Image and video hosting by TinyPic

url] [url=http://www.cheapdolphinsjerse

in
Über uns
20.12.2018 04:09
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- Dwight Freeney could hardly wait to get inside the Falcons complex and meet his new team.The NFLs No. 4 active leader in sacks arrived Thursday after passing his physical and signing a one-year contract.For the last few years now Ive always looked at this team as having a lot of potential to do some great things, Freeney said. They have a lot of talent, definitely offensively and defensively were getting together now.Atlanta hasnt had a marquee pass rusher since John Abraham left as a free agent after the 2012 season.Second-year coach Dan Quinn called Freeney a few weeks ago to gauge his interest. Quinn saw Freeney as a missing piece, a 15-year veteran who still causes matchup problems.The Falcons had the NFLs fewest sacks last season, the second-fewest in 2014 and fourth-fewest in 2013.I know last year they werent too good at it, Freeney said. Thats not all I do, but its something Im known for. Im going to try to affect the quarterback as much as possible and help this team as much as possible.Quinn said Freeney wont practice until Sunday or Monday to allow him to get adjusted to the new environment.Quinn, who helped build a Super Bowl defense with Seattle, has made the defensive line his biggest overhaul project during the offseason.Vic Beasley, the No. 8 overall draft pick last year, has an expanded role, lining up as an outside linebacker in the base 4-3 scheme and as an edge rusher in nickel packages.Freeney will play opposite Beasley when the Falcons use their nickel packages. Derrick Shelby, Adrian Clayborn and Tyson Jackson will take turns at end in the base scheme.Quinn watched film of every snap Freeney took last season for Arizona and decided he was a perfect complementary fit for Atlanta.It didnt take long to see there were some really good games where he affected guys, Quinn said. He looked explosive, and the will for him to go for it is there. Thats why its a good situation for him and us.Freeney, a seven-time Pro Bowl selection, is likely to be used between 15-20 snaps a game. That seems like the proper workload, though Freeney insists he can always do a little extra.Its up to them, he said. I love to play. Im one of those guys that youll have to pull me off the field. Im going to help out however possible in whatever situation that is, so if its 18 snaps, its 18 snaps.If its 30 snaps, its 30 snaps. If its 45-50, theyre going to have to give me an IV, but Ill still go out there and play.Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff knows Freeney wont be asked to do too much. At 36 years old, he can be most effective if used at intervals.Dwight can still get up and around the corner, Dimitroff said. He has the ability to spin, as we all know. His patented spin move is special. Were hoping that he can add to our repertoire of getting up field.Freeney will wear jersey No. 93 after negotiating with backup end Malliciah Goodman, who switched to No. 54. Freeney wore No. 93 during 11 years with Indianapolis and two with San Diego.Freeney wore 54 at Arizona, the jersey number he had at Syracuse.---AP NFL online: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. Stitched Nike NFL Jerseys . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. http://www.nikecheapnfljerseys.com/ . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . LOUIS -- St. BRASILIA, Brazil -- Cowardly or not, Swedens defensive strategy against the United States got the job done.The Swedes stymied the powerful American attack and advanced to the womens soccer semifinals at the Olympics, leaving the U.S. team empty-handed and with their earliest exit from a major tournament.Thats the best team in the world. But for once, they didnt go the whole way through, Sweden coach Pia Sundhage said. They played more attacking football than we did. We defended very well. And the fact that it went to penalty kicks says something about our defending.Sundhage certainly knows the U.S. team. After all, she coached the Americans for five years and won gold medals at the Beijing and London Olympics. Current U.S. coach Jill Ellis was her assistant.The three-time defending champion United States had been the clear favorites in Brazil and would have been the first team to win an Olympic gold following a Womens World Cup title.After the loss, the attention fell on U.S. goalkeeper Hope Solo for comments she made about Swedens tactics to go on the defensive. She said she?thought they were a bunch of cowards.We had that style of play when Pia was our coach. I dont think theyre going to make it far in the tournament. I think it was very cowardly, Solo said. But they won. Theyre moving on. And were going home.While the park the bus strategy is often debated in soccer, Ellis simply drew the inevitable conclusion that it was successful.The game is the game, so I think, tactically, thats the coachs prerogative, the coachs choice, Ellis said. They look at their personnel, and they determine a game plan based on that. And I think to take us to penalty kicks is probably a good strategy because then it becomes a crapshoot, right?Can I criticize or knock someone for their tactics? No, thatss their choice.ddddddddddddOn Saturday, U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati told Sports Illustrated that Solos remarks were highly inappropriate and not in line with the expectations of U.S. Soccer or the ideals of the Olympic movement.At a news briefing in Rio de Janeiro, IOC spokesman Mark Adams described Solos outburst as disappointing. However, he added that people are free to say those things. We wouldnt stop their right to express themselves, within boundaries, obviously.Lost in all the postgame drama was the spectacular play of Sweden goalkeeper Hedvig Lindahl, who plays club soccer for Chelsea. The 33-year-old national team veteran turned away six shots on goal before prevailing in the shootout.Youve got to be pumped if you win against the world champions. Just playing against the U.S., on paper, you think, Oh my God, this is going to demand something special from me, Lindahl said. I think its something that happens automatically: You get really inspired and focused. It brings out the best of me, at least, when I play against the U.S.Sweden had only beaten the United States five times before Fridays quarterfinal meeting, which the team won 4-3 on penalties following a 1-1 draw.The Swedes, who won bronze in 2004, face a considerable challenge in their next match against host Brazil and the countrys star player, Marta. The Brazilians defeated Australia on penalties. In the group stage, Brazil beat Sweden 5-1. Marta scored twice in that game, but more defensive tactics could be coming from Sweden.You always have to take into account the opponents, Sundhage said. We played against the world champions, so thats one reason we chose to play the way we did. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen