Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Marlins C Jarrod Saltalamacchia (concus

in
Anwesen
04.06.2019 08:42
von carrie567 • 405 Beiträge

Kelechi Iheanacho’s emergence was a major positive for Manchester City last season. Adam Bate caught up with the forward to discuss his breakthrough campaign, pre-season training under new coach Pep Guardiola and why there’s far more to his game than goals… The Manchester City squad is full of star names and big-money signings. And yet, the clubs second highest scorer in the Premier League last season was a little-heralded teenager from Nigeria with a serious talent. In 2015/16, Kelechi Iheanacho made his mark.The 19-year-olds eight goals came at a rate of one every 94 minutes - the best strike rate of anyone to score more than once in last seasons Premier League. His rise to prominence meant that the summer trip to back home was a very different experience this time around. Premier League 2015/16 Player Team Goals Mins per goal Kelechi Iheanacho Man City 8 94 Sergio Aguero Man City 24 99 Daniel Sturridge Liverpool 8 122 Jamie Vardy Leicester 24 131 Its been good, Iheanacho tells Sky Sports. I love going back to see my family and friends. Everyone kept coming up to me telling me Ive done a great job and that I need to keep working hard. When you play football in the Premier League, everybody is watching.Last season was great for me and there were some good highlights. Scoring my goal against Crystal Palace and playing against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu, those were good feelings. But that was last season and its history. Now its a new season and we need to focus.A new season and a new manager. It was Manuel Pellegrini who gave him his opportunity - hes the one who made it possible - but the coach keeping a watchful eye over him now is Pep Guardiola, and Iheanacho is in the mood to impress. Iheanacho on why hell always be grateful to Manuel Pellegrini Guardiola is a good manager, everyone knows that, he says. Hes bringing fresh thoughts and his own style. Everything is different and everyone is adapting to what hes teaching us. We need to understand what hes telling us and what he wants to bring to the team.Iheanacho notes that its a different way of training and when asked if hes enjoying it, he jokes that theres nothing to enjoy about pre-season, you just have to work hard but its clear that this isnt a problem for him. Work, like finishing, comes naturally to Iheanacho.Indeed, he has already earned a reputation as a finisher of unusual accuracy - everyone finishes the way that they finish, it just feels natural for me - but theres more to his game than just poaching. Indeed, he first caught the eye playing in a deeper role for Nigeria. A winner at the 2013 Under-17 World Cup, Iheanacho earned the tournaments Golden Ball and was a supplier of goals as well as a scorer of them. Playing as an attacking midfielder, he scored six goals but set up a further seven. That could be of particular interest to Guardiola.In my country, thats where I started playing. I was a No 10, he says. For my club, I play more as a striker but I can play in both positions. I can play as a striker or I can play as a No 10. I can even play on the wing as well. I can play in any position.So does that open up the possibility of Iheanacho being a potential partner for Sergio Aguero rather than his understudy? I dont know yet, admits Iheanacho. When we start the season, well find out what the coach is going to bring to the team. Manchester City forward Iheanacho training in Nike apparel Well also find out a lot more about this City squad. Will they respond to one of the games great coaches? The early signs are good. The atmosphere is great, he adds. We want to achieve a lot this season and I think were in good shape to do it. We can reach our goals.I was happy with what I achieved last season and where I am today. But I have to keep working to improve every day and in every training session. I think Im improving a lot. I just need to keep working to improve more and more. I want to make the fans proud.Kelechi Iheanacho trains fast in Nike Football Training apparel, built for speed with revolutionary AeroSwift technology. Visit nike.com to explore the collection. Also See: Whos travelling the furthest? New Premier League kits Brandon Bolden Jersey . -- Canadas Nicole Vandermade won the Four Winds Invitational on Sunday for her first Symetra Tour title, closing with a 4-under 68 for a one-stroke victory. Steve Grogan Jersey .200. His solution to his hitting woes was business in the front and a party in the back."That would be a mullet," Norris says. http://www.officialnewenglandpatriotsfootball.com/. -- Kenneth Faried made a turnaround hook shot over Draymond Green with a half-second remaining, and the Denver Nuggets made Golden State wait at least one more game to secure a playoff berth with a stunning 100-99 win over the Warriors on Thursday night. Joe Thuney Jersey . According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, it doesnt appear the offer was warmly received by the team. Blue Jackets director of hockey operations John Davidson and general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said on Wednesday the team has made offers of $6 million for two years, $32 million for six and $46 million over eight years but each one was refused by the restricted free agent centre and agent Kurt Overhardt. Malcolm Mitchell Jersey . A police inspector told The Associated Press the crane operator is not yet suspected of any wrongdoing but is considered a key witness to the accident at the Arena Corinthians.MIAMI -- With a lot of muscle and a little body English, Garrett Jones finally beat the Chicago Cubs shift by clearing it. Jones hit a three-run homer in the seventh inning Tuesday night, and the Miami Marlins rallied to beat Chicago 6-5. Jones had been 0 for 9 in the series against the Cubs, who deployed three infielders to the right of second base against the left-handed hitter. "The shift has taken away some hits," Jones said. "It has frustrated me a little bit mentally, chasing some balls out of the strike zone trying to make something happen. That last at-bat, I just squared it up and wasnt worried about the shift, and was able to get it out." Jones one-out drive hit the top of the wall and bounced into the bullpen for his ninth home run, but his first since May 23. "I was getting up on my tiptoes, wishing it would go over, and it did," he said. Adeiny Hechavarria started the seventh with a bunt single for his fourth hit. Rafael Furcal had a two-out, two-run single in the fourth for his first RBIs since 2012. Hard-luck Cubs starter Jeff Samardzija allowed three runs, two earned, in six innings but again was denied a victory. The Cubs are 4-11 when he starts even though his ERA is 2.78. "Thats the way it goes," Samardzija said. "I go out and pitch and keep doing my job and making improvements. I battled, and I liked the way I finished. I made some good adjustments and finished strong." Luis Valbuenas RBI double in the seventh gave Chicago a 4-3 lead and left Samardzija in line for only his third win. But Miami rallied against Brian Schlitter (2-2). Cubs manager Rick Renteria left the right-hander in the game to face Jones, rather than going with lefty Wesley Wright. "I was 99 per cent convinced Wright was coming in," Jones said. Renteria said he opted for Schlitter against Jones rather than bringing in Wright to face pinch-hitter Jeff Baker. "It was pick my poison," Renteria said. "Schlitt just left the pitch up. Thats obviously not what he wanted to do." Junior Lake hit his ninth homer, and third in five games againsst the Marlins this year, but the Cubs went 0 for 8 with runners in scoring position.ddddddddddddThe Marlins were 2 for 13. Miami, which leads the majors in home victories, improved to 24-14 at Marlins Park. Marlins rookie Anthony DeSclafani, recalled from the minors Monday, gave up four runs in 6 1-3 innings. Sam Dyson (1-0) pitched 1 1-3 scoreless innings for his first career win, then was optioned after the game -- as expected -- to Triple-A New Orleans. "We gave him the scorecard," manager Mike Redmond said. "He was pretty fired up about that." Steve Cishek gave up a run in the ninth on Justin Ruggianos sacrifice fly before striking out Anthony Rizzo with the bases empty to earn his 16th save in 17 chances. Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton, who came into the game leading the NL in home runs and RBIs, went 0 for 4 and stranded five runners. Miami scored an unearned run in the first when the Cubs tried to turn a 3-6-1 double play, and shortstop Starlin Castros errant throw allowed Furcal to come home from third. Furcal returned last week after being sidelined since the end of the 2012 season because of injuries. In the second inning, Lake hit a two-run homer to put the Cubs ahead. Darwin Barney and Eli Whiteside pulled off a double steal -- the first stolen base for each -- and Samardzija followed with a sacrifice fly to make it 3-0. NOTES: Furcal returned to the lineup after sitting out a game to rest a swollen left knee. ... The ballparks retractable roof was closed when a thunderstorm with 50 mph winds passed by in the seventh inning. ... Marlins C Jarrod Saltalamacchia (concussion) caught eight innings in a minor league rehab game Monday and might rejoin the team this weekend. ... Castro hit his 20th double. ... RHP Bryan Morris has yet to allow a run in 9 1-3 innings since being traded to the Marlins. ... Miami RHP Chris Hatcher has recorded 12 of his past 13 outs by strikeout. ... Marlins RHP Nathan Eovaldi (4-2, 3.71 ERA), who was on paternity leave for the birth of his first child, faces Cubs RHP Jake Arrieta (2-1, 2.09) on Wednesday. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen