Image and video hosting by TinyPic

how, while former sprinter Linford

in
Über uns
13.05.2018 15:47
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas - Nelson Cruz thrust his right arm into the air and shouted out in relief while running the bases after hitting his second homer of the night for the Texas Rangers. After a tough stretch, the Rangers had a loud and clear response Monday night to the message manager Ron Washington delivered the previous day. Cruz homered twice and the Rangers ended a six-game losing streak with an 8-7 victory over the AL West-leading Oakland Athletics, matching their run total during what had been the majors longest active skid. "We were looking for what happened, get some base hits in RBI situations and just keep grinding," Washington said. "They just showed what they have the capability of doing — what they did tonight. That was the only thing that I stressed to them." Washington had a rare postgame meeting with his team after the Rangers were swept in a four-game series by Toronto, extending their longest home losing streak since 2005. That was part of a 4-11 stretch that dropped them out of first place. Cruzs second homer was a two-run shot onto the hill in straightaway centre field on an 0-2 pitch from Jesse Chavez (1-1) in the fifth. Cruz emphatically responded while rounding the bases on his 18th homer of the season, and second in two innings. It came right after A.J. Pierzynskis RBI double and put the Rangers up 7-6. "It was the run we need in that situation. It was very emotional," Cruz said. "In our minds, we believe we can do it. We showed what were capable of doing." Oakland, which entered the four-game series opener with a three-game division lead over Texas, wiped out an early 3-0 deficit with a six-run fourth ignited by a bizarre play before Neal Cotts (3-1) worked 2 1-3 perfect innings in relief of rookie Nick Tepesch. Robbie Ross and Tanner Scheppers each worked 1-2-3 innings, then Joe Nathan gave up a run before securing his 21st save in 22 chances. After being held to two runs or less in a team record-matching six games in a row, the Rangers took care of that in the first three innings. Pierzynski pulled a two-run homer off the right-field foul pole in the second, an inning before an RBI double by Ian Kinsler. That was Kinslers first hit in 10 at-bats since coming off the disabled list Saturday after missing 25 games with a rib cage injury. The Rangers eight runs and 12 hits were both their most in 16 games this month. In the Oakland fourth, Yoenis Cespedes hit a grounder that ricocheted off third baseman Adrian Beltre toward shortstop. Elvis Andrus was about to throw to first when he saw John Jaso running in front of him toward third. Andrus threw to Beltre, who made a swiping attempt at a tag. Jaso, sliding headfirst in front of him, lifted his arm into the air trying to avoid the tag and then dived into the base with his left hand. He was called safe by third base umpire Jordan Baker even though it appeared his hand came off the bag while being tagged. Beltre was irate and Washington also came out to argue the call. "Its a little odd that the umpire can miss the call twice. ... Hes right on top of the play and he still missed it," Beltre said. "I got him twice. I know that, because I did it myself, and I went to see the replay to confirm. The replay showed I tagged him twice. I dont know what he saw." Tepesch then allowed three hits and a walk to the next four hitters, including a two-run single by Seth Smith, who scored on Jed Lowries double. Eric Sogard had a sacrifice fly and Coco Crisps RBI single made it 6-3 and chased Tepesch. "He made some good pitches in the bottom of the strike zone, and they went down there and they got them and they found holes," Washington said. Oakland rookie Dan Straily had a 2.21 ERA in his previous five starts, a stretch that began at Texas on May 21 when the right-hander worked seven scoreless innings and faced 22 batters — one more than the minimum for that span — in a 1-0 win over Yu Darvish. Straily hadnt allowed a homer in his last six starts and 38 innings until Pierzynski went deep. The first of Cruzs two homers came off him as well. Cruz was the first batter faced by Chavez when he took over for Straily, who allowed six runs and eight hits over 4 2-3 innings. "I was up in the strike zone. They were aggressive and I just got beat, plain and simple," Straily said. "Swing early and often. I feel like everyone up there was trying to swing out of their shoes on every single pitch. They got me, thats all there is to it." NOTES: Cespedes started his fourth consecutive game as Oaklands DH after missing two games because of left hamstring tightness. Manager Bob Melvin wants to see him in the field during batting practice before putting him back in the outfield. ... Rangers starting pitchers have gone 16 games in a row without a victory this month, matching a team record set in 1975. ... It was Cruzs 10th career multihomer game. Cheap Jaguars Jerseys . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. Tanner Lee Jersey .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. http://www.cheapjaguarsjerseyselite.com/?tag=cheap-ronnie-harrison-jersey . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Cheap Jaguars Jerseys China . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Taven Bryan Jersey .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again.Olympic gymnast Beth Tweddle is walking unaided after having neck surgery following a fall during training for TV reality show The Jump. The three-time world gymnastics champion and London 2012 bronze medallist crashed while preparing for the Channel 4 winter sports show last Saturday.Tweddle went under the knife in Austria, where surgeons took a bone fragment from her hip and used it, along with pins, to fuse together two fractured vertebrae in her neck.The 30-year-old took began walking with assistance after a few days and is now starting to do so by herself.In a statement, Tweddle said: The medical staff here in Austria have been fantastic and I couldnt have wished for better people to be around me at this time.Ive started to feel a lot better in the past 24 hours and Ive begun walking by myself.The doctors are happy with my progress and next week we will have a better idea of when I can be discharged from hospital.Thank you to everyone that has sent me get well messages. My Mum and Dad have been reading them to me and, one day, Ill be able to reply to you all, it really has meant a lot to me, so thank you.dddddddddddd Olympic gold medallist Rebecca Adlington was also forced to pull out of The Jump In addition to her three world titles and Olympic medal, Tweddle has also won six European gymnastics titles and one Commonwealth Games gold.A number of other celebrities have also had to pull out of the show after suffering injuries.Former Olympic swimming champion Rebecca Adlington withdrew from the show on medical advice after injuring her shoulder, while actress Tina Hobley also pulled out after she dislocated her elbow and suffered two fractures to her arm.Made In Chelsea star Mark-Francis Vandelli fractured his ankle during the show, while former sprinter Linford Christie was unable to take part in an event last week after pulling a hamstring. Cheap Authentic Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen