Image and video hosting by TinyPic

average of 44.27 and scored 675 runs at 29.34, with a century and four fifties. So far, he has played all his Tests as a bowling

in Unsere Regeln 25.12.2018 07:32
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

Jason Holder, the West Indies captain, has said he is focused on performing the role assigned to him in the side with bowling as his first priority, but has admitted he would prefer batting higher up the order. Holder has taken 22 wickets in 15 Tests at an average of 44.27 and scored 675 runs at 29.34, with a century and four fifties. So far, he has played all his Tests as a bowling allrounder, and has never batted higher than No. 7.In his most recent Test, against India in Kingston, Holder bowled 34.2 overs, conceding only 72 runs but picking up only one wicket, and scored an unbeaten 64 to help West Indies save the match on the last day.For me, I just try to do whatever the team requires, Holder said on the eve of the third Test against India in St Lucia. Currently, Im playing as a bowling allrounder, I think my first priority is to bowl. I was very pleased with the way I bowled in the last Test, particularly. I didnt think I got enough wickets, the wickets column wasnt as fruitful as I wanted it to be.Having said that, the beauty about my spell, for me, was remaining patient. I think on another day, you may get two or three more wickets. For me, [its important] just contributing to the teams cause, just make sure every time I bat I score some runs, at least steady the ship. Most of the times, when Ive batted in recent times, Ive been under a bit of pressure, I think that brings out the best in me. I like those situations when I am being heavily relied on. You just knuckle down and play a memorable innings.Ideally, I would love to move up the order and bat higher up for the West Indies in the future. I guess I have to just keep doing my job and when I get the opportunity, make the most of it.Expecting the pitch in St Lucia to provide pace and bounce, Holder said West Indies were likely to play an extra seam bowler.If you look at the pitch here, there seems to be a little bit of grass, Holder said. Theres a strong possibility that we may have a change in terms of our bowling department, we may think about the extra seamer. Thats pretty much it.This wicket here, over the years, has played quicker than most pitches in the Caribbean. For me, I think its the best cricket pitch in the Caribbean in terms of carry and assistance for the quicker bowlers. So, theres a strong possibility that you may see an extra seamer.In West Indies second innings in Jamaica, each of the batsmen occupying the four slots from No. 5 to No. 8 went past 50, with Roston Chase scoring an unbeaten hundred. The top order, though, failed - and not for the first time in the series - leaving West Indies 48 for 4 at one stage.For me, if I look back at the first two Test matches, the difference is that the top order hasnt really been getting in, Holder said. I think they need to work a little harder in getting in. Once they get in, the likes of [Darren] Bravo and [Kraigg] Brathwaite and [Marlon] Samuels, we all know what they can do once they get a start. Its just about just getting a start, and get themselves going and carry it on from there. Cheap Jerseys China . -- Hunter Smith scored the winner with just 12 seconds remaining in the third period as the Oshawa Generals edged the host Sarnia Sting 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Nike NFL Jerseys China . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. http://www.cheapjerseysnikenfl.com/ .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Cheap Nike Football Jerseys . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. CHICAGO -- John Lackey was ornery and fired up, just what the Cubs needed from their veteran right-hander to keep rolling.Lackey outpitched friend and former teammate Jered Weaver, Kris Bryant hit his 28th home run and Chicago beat the Los Angeles Angels 5-1 Tuesday night for its eighth straight victory.Willson Contreras also homered and Ben Zobrist added an RBI double for the major league-leading Cubs, who won their 70th game and moved a season-high 29 over .500.Kole Calhoun homered on Lackeys third pitch, but the former Angels right-hander later retired 12 straight. Lackey (9-7) allowed three hits over eight innings, and all six of his strikeouts were looking.Hes not going to be out there smiling all the time and hes going to be upset with umpires and hes going to be upset with his manager, said Cubs skipper Joe Maddon, who was with the Angels when Lackey started his career in 2002. Hes going to be upset with teammates on occasion. But thats just who he is, and when you know that, its OK. Because you love having him on your team.Weaver (8-9) gave up four earned runs and another one that was unearned when he dropped a throw to first base for an error during the Angels fifth straight loss.Bryant homered over the left-field bleachers in the fifth, giving Lackey more than enough cushion. Pedro Strop pitched a perfect ninth to finish the three-hitter.I thought he had an exceptional slider tonight and a really good changeup, Maddon said about Lackey.The matchup of veteran right-handers was as one-sided as their teams seasons in the opener of Chicagos 10-game homestand.The 37-year-old Lackey and 33-year-old Weaver were teammates a decade ago with the Angels. They had split their previous two meetings when Lackey pitched for Boston.This was the first time they batted against each other.Its a little strange when he gets in the box, for sure, because were good buddies, Lackey said.Calhoun struck first, sending Lackeys 1-0 pitch into the left-field bleachers for his first homer since June 25. Contreras tied it with a shot to left-center in the third.Weaver had the Cubs off balance early with his 83 mph fastball and 70 mph curve. But Chicago started to pounnce the second time through the order, with Anthony Rizzo doubling in a two-run fourth and again in a two-run fifth.ddddddddddddThe second hit came after Bryant sent Weavers slider onto Waveland Avenue.Its one of those lineups where you cant really breathe while youre out there. Theres no leeway, Weaver said. I grinded and tried to get some outs and some things didnt go my way towards the end.Weaver allowed eight hits in five innings.Its still a little weird because I root for him when hes not facing us, Lackey said. Hes a good friend. I really respect the way hes still competing and still getting after it with stuff thats a little less than he used to have. But hes still grinding, still trying to help his club win.TRAINERS ROOMAngels: C Geovany Soto (knee) was activated off the 15-day disabled list after the game and is expected to start Wednesday. C Carlos Perez was optioned to Triple-A Salt Lake. . New closer Cam Bedrosian was placed on the 15-day DL with tendinitis in his right middle finger. RHP A.J. Achter was called up from Triple-A. . 1B C.J. Cron (hand) plans to take live batting practice in Arizona this week. . RHP Nick Tropeano will undergo Tommy John surgery next Tuesday in Los Angeles.Cubs: Relief pitcher Hector Rondon (triceps) was unavailable. Its not an issue. I feel a little tired, Rondon said. . Jorge Soler started in left field for the first time since June 6 following a hamstring injury and three games as the DH last weekend. He went 2 for 4.CALL REVERSEDThe Cubs Dexter Fowler was ruled out after 3B Yunel Escobar had a foul pop knocked out of his glove by a fan in the fifth. Umpires initially ruled it no play before huddling and changing the call without a replay review.HEYWARDS CATCHCubs OF Jason Heyward made a headfirst, snow-cone grab of pinch-hitter Johnny Giavotellas fly to shallow right in the eighth.UP NEXTThe series concludes Wednesday night with Cubs RHP Jason Hammel (11-5, 3.07 ERA) returning from the bereavement list to face right-hander and former Cubs draft pick Ricky Nolasco (4-8, 5.23). cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen