Image and video hosting by TinyPic

VANCOUVER -- For at least a few hours, the Vancouver Whitecaps could put the Camilo Sanvezzo saga aside. [url=http://www.soccerm

in
Über uns
22.02.2018 03:48
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

VANCOUVER -- For at least a few hours, the Vancouver Whitecaps could put the Camilo Sanvezzo saga aside. Candido Ramirez Jersey . As their best player continued to orchestrate his dramatic exit from the club, the Whitecaps added size and creativity at Thursdays Major League Soccer SuperDraft. Vancouver had two picks in the first seven, selecting defender Christian Dean at No. 3 before taking midfielder Andre Lewis at No. 7. "Being selected is a dream come true," said Dean. "Especially a team on the West Coast, growing up in California ... (Vancouver is) close to home." Hearing a player actually wanting to be at the club should come as welcome news for fans of the Whitecaps, who are now resigned to the fact that Sanvezzo -- the 2013 MLS Golden Boot winner -- will be sold to a Mexican team after forcing Vancouvers hand. And its not only Dean who is happy about his new team. "My mom is ecstatic," he added. "I think shes happier than I am." The 20-year-old from East Palo Alto was selected using the pick Vancouver acquired in the July 2012 trade that sent striker Eric Hassli to Toronto FC. Dean spent the last three seasons with the NCAAs California Golden Bears, starting all 55 games he played. "I bring energy. Big, athletic, on the larger side," said Dean, who stands six foot three and weighs 198 pounds. "Good feet -- especially at centre back, I kind of pride my self a little bit on that. Its something that I like to use to my advantage." The Philadelphia Union traded up to take Connecticut goalkeeper Andre Blake with the first pick before the D.C. United used the second pick to select defender Steve Birnbaum, who was Deans college teammate at Cal. "I dont know much about Philly," said Blake, who originally hails from Jamaica. "I heard something yesterday about how its the place for a cheesesteak or something. Thats as much as I know. But Im pretty sure Ill get adjusted and learn everything I need to know." Meanwhile, the Montreal Impact took Creighton defender Eric Miller with the fifth pick, while Toronto FC traded up to draft Xavier defender Nick Hagglund at No. 10. Left-footed with the ability to play either in the centre or left of defence, Dean said he will have to increase the physical side of his game against MLS competition. "I think I will have to adapt. College was a physical game, especially stepping up from the youth level to college, it got more physical," he said on a conference call. "I think playing against bigger and stronger people, Ill have to become a lot more physical and to do that Ill just have to make a little mental jump to achieve that." Dean might just get that chance as Vancouvers backline has at least one hole heading into training camp next month with the retirement of Y.P. Lee. Meanwhile, Jay DeMerit doesnt have a contract for 2014, but new head coach Carl Robinson has said he wants to bring his captain back into the fold. "I think Im ready to come in and play, wherever I would have ended up," said Dean, who played as a centre back in college this season after two years on the left. "Especially with Vancouver, coming in the defence will be something that will be a possibility for me." Robinson said the Whitecaps had Dean rated high on their draft board. "Hes a great athlete with a fantastic left foot and we believe he has massive upside," Robinson said in a release. "We are confident that Christians game will translate very well to MLS and we look forward to seeing him at camp." Dean has never been to Vancouver and said that he wasnt tipped off during pre-draft discussions with the club that the Whitecaps would be his destination. "I talked to the coaching staff while I was at the combine during one of the player meetings and hit it off," he said. "Other than that there was no real talk of Hey, well select you or stuff like that. "It was kind of a bit of a surprise, but in the end Im happy that I got picked by Vancouver." Lewis was also pleased to be joining the Whitecaps, but for different reasons. "Im a fan of Vancouver because of Darren Mattocks," the 19-year-old said of the Whitecaps striker and fellow Jamaican. "I love the support that the fans give to Vancouver. Im looking forward to starting my professional career with the Whitecaps and to just go there and work hard and do my best." Lewis said he and Mattocks live about 10 minutes apart but that pair didnt speak about the possibility of being teammates in MLS. The five-foot-nine, 145-pound midfielder, who will join the Whitecaps from Jamaican club Portmore United F.C., has represented his country at the under-17 and under-20 levels and earned his first senior call up in 2012. "On the pitch, I always want to be a top player," said Lewis. "Win or lose, I want to be on top of my game at all times." Notes: As a Generation Adidas player, Deans salary will not count against the MLS salary cap. ... Dean said he is friends with Whitecaps striker Omar Salgado from their time with the U.S. under-20 team. ... In the second round, Toronto selected Elon midfielder Daniel Lovitz at No. 24, Vancouver took Connecticut striker Mamadou Diouf at No. 30 and Montreal went with Cal Poly midfielder George Malki at No. 37. George Corral Jersey .J. -- While Martin Brodeur wasnt willing to say he stole one for the New Jersey Devils against the Columbus Blue Jackets, almost everyone else was. Hector Herrera Jersey . Cruz set the tone with a two-run homer in the first inning, and Baltimore scored eight times in the eighth to pull away for a 12-3 victory in Game 1. The major league leader with 40 homers during the regular season, Cruz added an RBI single to his early blast off Max Scherzer. http://www.soccermexicojerseysteamshop.com/jorge-torres-nilo-mexico-jersey/ .com) - James Harden needed just seven made field goals to drop 35 points on the Philadelphia 76ers, leading the Houston Rockets to a 104-93 win on Monday.FRISCO, Texas - Fabian Castillo, Je-Vaughn Watson and Michel scored in a 15-minute span of the second half Saturday night to keep FC Dallas unbeaten with a 3-1 victory over Chivas USA. Dallas (2-0-1) sits atop the Western Conference with an MLS-best seven points. Castillo opened the scoring in the 71st minute off a Mauro Diaz set piece, and Watson outran defender Tony Lochhead on a long ball and then juked goalkeeper Ian Kennedy for the eventual game-winner in the 78th minute. "We have a good team," Watson said. "The guys are running really hard. To get three goals so fast was like a reward because we had them on the back foot from the get-go of the game. I think the guys came out in the second half and decided we were going to go for the kill." Chivas forward Erick Torres grabbed his third goal of the season in the 81st minute to put the pressure back on the hosts, but Michel, a second-half substitute, slotted in a low, left-footed free kick in the 86th and Chivas (1-1-1) lost for the first time this season. Each team had 10 shots, but Dallas had nearly 60 per cent of the possession. "When you make those mistakes on set pieces and concentration, you dont deserve (points)," Chivas coach Wilmer Cabrera said. "You have to get punished in order for us to improve because weve been working — set pieces — weve been working on that, and today we lost concentration and then we got punished. Gerardo Flores Jersey. " Dallas midfielder Andrew Jacobson left the game in the 67th minute with what coach Oscar Pareja said was an "extreme" left ankle injury. Jacobson was on crutches after the game in the Dallas locker room. Jacobson, who came on in the 11th minute after Andrew Moffat tweaked a muscle in his left leg, hurt his ankle going for the ball and getting tangled with a Chivas player near midfield. Chivas Oswaldo Minda was replaced in first-half stoppage time with a right-leg injury that will be evaluated when the team gets home. Castillos strike came from a set piece that Diaz snapped into the box from 36 yards out. Veteran Honduran midfielder Hendry Thomas received the ball and headed it toward Castillo about 6 yards out, and Castillo swept it off Kennedys outstretched hand for the opener. Kennedy kept Chivas in the game in the first half when he saved a 30th-minute, point-blank header from Blas Perez, pushing the shot off the line to keep the game square. Both teams then started fouling more aggressively in the midfield and four yellow cards were shown in the final 15 minutes of the half, including three to Chivas players. The visitors picked up two more yellow cards in the second half, and Thomas earned an ejection during stoppage time. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen