying to get back [into the Indian team] constantly, he says. To be honest, till I played for the country, I wanted to play for the country, but never played for that. I always played to perform, I always played to win each game and do well for my team in each game. My expectations changed of myself.The 2012-13 season was a complete blur. I had played about 60-odd games in 2011-12, and had scored a 154 in the Irani Trophy and a double hundred in the Ranji. Yet, I was left out of the Indian team. After the 2012 season, I was also left out of the IPL. So, it was all a big hit on the head.In 2013, things appeared to look up for Abhinav when Derbyshire showed interest in signing him. He was even given a contract, but the signing did not take place eventually because of a miscommunication. Abhinav tried to get over the disappointment by relentlessly working on his batting; he altered his trigger movement and made a few other technical changes, but they didnt work for him.I think the mistakes - if I look back at it I wouldnt call it a mistake, Id still call it learning - cropped up because I wanted to do well so badly. I wanted to refine my technique to be the most perfect batsman. Then again, thats a process every cricketer goes through - learning and unlearning.Things continued to go downhill, as Abhinav was dropped from Tamil Nadus side for the Vijay Hazare Trophy, the domestic 50-overs tournament. He says there were people saying things behind his back, but he didnt take it personally. It is an insecure world when you dont perform. Even in a corporate job, they will chuck you out, he says. People will see you as a baggage because you have played for your country and you are not doing anything for your state. There were so many times I wanted to quit. I didnt quite enjoy what I was doing. I even told my family about it.Abhinavs family and friends, however, didnt push him any harder and instead allowed him the space to look inwards. For two months in 2014, Abhinav didnt even pick up his bat. Instead, he binged on movies, took up surfing lessons and even learnt a foreign language.Abhinav says his father, TS Mukund, a former cricketer himself, was his biggest sounding board at that time. Unlike what everyone else in the city thinks - that my father drives me to play the game - its in fact the other way around, he says. My dad and mom obviously want their son to be a great cricketer, but more than that they want to see their kid happy. Thankfully I didnt get into any sort of bad habits because I had a core group around me - my friends and parents.It was around that time that Abhinav received an offer to play club cricket for Loughborough Town CC in Leicestershire. Like every club cricketer, he had to remain self-dependent while playing as a professional; the experience gave him a completely new outlook on life and cricket.There they play cricket for fun. Thats a concept that doesnt exist in our country. They play cricket during the weekends to relax, he says. I had to do everything by myself - I had to drive, I had to arrange for my own net bowlers, roll the wicket, pull the ropes for the ground and pull the sightscreen. During some games it would be raining, but wwe would still play on.dddddddddddd I think as a lot [in India] we have been so pampered by how we should be careful in such conditions.Sometimes, when you went out there, half the wicket would be damp, the other half would be good for batting. There is no room for complaining. Even though the cricketing standards werent great, it was good for me as an all-round cricketer. I think thats what got me through that season.When Abhinav returned, he found himself captaining the Tamil Nadu side midway through the Ranji Trophy in 2014-15. He also found form to score 858 runs at an average of 45.15 and led Tamil Nadu to the final. Even when most people within Tamil Nadus cricket circle werent aware of what Abhinav was going through, WV Raman, the states coach at the time, always listened.Both times when I was struggling for form - in 2009 and then recently - I was lucky to have him around, Abhinav says. I have always felt he used to take a lot of pressure from external sources and protect the younger players from it. He would never give me any sort of bullshit, which is something I always appreciate. We had a lot of arguments about my technique. I could tell him that I wasnt comfortable with it.Even as captain, we used to have arguments about a certain player, but at the end of the day he would give me the player I wanted. A lot of people think he is extremely short tempered, but I genuinely feel hes a reasonable man.Rather than being bogged down by captaincy, the cricket junkie in Abhinav relished the opportunity. I constantly watch every single game on television. I love looking at a batsman and thinking how can I get him out, where can I keep a field for him or what bowler I bowl to him.Being privy to the insecurities of so many players was also an eye-opener as captain. I am actually proud to say I helped a few players along their way. I dont think Vijay Shankar started his career well, I dont think [Baba] Indrajith started his career too well. [Baba] Aparajith was already established, but was still struggling in the scene a little bit. I faced a lot of pressure from the management to drop players because they werent performing, but I still backed them. In recent times, Abhinav realised he needed to do more to attain the fitness levels required of elite athletes. He subsequently trained for three months this summer under the guidance of the India teams trainer, Shankar Basu, and brought his fat percentage down to 16. He has continued to stay off rice and substituted it with quinoa. I really worked my ass off, he says. I did some power work, I did a lot of running on the ground. I had a mobile app with which I used to count every single gram of protein I had each day.Until a few years ago, Abhinav would reward himself every time he scored a hundred. He has revived that habit again. I feel I am in a good space physically and mentally right now. There is no fear of getting out.I was so dejected after the first innings of Duleep Trophy. I got a 77, I wanted to get a hundred. Thats something that gives me joy. Thats something I used to do before I got selected into the Indian team. Maybe I got too casual that I was getting hundreds so easily. So, I started gifting myself in February.As Abhinav steps into his tenth year of domestic cricket, it is easy to mistake him for someone older than 26 and, thereby over the hill especially when it comes to international cricket. Abhinav feels such perceptions are unfair, but he cant do much about them. I am not saying I am the most competent batsman around, but I have worked really hard to be constantly playing the Duleep Trophy and A tours. Thats a lot down to the selectors as well because they are constantly looking at me. I dont want to talk much about India selection because its not in my hands.Abhinav is grateful for how things have fallen in place, and doesnt want to put undue pressure on himself like in the past. I just want to be one of the best players I can be, he says. I dont want to look at numbers. I have done that in the past, but not anymore. This is the happiest I have been in a long time, and I just want to continue enjoying the game like tomorrow is the last day I am playing. Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys Throwback NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys NFL T-shirts From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen