Image and video hosting by TinyPic

hinacheap.com/]MLB Jerseys China[/

in
Über uns
30.10.2018 00:24
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Andrew White III began his career at Kansas, then transferred to Nebraska and redshirted a year before playing another, only to wind up at Syracuse to finish off his unique college basketball odyssey.All that moving around hardly makes him unique, though.Its more like the new norm.More than 700 players on Division I rosters swapped schools last season, many taking advantage of fifth-year transfer rules that allow them to play immediately. The number could swell to more than 800 by the time this season begins next week. And that has coaches and administrators at every level concerned about the long-term effect on the health and popularity of the sport.I do think its a big-time problem in college basketball. Its a problem in college athletics, said Kansas coach Bill Self, who has three transfers from four-year schools on his current roster. But I also think its a societal problem because how many kids now, if you dont play on your high school team, whats the first thing you do? You switch schools. It happens in football and other sports, too.I mean, wed like for it to be tightened up, where theres less transfers and hopefully that will be the case. But I dont know what the answer is for that.Thats the biggest problem: Nobody seems to know.In interviews with more nearly two dozen coaches and officials, including four conference commissioners, the only consensus was that the transfer epidemic is a problem striking college basketball to its core.The numbers concern me, ACC commissioner John Swofford said. But within those numbers, you have to understand there are sometimes very good reasons to transfer that are beyond just playing time. Some of it is societal in nature, in which its instant-gratification syndrome of, If Im not playing immediately and not playing a big role, Im going somewhere else. Thats indicative of a larger issue beyond basketball.Swofford said the days of kids waiting their turn are a quaint construct of yesteryear. Now, everybody wants to get on the floor right away, and theyre willing to uproot if thats what it takes.My concern is more about the academic part of it as much as anything, and how much can you bounce around and truly receive the kind of education that youd want, Swofford said. But again, its hard to lump that all into one bag. There is a lot going on.Transfers are more pervasive in college basketball for a number of reasons.First, the game is largely the same regardless of where you go. Teams run different offenses, coaches utilize different systems and defenses vary from school to school. But its not like football, where a player who transfers has to learn hundreds of complicated plays in a condensed time period.That makes it easy for a player to get up to speed quickly.Another reason is numbers: There are only five guys on the floor at a time, and only 200 minutes to go around per game. Compare that to football, where an offense will run about 80 plays and there are 11 guys on the field at a time, not to mention opportunities to play on special teams.We need coaches to be frank on the front end, what their program is about, Belmont coach Rick Byrd said, and then we need kids when they make their decision to stay there and not hop around looking for the next best thing because they didnt play 38 minutes a game as a freshman.The NCAA is continually examining the issue through its committee on academics but has so far stood pat. And that is particularly troubling for mid-major coaches like Byrd when it comes to the fifth-year transfer rule, which allows athletes who have graduated to play immediately somewhere else.That rule has turned some mid-major programs into de facto minor leagues.Most coaches are in favor of eliminating the rule, which would mean those players would have to redshirt a year just like any other transfer. Other ideas to curb the number of transfers include a cap on the number of schools where an athlete can play, and rules that limit where an athlete transferring can go.Im heartened by the fact that the NCAA continues to look at transfer issues, Ohio Valley commissioner Beth DeBauche said, because theyre very complex.Now, there are cases where transfers are best for everybody involved: coaching changes, players deciding they want to play closer to home, academics and many other issues that can pop up over the years.Then there are the benefits to playing in different places.Making two moves, its kind of kept me on my toes, White said. Ive seen different staffs, different leagues. Ive experienced a lot of basketball up to this point and its helped me with my overall confidence.As far as my Kansas experience, got to see a blue-blood, elite-level program. Got to win a couple of rings. Then Nebraska, obviously a sports town, Big Ten is a great basketball league. I got to play a big role and do some big things and learned a lot from that staff. And then you come here and you learn from one of the greatest coaches (at Syracuse), White said. Its been good for my well-being as a man and as a player.Indeed, the Orange might best encapsulate the trend. Jim Boeheim had a handful of transfers in his first 40 years as their coach. Hell have three in the lineup this year.Transfers that weve taken have been very impactful to our program, Boeheim said. We havent taken that many, but the guys that we have taken are very impactful.As for the transfer outlook for college basketball?Its here to stay now, Boeheim said. So if you need a guy you cant get a freshman to help you, if you can get a guy that has started for two or three years, that would bring something to enhance recruiting. Jake Elliott Jersey . Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. Wendell Smallwood Jersey . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. http://www.cheapeaglesjerseyssale.com/?tag=seth-joyner-jersey-sale . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. D.J. Alexander Jersey . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. Chuck Bednarik Jersey . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said. BLACKSBURG, Va. -- BLACKSBURG, Va. -- When asked to give an assessment of his hot shooting Tuesday night, Ahmed Hill described a feeling that every basketball player desires.I didnt really have to aim, Hill said.Hill scored a career-high 20 points to lead Virginia Tech to a 99-73 victory over High Point.Hill missed last season with a knee injury, but in the second game of his return, he hit 7 of 12 from the floor and connected on a career-high six 3-pointers for the Hokies (2-0), who never trailed and hit 12 3-pointers. Seth Allen added 17 points.Andre Fox paced High Point (1-1) with a career-high 23 points.Virginia Tech blitzed the Panthers right from the opening tip. The Hokies made 14 of their first 15 shots, including six 3-pointers in racing to a 24-point lead less than nine minutes into the game. Hill hit half of his 3-pointers in that stretch.I dont know that I could have necessarily predicted his field-goal percentage and things of that nature, Virginia Tech coach Buzz Williams said of Hill, who is shooting 52.9 percent (9 of 17) from beyond the 3-point arc this season. He holds himself to an incredibly high standard, and his work ethic is superb.High Point had no answer for the Hokies on the perimeter, as Hill and Allen combined for 25 of the Hokies 60 first-half points. Virginia Tech shot 71.9 percent (23 of 32) in the first half and hit eight 3s. The Hokies shot 56.1 percent for the game (37 of 66).We had a game plan, but we didnt execute it very well, High Point coach Scott Cherry said. We had to help too much and gave them good looks. They had wide-open ones. Give them a lot of credit. They made them.BIG PICTUREHigh Point: The Panthers will need better games from Anthonyy Lindauer -- one of just three seniors on the roster.dddddddddddd He scored just four points after scoring 16 in the season opener for a High Point team that features seven newcomers.Virginia Tech: With Kerry Blackshear Jr. sidelined with a lower leg injury, the Hokies are searching for help in the post, and freshman Khadim Sy may be the answer. Sy scored 14 points and grabbed six rebounds.MORE ON HILLS BIG NIGHTHill was a 3-pointer away from tying the single-game school record held by teammate Justin Bibbs. He also set career highs in field goals made and 3-pointers attempted.I was comfortable coming into the season, but Im still shocked that Im playing this way, he said.MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTIONThe Hokies are preparing for a 10-day trip to the West Coast that has them playing three games in the Wooden Legacy tournament in California and then a game in Michigan as part of the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. After a somewhat lackluster performance in the opener, Virginia Tech took a step forward, according to Williams, whose team leaves Monday.I didnt think we were bad in game 1, but I thought we were trying to justify too much of our inadequacies and playing it on, `Well, it was game 1, he said. We need to hurry up . and take the next step. I thought, for sure, we did that.UP NEXTHigh Point returns home to play in the High Point University Classic. The Panthers play three games in three days, starting with UNC Greensboro on Friday.Virginia Tech will be looking to go 3-0 to open the season for the first time since 2012 when it takes on VMI at home on Saturday. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen