Image and video hosting by TinyPic

url] [url=http://www.cheapdolphinsjersey.com

in
Über uns
03.12.2018 05:57
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Bud Norris never started a game against Los Angeles prior to this season. After three outings this year, the Angels have seen more than enough of the Houston Astros right-hander. Norris dominated the Angels high-priced lineup again with six innings of four-hit ball and Chris Carter hit a two-run homer in the seventh against Jerome Williams, leading the Astros to a 2-0 victory on Saturday night. "Theyre a great ballclub over there. You know whos in that lineup, and you know youve got to make good pitches," Norris said. "So the only way to play it is to just take the challenge." Norris (5-4) struck out six, walked three and escaped a bases-loaded jam in the sixth to end a three-start winless stretch that includes a six-inning scoreless outing against Kansas City that resulted in a no-decision. "Every time he pitches against us hes got his A stuff," Angels centre fielder Mike Trout said. "He was hitting his spots early and locating, and his secondary pitches were good. It was one of those nights. We see him good. I mean, we hit a couple of balls hard and had our opportunities, but it just didnt go our way tonight." Norris became the first starting pitcher to beat the Angels three times before the All-Star break since 2001, when Oaklands Tim Hudson, Seattles Freddy Garcia and Texas Darren Oliver all did it. On April 12 at the "Big A," Norris allowed three hits over seven innings in a 5-0 victory. On May 8, he gave up a run and nine hits through eight innings en route to a 3-1 decision at Houston. "Im sure theyre going to figure out some things about me soon" he said. "But Ive got to stick to my strengths and keep doing what Im doing because its been working so far." Rookie Jose Cisnero pitched two innings and Jose Veras got three outs for his 10th save in 13 attempts, helping extend Houstons winning streak to a season-high four games. Its their longest since a four-game stretch May last year. "This group has come together," Norris said. "Day in and day out, these guys are picking each other up -- from the bullpen to the bench players -- and the coaching staff has pushed that out of us. Everybody is picking up their end of the bargain, and its been pretty good to see." Williams (4-2) held Houston to just three hits over seven innings and struck out six, after going 3-0 with a 2.03 ERA in his previous four starts. Carlos Pena, the only Houston player to have batted against Williams in a regular-season game prior to Saturday, led off the Astros second with a double and was stranded at third when Matt Dominguez flied out. The Astros didnt get another hit until the seventh, when J.D. Martinez singled with one out and Carter drove a first-pitch homer into the upper tier of the left field bullpen with two out for his 11th homer. "I played with him a few years ago in Triple-A, so I know he pretty much throws anything and everything," Carter said. "My first two at-bats he threw cutters and two-seamers and kept me off-balance. The next time I came up with the approach that anything that was up in the zone I was going to swing at." Trout doubled in the first, but was stranded as Albert Pujols took a called third strike and Mark Trumbo also struck out. Trout doubled again with one out in the sixth, and was picked off by Norris with a 1-0 count on Pujols. The Angels then loaded the bases with walks to Pujols and Trumbo and an infield hit by Josh Hamilton. But Norris struck out Howie Kendrick, who is batting .227 lifetime in those situations and is 1 for 7 this season. "Weve seen enough of him," manager Mike Scioscia said of Norris. "It seems every time we see him he still is able to use that breaking ball when he needs it, and tonight his velocity was good. We just didnt hit too many balls hard off him. We had a couple infield hits, but he got tough with guys in scoring position." Trout had a chance to get the Angels back in the game in the seventh, but grounded out to third with two men on after Erick Aybar kept the inning alive with a bunt single. He came up again in the ninth with runners at the corners and grounded into a force play to end it. Trout has only three RBIs in 45 at-bats over his last 11 games since May 21, when he drove in five runs against Seattle and became the youngest player in AL history to hit for the cycle. NOTES: Norris is the first pitcher to get three victories against the Angels in their first 56 games of a season since May 1968, when Minnesota reliever Ron Perranoski was the pitcher of record three times in a four-day span. ... Five of Houstons 19 victories have come against the Angels. ... Angels OF Peter Bourjos, sidelined since April 30 because of a left hamstring strain, is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment on Monday with Class-A Inland Empire before switching to Triple-A Salt Lake. ... Norris has made 177 starts in professional ball without pitching a complete game, including 109 in the big leagues. Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. Authentic Nike Soccer Jerseys . The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona. http://www.cheapjerseysnike.com/ . 9. Price, heading to the 2014 Olympics for Canada, was named the First Star after posting wins in three starts with a 1.00 goals-against average and a .971 save percentage. Cheap Nike College Jerseys . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpool, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off. Heavyweight boxing is in a confusing -- some say messy -- state, but not everyone is complaining.When Tyson Fury imploded, so did the heavyweight division and two of the four versions of the world title are vacant.Briton Fury (25-0, 18 KOs), 28, is currently inactive and receiving treatment for mental health related problems after twice pulling out of a rematch with Wladimir Klitschko, who he beat a year ago.Fury relinquished the WBA and WBO belts while WBC champion Deontay Wilder (37-0, 36 KOs), 31, is currently injured and not expected to return until next spring.IBF champion Anthony Joshuas December 10 defence against American Eric Molina, which was hastily arranged after Klitschko decided not to fight the Briton on that date, has been criticised by fans as a mismatch.Fury, who became the lineal champion and holder of three world title belts (IBF, WBA and WBO) by out-pointing Klitschko, also caused a storm by offensive comments while champion before then testing positive for cocaine use.After the controversies, postponements, positive drugs tests and disappearing champions, the heavyweight division is in a state of flux.But has is all been so bad for boxing? It depends who you ask.I think its terrible for boxing what has happened with the titles, Mick Hennessy, Furys promoter, told ESPN.Tyson did something unique and very special by becoming lineal champion and ending Klitschkos reign. That was what was needed for the sport, something fresh. All the belts were together except one.For a period it really lifted heavyweight boxing. What is going on now is ridiculous. Everyone is scrambling around trying to get their hands on titles that they dont deserve.It degrades the value of the titles. People are calling Anthony Joshua a world champion but hes not a world champion. Others will be sold as world champions, but they arent. The public need to know they arent proper world champions. Only Deontay Wilder is a legitimate champion like Tyson was.Tyson isnt boxing at the moment but as far as Im concerned hes still the man. Until Tyson retires no one can say hes not the best.Hennessy expects Fury to box again in 2017.Its day by day, were not going to predict it [when Fury will box again] but I think he will when the time is right because its in his blood, Hennessy said.Its something that he loves and if he finds that love and when things are right, he will be unstoppable.The only person who can stop him is himself, none of these other fighters who are fighting for titles now.But for Joshua, the splintering of the title belts gives him a chance to strengthen his position. The 2012 Olympic gold medallist is set to dispute the vacant WBA super world title with Ukraines Klitschko -- providing he beats Molina -- in the spring, with Cardiffs Principality Stadium being considered as a venue.Joshua (17-0, 17 KOs), 27, only got to fight for the IBF title because it became vacant after Fury had won it from 40-year-old Klitschko (64-4, 54 KOs), who had ruled for nine and a half years. By agreeing to face Klitschko in a rematch instead of facing the IBFs mandatory challenger, Fury was quickly stripped of the IBF belt.Tyson Fury has done really well for the division, said Joshua.The fracturing of the heavyweight belts has also been good news for those wishing to get a crack at world titles.When three of the four worldd titles were in the hands of Klitschko, who most years has only boxed twice, it limited the chances of contenders getting the chance to challenge for the belts.dddddddddddd.Now, with at least three (four if you include the WBA regular title) world heavyweight champions next year, more will have a shot at global glory than in the days when Wladimir and brother Vitali held all four belts between them.Its all over the place in the heavyweight division right now, heavyweight contender David Price told ESPN. Thats maybe not good for the fans but its better than having just one champion for the boxers because we can be involved in bigger fights.It was locked down for years by the Klitschkos. You had to become a mandatory challenger for one of their belts or be a safe voluntary defence. Then Tyson Fury changed all that.Theres so much going on with the titles at the moment, the WBA is all over the place, and I just wish it had happened four years ago when I was British champion. Now Im not in the best of positions.Anthony Joshua has been so fortunate the way things have fallen into place for him.Price (21-3, 18 KOs) was overlooked as an opponent to challenge his fellow Briton Joshua on December 10 but is hopeful of a world title shot in 2017.Im ranked with the IBF [12] and WBO [11] and I want the quickest and easiest route to a title, it doesnt make sense to take the toughest route. The WBO have got a vacant title so maybe that is a route for me, Price said.I was supposed to fight Joseph Parker on this show on December 10 but that fell through and then I was supposed to fight Eric Molina on that date. Now Parker is boxing off for the vacant belt against Andy Ruiz.Las Vegas-based Parker (21-0, 18 KOs) will fight Mexican Ruiz Jr (29-0, 19 KOs) for the vacant WBO belt in his homeland of New Zealand on the same date as Joshua-Molina.David Haye (28-2, 26 KOs), the former WBA champion, lies in the wait for the winner of Parker-Ruiz, according to the WBO. Haye, 36, has also been linked to a fight against Russian Alexander Ustinov (33-1, 24 KOs), 39, for the fringe WBA interim title but the Briton has yet to announce his next fight after two easy wins earlier this year which ended an exile of three and a half years.The WBAs regular world title is also vacant and will be contested by Australian Lucas Browne (24-0, 21 KOs) -- banned earlier this year after testing positive for a banned substance -- and American veteran Shannon Briggs (60-6-1, 53 KOs), who at 44 is seven years older than Browne.Among the others scrambling to get a title shot is Florida-based Cuban Luis Ortiz (25-0, 22 KOs), who was recently stripped of the WBA interim title for failing to fight Ustinov next but this weekend hopes to put himself back in contention.The 37-year-old -- known as King Kong -- has his first fight after signing a deal with Joshuas promoter Eddie Hearn on Saturday when he faces American Malik Scott (38-2-1, 13 KOs) at the Salle des Etoiles in Monte-Carlo.I think Fury was able to shake up the heavyweight division and because of him, the division is now one of the most exciting divisions to watch, said Ortiz.I just want to get the opportunity to face him, or Wilder, to prove I am a champion as well. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen