Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I tried to be aggressive from the sta

in
Anwesen
04.06.2019 08:41
von carrie567 • 405 Beiträge

MILWAUKEE -- A little veteran leadership got the young Milwaukee Bucks back on the winning track. Caron Butler scored 22 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and dished out four assists in his return to the lineup after missing 12 games with a swollen left knee, leading the Bucks to a 106-96 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers Saturday night. "The thing this team has desperately missed from him is his leadership," Milwaukee coach Larry Drew said of the 12-year NBA veteran. "Throughout the game he was on the court talking, pumping his teammates up. We had a couple of bad stretches, but he kept the guys positive. Thats something weve missed with him being gone." The hot-shooting Bucks recovered from consecutive overtime losses to pick up just their sixth win of the season. Khris Middleton scored 27 points and Brandon Knight added 21 points and six assists for the Bucks (6-21). Butler played nearly 40 minutes in his return, something that Drew said wasnt part of the game plan for the chronically short-handed Bucks. "Coach stayed in my ear consistently the whole game asking me how I felt," Butler said. "I got a rhythm early. We had the game under control from the beginning." Milwaukee, owner of the leagues worst record, led most of the game and built a 19-point cushion early in the fourth quarter, matching its largest lead in any game this season. The 76ers pulled within seven with about one minute remaining, but the Bucks converted 10 consecutive free throws to secure the win. Butler praised Middleton, a second-year player, and rookies Giannis Antetokounmpo, who had 12 points and seven rebounds, and Miroslav Raduljica, who contributed a season-high 14 points. "(Middleton) did a great job of loosening up everything. He was finding pockets and getting in the paint and hitting floaters. I thought Giannis did a great job continuing to run the floor. (Raduljica) was huge. He was banging down there and making good decisions and keeping the ball high and not turning it over." The injury-depleted Bucks played without starting centre John Henson, who bruised his knee in a collision with the Cavaliers Anderson Varejao in the loss at Cleveland Friday night. Hensons absence left Middleton as the lone Milwaukee player to appear in all 27 games this season. Raduljica, who has played sparingly at times this season, filled in nicely in Hensons absence. "Im here to help and I think Im doing that every time I get a chance," Raduljica said. "We had two really unlucky losses and we had Caron back with great energy and he gathered us around him and everybody took part of his energy and that allowed us to win." Thaddeus Young had 30 points and 10 rebounds to lead Philadelphia. Spencer Hawes added 25 points and 11 rebounds. Both teams were coming off overtime games Friday. The Bucks lost 114-111 at Cleveland, their fifth consecutive defeat, while the 76ers nipped the Brooklyn Nets 121-120 at home. "As a group, our only hope to play some semblance of NBA defence is by committee," 76ers coach Brett Brown said. "When different pieces go missing, or it is not a collective toughness and focus, then we are vulnerable. At times we were vulnerable tonight. In general, trying to find 48 minutes worth of defence has been a problem." The Bucks shot 52 per cent from the field for the game, compared with 41 per cent for the 76ers. "You are not going to win a whole lot of games giving up that kind of efficiency to the other team," Hawes said. After trailing by 10 at the half, the 76ers opened the third quarter with an 8-0 run. The Bucks regained control with a 15-4 run midway through the quarter and held an 85-72 heading into the fourth. Middleton led the Bucks with 10 points in the quarter. The Bucks held a double-digit lead for nearly the entire second quarter, growing their margin to as many as 15 with two minutes remaining. Milwaukee, bolstered by 51 per cent shooting over the first two quarters, held a 59-49 lead at halftime. Knight had 17 first-half points, while Butler added 13 points and seven rebounds. Young had 15 points and eight rebounds in the first half for Philadelphia, which shot just 40 per cent. The Bucks grabbed a 29-23 lead after the first quarter, paced by Middletons seven points. NOTES: Philadelphia has lost 12 consecutive road games. . Former MLB star and one-time Milwaukee Brewers executive Sal Bando visited Bucks coach Larry Drew before the game. "Sal played in Kansas City, which is where Im from. He was one of my heroes. I came up playing baseball. It was my passion. Basketball was secondary," Drew said. . The Bucks used their 15th different starting lineup in 27 games this season. Custom Dallas Cowboys Jerseys . Louis Cardinals won the World Series last season, but after losing first baseman Albert Pujols to free agency and manager Tony LaRussa to retirement, they opened the 2012 season in 12th spot in the TSN. Custom San Francisco 49ers Jerseys . Altidore strained his left hamstring in the Americans opener against Ghana on June 16 and didnt play in their next two games. "We dont know how much because we need to see how hes going, but hes available," U. http://www.footballcustomjerseys.com/cus...rseys-798c.html. -- The Windsor Spitfires were left with just one goaltender Tuesday after having their starter walk out on them midway through Game 3 of their Ontario Hockey League playoff matchup with the London Knights. Custom Seattle Seahawks Jerseys . On July 27 cyclings best-known race will host "La Course by Le Tour de France" -- a one-day womens competition staged hours before Tour riders race on the same circuit to finish the three-week event on Paris Champs-Elysees. Custom Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys . Paul, MN (SportsNetwork.ROME -- Novak Djokovic is going to the French Open with a big clay-court victory in his pocket. And a heavy heart. Djokovic extended his recent dominance over Rafael Nadal by rallying for a 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 victory Sunday to win the Italian Open for the third time -- then dedicated the title to his flood-hit native Serbia by carving a heart on the clay with his racket. "This heart on the court is for you," he told the fans in Italian during the victory celebration. "Its also a special dedication to my country, which is suffering a lot right now. My heart is with them." In the womens final, Serena Williams kept the crowd from being a factor in a 6-3, 6-0 victory over 10th-seeded home favourite Sara Errani to win her third Rome title. Errani was bidding to become the first Italian to win the tournament in nearly 30 years but the top-ranked Williams quickly took control in both sets and Errani was slowed by a left thigh problem. Williams had a left thigh problem herself last week that prompted her to withdraw before her quarterfinal match at the Madrid Open but now she appears back on track for the French, which starts next Sunday. "Im not 100 per cent but Im just kind of going on adrenaline," the top-ranked American said. Djokovic found his motivation from a different source. Authorities say 25 people have died in the Balkans because of the worst flooding in a century after three months worth of rain fell on the region in three days this week. Tens of thousands of homes were left without electricity or drinking water. "Im trying to contribute in my own way," Djokovic said. "These are very critical times for our country and our people. But were being united and this win and this trophy is dedicated to them." Having also been beaten in Monte Carlo and Barcelona recently, it marked the first time in a decade that the top-ranked Nadal has lost more than two matches on clay in the same year. Nadal was pushed to three sets in four out of his five matches here. "When he hit the first ball good a lot of times it was very difficult to arrive to the ball and change the dynamic of the point," Nadal said. "I didnt have enough energy to hit the first shot with the right intensity..dddddddddddd" The second-ranked Djokovic has now won four straight matches against Nadal -- the previous three in straight sets -- and takes the psychological edge to Paris. "It gives me a lot of confidence winning against Rafa in the finals of a big tournament on clay," he said. "Its definitely a confidence booster. Its an ultimate challenge and Im very happy with my game so far and hopefully I can carry that into Roland Garros." The French Open is the only Grand Slam that Djokovic has yet to win, with his best result a runner-up finish in 2012. Nadal has won the tournament eight times. Djokovic was able to dictate play by stepping inside the baseline. "I tried to be aggressive from the start to the end," said Djokovic, whose other Rome titles came in 2008 and 2011. "I know that the only way to win against him is to be aggressive." Earlier, Errani left the court for an injury timeout while trailing 5-3 in the opening set and came back with her thigh bandaged. On the final point before she left the court, Errani pulled up and let a shot from Williams pass by her without even attempting to get to it. "Im sorry. You were unbelievable all week," Errani told fans during the victory ceremony, as she brushed back tears. "I tried to do my best and stayed on the court only for you." Williams other Rome titles came in 2002 and last year -- and she went on to win the French Open on both occasions. "Im also sorry for Sara today," Williams told the crowd in Italian. "She really played great all week." Organizers attempted to whip up patriotic fervour by having the Italian anthem sung before the players walked out onto the court, and fans continuously chanted "Sara, Sara" to try and encourage Errani in an atmosphere that more resembled a Davis Cup or Fed Cup setting. But Williams jumped out to a 3-0 lead and while Errani had a few chances to get back into the first set, Williams overpowered the Italian with her serve -- she had seven aces to Erranis none -- and overall attacking game. Still, Errani could console herself by becoming the first Italian finalist in the tournament since Raffaella Reggi took the 1985 title in Taranto. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen