Image and video hosting by TinyPic

against the Dodgers. RHP Jon Gray (8-6,

in
Über uns
15.05.2018 13:41
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

So, what if the NHL walks away from the Olympics for the 2018 Winter Games in PyeongChang, South Korea?USA Hockey and Hockey Canada officials are making contingency plans, combing European rosters for players who might be able to don their nations jerseys and throw down for gold.Youll see some of Team Canadas thinking on display with its entry in the Spengler Cup later this month, which will mostly feature Canadians who are playing in Switzerland. Earlier this fall, GM Sean Burke took Canadians from the Kontinental Hockey League, and Swedish, German and Finnish leagues to the Deutschland Cup tournament.The U.S. situation is a little more fluid.Fewer Americans play in elite leagues in Europe compared to Canadians, and the U.S. doesnt take part in the Spengler Cup and only plays in the Deutschland Cup on odd-numbered years, which makes deciphering a potential roster a little more difficult.Sources familiar with contingency plans told ESPN.com that top American college players could also factor into the discussion, but they would have to commit to remaining in college next season and be given leave to join Team USA during the Olympics.As for American Hockey League players, commissioner Dave Andrews said its still uncertain what kind of access Olympic nations might have to AHL players, but he suspects decisions would be made on a team-by-team basis.That said, given the competitive nature of the NHL, its difficult to imagine top-end AHL players being allowed to leave their teams for three weeks if parent clubs in the NHL thought they might need to call them up.Youll see that we included Mason Raymond and Mike Richards on our Canadian roster, but a year from now is it possible that?Shane Doan and?Jarome Iginla might be playing in their final NHL seasons, could stay in shape and could form a leadership core of a Canadian team? The same thing could occur for potential Team USA captain?Brian Gionta?and?two-time Olympian goalie?Ryan Miller.For fun, lets see what non-NHL rosters would look like for Canada and the U.S. as of today. For arguments sake, we have not included active AHL or NHL players.Team USAGoaliesRyan Zapolski, 30, undrafted, never played in the NHL. Plays for Helsinki of the KHL.Cal Petersen, 22, drafted 129th overall by the Buffalo Sabres in 2013. Plays for Notre Dame.Kyle Hayton, 22, undrafted. Plays for St. Lawrence University.DefenseMatt Gilroy, 32, undrafted. Former Hobey Baker Award winner played in 225 NHL games. Plays for Moscow Spartak of the KHL.Sam Lofquist, 26, undrafted, never played in the NHL. Plays for Nizhny Novgorod of the KHL.Mike Brennan, 30, undrafted, never played in the NHL. Plays for Vaasa in Finnish Elite League.Cade Fairchild, 27, drafted 96th overall by St. Louis Blues in 2007. Played in five games with the Blues. Plays for Rogle of the Swedish League.Brian Connelly, 30, undrafted, never played in the NHL. Plays for Dornbirn of the Austrian League.Tucker Poolman, 23, drafted 127th by the Winnipeg Jets in 2013. Plays for the University of North Dakota.ForwardRyan Stoa, 29, drafted 34th overall by Colorado Avalanche in 2005. Played in 40 NHL games. Plays for Moscow Spartak of the KHL.Chad Rau, 29, drafted 228th overall by Toronto Maple Leafs in 2005 draft. Played in nine NHL games. Having impressive first KHL season with Kunlun Red Star.Broc Little, 28, undrafted, never played in the NHL. Plays for Linkopings of the Sweden League.Tim Stapleton, 34, undrafted. Played 118 NHL games. Plays for Moscow Spartak of the KHL.Bobby Butler, 29, undrafted. Played 130 NHL games. Plays for Zagreb of the KHL.Casey Wellman, 29, undrafted. Played 54 NHL games. Plays for Frolunda of the Swedish League.Drew LeBlanc, 27, undrafted, never played in the NHL. Plays for Augsburg of the German Elite League.Travis Turnbull, 30, undrafted, Played three games for the Buffalo Sabres. Son of retired NHLer Perry Turnbull. Plays for Cologne of the German Elite League.Jack Connolly, 27, undrafted, never played in the NHL. Plays for Rogle of the Swedish League.Colin White, 19, drafted 21st overall by Ottawa Senators in 2015. Plays for Boston College.Clayton Keller, 18, drafted 7th overall by Arizona Coyotes in 2016. Plays for Boston University.Luke Kunin, 19, drafted 15th overall in 2016 by Minnesota Wild. Plays for the University of Wisconsin.Anders Bjork, 20, drafted 146th overall by Boston Bruins in 2014. Plays for Notre Dame.Brock Boeser, 19, drafted 23rd overall in 2015 by Vancouver Canucks. Plays for the University of North Dakota.Team CanadaGoaltendersBen Scrivens, 30, undrafted. Played 144 NHL games. Playing for Minsk in the KHL.Danny Taylor, 30, drafted 221st overall by Los Angeles Kings in 2004. Played in 2 NHL games. Playing for Novosibirsk of the KHL.Barry Brust, 33, drafted 73rd overall by Minnesota Wild in 2002. Played in 11 NHL games. Playing for Bratislava of the KHL.DefenseChris Lee, 36, undrafted, never played in the NHL. Having a standout season for Magnitogorsk of the KHL.Marc-Andre Gragnani, 29, drafted 87th overall by the Buffalo Sabres in 2005, played in 78 NHL games. Plays for Minsk of the KHL.Kevin Dallman, 35, undrafted. Played 154 games with Boston, St. Louis and Los Angeles. Plays for Astana in the KHL.Chay Genoway, 29, undrafted. Played 1 game with Minnesota. Playing for Helsinki of the KHL.Marc-Andre Bergeron, 36, played 490 NHL games. Played last season for Zurich of the Swiss Elite League.Mat Robinson, 30, undrafted, never played in the NHL. Plays for Moscow Dynamo in the KHL.Cam Barker, 30, third overall pick by Chicago Blackhawks in 2004. Played in 310 NHL games. Plays for Astana of the KHL.Geoff Kinrade, 31, undrafted. Played in one game for Tampa. Plays for Nizhnekamsk in the KHL.Jonathan Sigalet, 30, drafted 100th overall by Boston Bruins in 2005. Played in one game for the Bruins. Plays for Frolunda in the Swedish League.ForwardsMike Richards, 31, drafted 24th overall by Philadelphia Flyers in 2003. Played 749 NHL games and won two Stanley Cups with the Los Angeles Kings, in 2012 and 2014. Last played with Washington Capitals, in 2016.Mason Raymond, 31, drafted 51st overall by Vancouver Canucks in 2005. Played in 546 NHL games including a trip to the 2011 Stanley Cup finals with Vancouver. Started season with the Anaheim Ducks but is no longer on the active roster.Derek Roy, 33, drafted 32nd overall by Buffalo in 2001. Played in 739 NHL games. Plays for Chelyabinsk of the KHL.Matt Ellison, 32, drafted 128th overall by Chicago in 2002. Played in 43 NHL games. Plays for Minsk of the KHL.Andrew Ebbett, 33, undrafted, played in 224 games with Anaheim, Chicago, Minnesota, Phoenix, Vancouver and Pittsburgh. Plays for Bern of the Swiss Elite League.Max Talbot, 32, drafted 234th overall in 2002 by Pittsburgh Penguins. Played 704 NHL games and scored Stanley Cup-clinching goal for Penguins in Game 7 of 2009 Stanley Cup finals. Plays for Yaroslavl of the KHL.Gilbert Brule, 29, drafted sixth overall by Columbus Blue Jackets in 2005. Played in 299 NHL games. Plays for Nizhnekamsk in the KHL.Rob Klinkhammer, 30, undrafted, played 193 games for Chicago, Ottawa, Phoenix/Arizona, Pittsburgh, Edmonton. Plays for Minsk of the KHL.Daniel Paille, 30, drafted 20th overall in 2002 by the Buffalo Sabres. Played 582 NHL games and won a Stanley Cup with Boston in 2011. Plays for Brynas of the Swedish League.Alexandre Lavoie, 24, undrafted, never played in the NHL. Plays for Bofors in Swedens second-tier league.Dominic Forget, 35, undrafted, never played in the NHL. Plays for Chaux-de-Fonds in the Swiss B league.Brent Kelly, 35, undrafted, never played in the NHL. Plays for Langenthal in the Swiss B league.Dion Knelsen, 27, undrafted, never played in the NHL. Plays for Rapperswil-Jona in the Swiss B league. Cody Whitehair Jersey . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. Richard Dent Jersey . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. http://www.cheapbearsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-javon-wims-jersey . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. Bennie Fowler III Jersey . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. Nick Kwiatkoski Jersey . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. WASHINGTON -- Two poorly placed fastballs created plenty of problems for Lucas Giolito and the Washington Nationals on Sunday.The rookie right-hander gave up consecutive home runs in the third inning to Colorados Nolan Arenado and David Dahl on fastballs as the Rockies earned a series victory with a 5-3 triumph.Giolito (0-1), one of baseballs top prospects, gave up four runs in five innings after his recall from Triple-A Syracuse earlier in the day. It was his fourth start of the season for Washington, and first since July 24.He was getting it over better today than he had in the past, said manager Dusty Baker, whose team has dropped six of eight. They didnt miss his fastball. That was the key. The two home runs were fastballs.Trea Turner, Wilson Ramos and Bryce Harper each hit solo home runs for the Nationals. But they could muster little else against Colorado starter Chad Bettis (11-7), who allowed two runs and five hits and struck out six over seven innings in his longest start since April 10. Adam Ottavino earned his second save.Both teams scored a run in the first inning, and the Rockies took the lead for good in the third when Arenado lined an 0-2 pitch to left for a two-run homer. Arenado, who went 4 for 4, has 35 home runs this season.I missed the spot pretty bad with the fastball, Giolito said. Its supposed to go up and in and I missed right over the plate. That happens with these hitters. I just have to be better about getting ahead of guys and finishing guys off with the pitch I want to throw and make sure I hit my spots.Dahl sent Giolitos next pitch into the stands in left-center to make it 4-1.Giolito said he was pitching better at Syracuse over the last month, but struggled with his command against Colorado. He departed after throwing 100 pitches.I was putting guys away a lot more efficiently than I did today, Giolito said. A lot of 0-2, 1-2 counts turned into 3-2, 2-2. I kind of let some at-bats get awway from me when I was in the drivers seat and I could have made something happen.dddddddddddd When Im 100 pitches-ish through five innings, then Im not pitching the way I should be pitching.Colorado added a run in the eighth inning when Washington reliever Koda Glovers wild pitch landed flush on the left shoulder of home plate umpire Mike Muchlinksi. As Nationals catcher Ramos checked on the crumpled umpire and searched for the ball, Daniel Descalso scored from second base for a 5-2 lead.I heard the impact and it was very hard and loud, so my initial reaction was to turn around and catch the umpire and see if he was all right, Ramos said. When I picked up my eyesight to look for the ball, I looked in the wrong direction and could not find it.Muchlinksi remained in the game.Harper homered off Colorado reliever Boone Logan to lead off the ninth, but Ottavino retired all three hitters he faced to end the Nationals rally.DIFO OPTIONEDTo make room for Giolito, the Nationals optioned INF Wilmer Difo to Double-A Harrisburg. Difo was hitting .257 with no homers and five RBI in 18 games with Washington.TRAINERS ROOMRockies: RHP Tyler Chatwood (10-8, 3.75), on the disabled list with a mid-back strain since Aug. 16, will have a rehab start Monday for Double-A Hartford at Richmond. Chatwood is expected to go five innings or about 75 pitches.Nationals: RHP Joe Ross (right shoulder inflammation) allowed one run on three hits in one inning Sunday in his first rehab appearance with Triple-A Syracuse.UP NEXTRockies: Colorado returns home to begin a three-game series against the Dodgers. RHP Jon Gray (8-6, 4.61) gets the nod for the Rockies.Nationals: RHP Tanner Roark (13-7, 2.99 ERA) faces Phillies rookie Jake Thompson (1-3, 9.78) in the first of 22 straight games for Washington against NL East opponents. China NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen