Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A Frederick on Monday.Athletics: Former c

in
Über uns
28.05.2019 16:27
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

VANCOUVER, B.C. -- Erik Gudbranson is not plotting Matt Martins death after all.Gudbranson, a Vancouver Canucks defenseman, vowed that Martin, a pesky Toronto Maple Leafs winger, was dead after he caused havoc in a fight-filled game in the teams last meeting Nov. 5. The Canucks rearguard was furious after the Maple Leafs won 6-3 at home.But as the Canucks (10-12-2) prepared for Saturdays return engagement against the Maple Leafs (10-9-4) at Rogers Arena, a calm Gudbranson chalked up his threat to a fit of rage.Do I mean it? he said Friday. No. Thats the honest truth. Im not gonna kill the guy. But I was just frustrated at that point. Unfortunately, (the public reaction) got taken to a level that I didnt expect.The best way for the Canucks to get revenge, he said, is to get two points for a win. That will be hard to do in a building that is guaranteed to be raucous -- as is the case whenever the Maple Leafs visit Vancouver.The Maple Leafs, one of the NHLs Original Six franchises, have a legion of West Coast fans who make their presence known in the arena while the Canucks faithful battle to be heard.Thats the exciting part, Gudbranson said. The rinks going to be buzzing tomorrow. We feed off that, for sure.But Gudbranson stressed the need for the Canucks not to get too excited ahead of time.Within this dressing room, its huge for us just to stay focused and be calm going into games like that, he added. Building it up is one thing. But if were coming in all amped up, thats when systems fall apart and mistakes happen.The Canucks were upset with Martin for punching rookie defenseman Troy Stecher while he was down on the ice in Vancouvers end late in the Nov. 5 game. Canucks goaltender Ryan Miller came to Stechers aid, and a brawl ensued with Miller and Toronto netminder Frederik Andersen both getting tossed out.But Stecher, 22, who began the season in the minors and has played a prominent role with veteran defensemen Chris Tanev (ankle) and Alex Edler (finger) out with injuries, shrugged off the potential for more fireworks on Saturday.Its a hockey game, he said. Tempers are gonna fly high. Youve gotta just try to stay in the moment. I think, if you do that, everything will just take care of itself.Stecher, who was born and raised in the Vancouver suburb of Richmond, B.C., will play his first game against the Maple Leafs in his hometown after previously witnessing the exuberance that Toronto-Vancouver games generate. He called the opportunity exciting but also downplayed it.Obviously, the buzz around town is pretty high, Stecher said. But for us, its just another hockey game.However, the Canucks do not want to produce another game like they did Thursday in a 3-1 home loss to Anaheim. The Ducks dominated for most of the non-contest.Accordingly, the Canucks expressed more concern about the need to improve on that showing than avenge past misdeeds by Toronto.I dont know what kind of game its gonna be (Saturday), Canucks defenseman Luca Sbisa said. All I know is that were pretty well-prepared. We werent happy (with) the way we played (Thursday) night. So were gonna try and make up for it (Saturday).Meanwhile, the Maple Leafs were also calling for calm. Martin did not pay much heed to Gudbransons threat, which was uttered as the Canucks defenseman stormed into their dressing room after the loss in November.I am sure he was emotional after the game, Martin told reporters Friday. I dont know. He made comments, I guess, that you (media) guys heard. I didnt. But that is what it is. Im not going to get into too much detail about it.The Maple Leafs are looking to rebound from a 3-0 loss in Calgary on Wednesday night. Center Nazem Kadri told the Toronto Sun this week that he expects some hostility in Vancouver, but he also believes that cooler heads will prevail. Kadri was also a target of Canucks scorn after he nailed veteran winger Daniel Sedin in the previous outing.The Canucks had hoped Kadri would receive a suspension for a head shot, but the league decided otherwise. Kadri downplayed the incident Friday and expressed his respect for Sedin.I mean, I dont want to revisit this too much, Kadri told reporters. I just tried to be hard on him, finish my check. Im happy the league saw it the same way. By no means do I want to see anybody hurt out there, and I know hes a very important player to their team, and hes been in the league for a lot of years. So I respect him a ton.Toronto coach Mike Babcock, whose youth-laden team is 5-4-1 in its last 10 games, is not expecting a repeat of the November shenanigans. He contended that both teams will want to stay disciplined in order to avoid giving up power-play goals.Also, heavily hyped games do not usually live up to their billing.What I have found over the years is that there is always a lot of talk -- and nothing happens, Babcock told reporters.Jordan Retro 14 Cheap . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Air Jordan 1 Wholesale . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU. http://www.jordanshoescheapsale.com/jordan-retro-11-for-sale.html . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. Jordan 12 For Sale Cheap Jordan Retro 5 Cheap . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team.OAKLAND, Calif. -- Ross Detwiler knows it will take more than one strong outing for people to take him seriously again as a starting pitcher.Eight scoreless innings in his Oakland Athletics debut is certainly a good place to start, and far more than what manager Bob Melvin hoped for from his new left-hander.Detwiler and John Axford combined on a seven-hitter and Oakland beat Baltimore 1-0 on Wednesday night to knock the Orioles out of first place in the AL East.Our reports had more fastballs than anything else but he mixed it up really good today, Melvin said. Some curveballs, some sliders, some changeups. It was way more than we expected.Called up from the minors earlier in the day, Detwiler (1-0) allowed six hits over a career-high eight innings and struck out two while leading the As to their third consecutive one-run win over the Orioles.It was Detwilers first win as a starting pitcher since he was with Washington and beat the Chicago Cubs on May 10, 2013.Not bad for a pitcher who has spent most of the past two-plus seasons as a reliever. Detwiler was also nearly out of baseball after being designated for assignment by Cleveland in July before the As acquired him in a trade.Its a good start but its just one good start, Detwiler said. Its a good step in the right direction. I walked in last night ... and I felt like I had been here for a long time. I was welcomed with open arms and that helps a lot.Axford retired three batters for his second save.Chris Davis had two hits for Baltimore.The Orioles entered the day percentage points ahead of Toronto but fell a game behind the Blue Jays, who beat Tampa Bay 7-0 earlier Wednesday.Its the time of year we cant find a break, Baltimore third baseman Manny Machado said. Were all struggling right now. Real teams will come out of it. We know were better than this.Marcus Semien and Yonder Alonso hit consecutive doubles in tthe third inning for the games only run.ddddddddddddThe As had lost eight of nine and were swept in three games by the Chicago Cubs before stunning the Orioles.Baltimore starter Yovani Gallardo (4-4 ) allowed one run in six innings with six strikeouts and two walks.NAILED AT THE PLATEDetwiler gave up a single and a double to the first two hitters he faced and threw two wild pitches in the first inning but escaped without allowing a run. Adam Jones was thrown out sliding into home by Oakland second baseman Max Muncy in the inning. Jones tried to score on J.J. Hardys double over the head of right fielder Danny Valencia and was initially ruled safe by home plate umpire Chad Fairchild. The As challenged and the call was overturned when replays showed Jones front leg above the plate when he was tagged out.I think the slide helped us out some, that (Jones) was above the plate, Melvin said. You dont think at that time thats going to be a key play in the game but it ended up being one.TRAINERS ROOMOrioles: T.J. McFarland (left knee inflammation) pitched three scoreless innings for the Gulf Coast Orioles. McFarland is scheduled to pitch next for Single-A Frederick on Monday.Athletics: Former closer Sean Doolittle (strained left shoulder) will throw off a mound this weekend and will need to face hitters at least twice before beginning a rehab assignment. ... Left-handed reliever Patrick Schuster was designated for assignment.UP NEXTOrioles: RHP Chris Tillman (14-4) faces the As in a mid-day game at the Coliseum. Tillman will try to become the first Baltimore pitcher with at least 15 wins since Bud Norris and Wei-Yin Chen in 2014.Athletics: RHP Andrew Triggs (0-0) will come out of the bullpen to make his second career start in the series finale. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen