Image and video hosting by TinyPic

eapjerseys.us/]Cheap MLB Jerseys[/url] [u

in
Über uns
06.01.2019 09:47
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

DEL MAR, Calif. -- It was minutes after California Chrome had won the Grade 1, $1 million Pacific Classic on Saturday at Del Mar when his trainer, Art Sherman, walked into a media room for a news conference, looked up, caught the eye of someone standing nearby and said, under his breath, We kind of spooked em a little, didnt we?Use whatever adjective you want -- spooked, embarrassed, dominated. Any superlative will do, for California Chrome throttled -- hows that! -- top-class horses like Beholder and Dortmund in the Pacific Classic, romping over a track that was duller than usual and played to late runners almost all day.The lone exception was an exceptional horse, California Chrome, who shot to the front, set legitimate fractions, had plenty in reserve when Beholder and Dortmund tried to go after him, and cruised to the wire with jockey Victor Espinoza taking a long hold on the reins. The official margin was five lengths, and it was just that emphatic. The best horse in the world had produced another masterpiece on his brilliant 2016 campaign.Im more confident going forward for the future, Espinoza said. We beat the Queen -- Beholder -- and Dortmund.Beholder, who beat the boys in last years Pacific Classic, chased California Chrome throughout and settled for second, 2-1/4 lengths in front of Dortmund. Hoppertunity was fourth and was followed, in order, by Dalmore, Imperative, War Story, Hard Aces, and Win the Space in the field of nine.California Chrome ($4.20), the favorite, covered 1-1/4 miles on a fast track in 2:00.13. The fractions were all his, 23.20 seconds for the quarter-mile, 47.29 for a half, 1:11.22 for six furlongs, and 1:35.69 for a mile.The victory was the fifth straight this year for California Chrome, whose biggest victory the first half of the year was the Dubai World Cup, and whose year-end goal is the Breeders Cup Classic at Santa Anita on Nov. 5. He secured a fees-paid berth to the Classic by winning the Pacific Classic, a Win and Youre In race.California Chrome prefers to be outside horses, but he drew the rail. As a result, Espinoza sent him hard away from the gate, taking the track from his two main rivals.I wasnt worried about the post, Espinoza said. I was more concerned with how hed break out of the gate. I sent him out of there, hard as I can. Try to move out and go from there.Espinoza kept California Chrome a few lanes off the rail, daring anyone to drop inside him. No one took the bait. But as the race unfolded, Gary Stevens on Beholder and Rafael Bejarano on Dortmund had to decide when to move.Stevens said he thought he would end up chasing California Chrome.I was hoping theyd send Dortmund, but I suspected they might not because maybe theyre not sure he wants a mile and a quarter, Stevens said. I had to try and time my move, because if I hooked him too early I might not even be second.Stevens said that when he asked Beholder to go after California Chrome moving around the far turn, he quickly realized she would not repeat.I was hoping for the same kick she had last year. She kicked, and he opened up, Stevens said. When he opened up, I knew Id have to save something for the last eighth if I wanted to be second. Victor was playing with us. I dont think he let him run. Thats kind of scary.Said Sherman of Beholder: The mare ran a hell of a race, but she was hooking different horses than last year.Bejarano was hoping Stevens would be more aggressive, and thought Stevens settled for second. But he also confirmed that 1-1/4 miles might be stretching it for Dortmund.Its a little far for him. He might want a mile and an eighth, Bejarano said.Sherman had said during the week that he expected California Chrome to move forward off his last start, the San Diego here last month, much as he did in the Dubai World Cup following a prep in Dubai. He beat Dortmund by a half-length in the San Diego; he beat Dortmund by 7-1/4 lengths Saturday.One tipoff that California Chrome would fire, Sherman said, was his demeanor in the paddock.He had his game face on, Sherman said. He bows his neck. Hes ready.The victory was the 14th in 23 starts for California Chrome. His resume includes the Kentucky Derby and Preakness in 2014, as well as that years titles as champion 3-year-old male and Horse of the Year. He is the clear leader this season for Horse of the Year, a title he will seek to nail down in the Breeders Cup Classic.California Chrome was scheduled to return to his base at Los Alamitos on Sunday morning, according to Alan Sherman, Arts son and assistant.Now age 5, California Chrome, a son of Lucky Pulpit, is owned by a partnership - called California Chrome LLC -- that includes co-breeder, Perry Martin, as well as Taylor Made Farm, where he will go to stud.California Chrome earned $600,000 on Saturday, bringing his career earnings to $13,252,650, a record for a horse born in North America.This was the 26th Pacific Classic, and was the strongest ever. The field collectively boasted a Kentucky Derby winner, the first- and third-place finishers from the Dubai World Cup, two winners of the Santa Anita Derby, runners who have won five Eclipse Awards, two Breeders Cup races, a Horse of the Year title, and 19 Grade 1 races, plus the races only female winner.In the end, though, the race was a showcase for the current brilliance and dominance of California Chrome.I cant believe Im just lucky enough to have him, Sherman said. Wholesale Nike Flex Cheap . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. Nike Flex Shoes Online . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. http://www.cheapnikeflex.com/ . The 43-year-old closer, in his 19th and final big league season, has said hed like to play the outfield. Yankees manager Joe Girardi says hes thinking about allowing Rivera to do it this weekend, when the Yankees finish their season with a three-game series at the Houston Astros. Cheap Nike Flex Running Shoes . Miller finished in two minutes, 6.09 seconds, one day before the first medal race on the Alpine schedule. The 36-year-old American also turned in the top time in Thursdays opening training session. Cheap Nike Flex China . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. If you think training for the Olympics is tough, just wait until you hear how hard it is to feed all of the Olympic athletes. According to Bon Appetit, the dining hall in the Olympic Village spans the length of FOUR Olympic swimming pools. It feeds 18,000 people and serves 460,000 pounds of food a day.If your jaw hasnt hit the floor already, you need to read that last sentence again.Australian dietitian Fiona Pelly has been tasked with helping determine the menu for the past six Olympics, including Rio, and she shared her insight with Bon Appetit. Discussing the various considerations while serving athletes from vastly different sports from all over the globe, Pelly called it a pretty hard thing to get right.You really have to account for every different type of athletes nutritional needs. So cyclists and marathon runners, for example, need to eat a lot of carbs so theyre fueled up before their events. Rowers, wrestlers and boxers on the other hand have to make weight for their events, so they need foods with lower energy content like plain vegetables.With events like archery and shooting, you may not thiink that nutrition plays much of a role but it does because glucose levels have a serious impact on the brains ability to concentrate, and those types of sports require a lot of concentration over a long period of time.dddddddddddd Then theres the power sports like weightlifting and sprinting. The event might be over in 10 seconds but the athletes need a lot of fuel to get there. Eating is about keeping their strength up.The dietitian claims the attention to detail as one of the toughest aspects of the job, citing the example of yogurt and all the varieties needed (Fruit flavored! Fat free! Soy! Greek! Goat milk!). She says there are ultimately almost 10 choices for yogurt. So that sounds complicated.However, despite all the nutritional concerns, Pelly says the most popular items are -- of course -- pizza and pasta. Olympic athletes really are just like us.See something entertaining on social media that you think deserves to be shared? Let me know on Twitter, @darcymaine_espn. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen