Image and video hosting by TinyPic

23 shots on goal in the Prem

in
Über uns
15.05.2018 13:41
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Darren Clarke knows his way around a spotlight.Europes Ryder Cup captain has won just one major, but like so many of his 21 other wins in some far-flung places, Clarke made sure it was memorable.Five years ago, playing in his 20th British Open at age 42, the burly Northern Irishman held off Americans Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson down the stretch at Royal St. Georges, then topped it with one of the more gracious tributes the old golf ground ever hosted.In terms of whats going through my heart, theres obviously somebody who is watching from up above there, and I know shed be very proud of me, Clarke said, honoring his first wife, Heather, whod succumbed to cancer five years earlier. But I think shed be more proud of my two boys and them at home watching more than anything else. Its been a long journey to get here.Few men are better prepared to give an impromptu locker-room speech that would make the hair on the arms of an entire team stand on end. Or better at throwing a locker-room party. Both skills will come in handy with an inexperienced European squad trying to make it four in a row against the Americans next weekend at Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minnesota.It wont hurt, either, that Clarke could grab his clubs at a moments notice and play very capably alongside them still. Or that he did just that on five straight Ryder Cup teams between 1997-2006, going 10-7-3 and winning four times (and twice more as a non-playing vice-captain in 2010 and 2014). Or that hes a world-class bartender, tarpon fisherman and Liverpool FC supporter in his spare time.But all those things combined only begin to explain why every member of the team will play his heart out for Clarke.Because theyre all old enough -- including the six rookies -- to remember how he did the same for Europe in 2006, arriving as a wild-card pick barely six weeks after losing his wife and delivering three points in three matches. And they cant help but admire how hes handled every big moment, before and since, with the same warmth and candor.Rory McIlroy still remembers first time they met. Larger than life is how he described it.McIlroy was celebrating his 10th birthday with a round of golf at Royal Portrush, a gift from his father. Clarke, who is 6-foot-2 and 200 pounds, was there practicing. After years of modest success on the European Tour, his popularity was soaring after taking down Tiger Woods nearing his prime, 4 and 3, in the final of the WGC-Matchplay Championship. Clarke took some time with the kid.Fast-forward to three weeks ago, when McIlroy -- now 27 and a three-time major winner -- was asked whether Clarke still had that charisma.I think so. As a 10-year-old, hes a big man and youre in awe of him a little bit, especially being in Northern Ireland. And hed just beaten Tiger, McIlroy recalled.A moment later, he revealed what impressed him about Clarke now that he was a seasoned pro himself.The one thing about Darren that is misunderstood ... hes obviously a happy-go-lucky sort of guy, but he practices really hard. Hes one of the hardest practicers Ive ever come across. Hell do his due diligence, McIlroy said. Hell make sure he does everything he can to help us.Clarke admits hes spent a few sleepless nights lately doing just that, getting up at all hours of the morning to type notes on his phone. His plan is to mix and match the tactics and styles of all the captains he played for and worked alongside -- they range from flamboyant Seve Ballesteros to dour Mark James -- and hope he gets the timing right. But he feels like hes already identified the hardest part -- knowing when to get out of the way -- and made some progress that way.The times Ive been a vice-captain I would go down and watch some of our players and see them hit a draw into a back right flag and say, `What are you doing that for? Clarke said in a recent interview with GOLF.com. I wanted to go and grab the club and say, `No, its a little soft cut. ...That was certainly true at Celtic Manor (in 2010). At Medinah (in 2012) I was somewhat calmer about everything. And Im sure as captain, yes, I will be nervous as soon as we all go off.But it will be fine, he added. Those guys are there for a reason. Thats why they are playing. Wholesale Jaguars Jerseys . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. Jaguars Jerseys Store . Rinne played two periods in his first game since left hip surgery in early May. Gabriel Bourque scored 3:07 into the second period and Austin Watson tallied 5:15 later for Nashville. http://www.authenticjaguarsshopnfl.com/ . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. Tanner Lee Jersey . Michell Burger, a woman who lives on an estate next to Pistorius gated community, said she and her husband were awoken by the screams in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year, when Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp by shooting four times through a door in his bathroom. Ronnie Harrison Jersey . With the first unit struggling of late and Amir Johnson - one of the teams iron men - hobbling on an injured right ankle, Patterson knew he could get the nod in a challenging matchup against one of the leagues up and coming players at his position.Pedros move to Chelsea was trumpeted as one of the signings of the summer when they beat Manchester United to his signature, but is the former Barcelona winger in danger of going the same way as Juan Cuadrado and Mohamed Salah? Just 20 minutes had passed at the Hawthorns in August when Pedro charged through West Broms midfield, played a one-two with Eden Hazard and clipped a deflected finish inside Boaz Myhills near post. It was the beginning of a perfect Chelsea debut for the Spaniard, and the chant from the gleeful travelling fans was clear: Are you watching Manchester?A few days earlier, Pedro appeared to be on his way to Old Trafford when Chelsea tabled a £21.4m offer from out of nowhere. After a charm offensive from Jose Mourinho and Cesc Fabregas, the Barcelona winger signed a four-year contract at Stamford Bridge. I knew I would feel at home here, he said. That was one of the main reasons why I decided to join. Watch Pedros finest La Liga goals for Barcelona Despite the obvious differences between Barcelona and Mourinhos Chelsea, the early evidence suggested Pedro was a good fit. Here was a team player with the work ethic to satisfy his new manager, the high-tempo playing style to adapt to the Premier League, and the quality to create and convert scoring chances.As well as auguring well for Chelsea, Pedros dazzling debut raised questions of United, whose glaring lack of firepower was exposed in a goalless draw at home to Newcastle that weekend. How had they let Pedro slip through their fingers? For a team so obviously lacking in pace and dynamism in the final third, it was certainly a valid question. Pedro celebrates after scoring on his Chelsea debut against West Brom And yet, while Uniteds attacking struggles have continued throughout the season, few supporters are lamenting Pedros move to Chelsea now.The Spaniard has just two goals and two assists in 24 appearances since that afternoon at the Hawthorns, and he is not even expected to start against the Red Devils on Super Sunday having missed out altogether against Watford. Pedro has only scored three goals in 25 appearances since joining Chelsea After scoring in a 3-1 win over Sunderland in December, Pedro was forced to dismiss suggestions he wanted to leave Chelsea and insisted he was excited about working with Guus Hiddink. He spoke with me after the Sunderland game for a minute in Spanish and it felt good, he told the Evening Standard. For me it was perfect. He was telling me is happy here and with the team.That victory over the Black Cats was Chelseas first game since Hiddink was appointed and Pedros goalscoring performance hinted at better things to come under the new manager. But it was another false dawn, with the 28-year-old failing to add a single goal or assist in seven appearances since then despite Chelseas improved form. Mohamed Salah was sold to Roma after struggling to make an impact at Chelsea His plight feels worryingly familiar for Chelsea and he will need no reminding that, over the last 18 months, highly-rated widemen Mohamed Salah, Andre Schurrle, Juan Cuadrado and Kevin De Bruyne have been deemed surplus to requirements and discarded by the Blues.So whats gone wrong? In truth, Pedro is not entirely to blame. The tumultuous final months of Mourinhos tenure were hardly an easy environment in which to settle, and for a winner of 11 major trophies in seven glorious seasons at Barcelona, the adversity he encountered at Chelsea was a completely new experience. Pedro won 11 major trophies at Barcelona, including five La Liga titles Its hard, he told reporters in October.dddddddddddd Everything is very different to the football Im used to. I think there are a lot of differences, very physical football, very strong. All the games are competitive and very balanced.There are style questions, too. Pedro is at his most effective when running in behind the oppositions defence and creating space for his team-mates, but he hasnt had much of a chance to play to his strengths at Chelsea. For the most part, the Blues have been unable to replicate the thrilling attacking football that defined the first half of last seasons title-winning campaign, and the winger has had to come deeper for the ball than at Barcelona. Pedros defensive contribution (league games only) Tackles per game Interceptions per game Chelsea 2015/16 1.6 0.8 Barcelona 2014/15 0.5 0.3 His statistics for tackles and interceptions over the last two seasons highlight his increased defensive responsibility at Chelsea, and Pedros average position in their 0-0 draw at Old Trafford in December was in fact inside his own half and central. Pedros average position in Chelseas 0-0 draw against Man Utd at Old Trafford Its a far cry from playing off the last man and hugging the touchline as he did in Spain, and it has had a knock-on effect on his confidence. Only seven of his 23 shots on goal in the Premier League have hit the target, giving him a far lower accuracy rate than Chelseas other wide players. Chelsea shooting comparison (Premier League only) Player Shots Shots on target Shooting accuracy Willian 25 12 48.0% Oscar 23 11 47.8% Eden Hazard 15 7 46.7% Pedro 23 7 30.4% That happy day at the Hawthorns now feels like a distant memory for Pedro, and he could be forgiven for casting rueful glances back at Barcelona. If something doesnt change soon, hes in danger of becoming the next expensively-acquired winger to be cut loose from Stamford Bridge.Watch Chelsea v Manchester United live on Sky Sports 1HD from 3.30pm on Sunday, or watch for £6.99 without a contract, on NOW TV Also See: Hiddink: Costa was provoked Falcao left out of CL squad China NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen