Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o] the core of being a senior coach and develop relationships with the 43

in Unsere Regeln 18.06.2019 13:46
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

MILWAUKEE -- The Brewers seemed to make more mistakes than contact Monday night.Jonathan Villar let in the winning run with a throwing error and Milwaukee set a franchise record for a nine-inning game with 19 strikeouts, allowing the St. Louis Cardinals to escape with a 6-5 victory.With two on and two outs in the ninth inning, Yadier Molina dropped down a bunt. Tyler Thornburg (5-5) went to third for a force out, but Villars throw to first base was wild, allowing Stephen Piscotty to score from second.He just made a bad throw, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. We talked about that situation out there and the possibility for a double play. He just rushed it a little bit probably. The big out was to get the out at third. We just didnt make the play.It was Villars 25th error of the season and his eighth since moving from shortstop to third base to accommodate rookie Orlando Arcia.Put pressure on them, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. Thats it. Make them make plays.After being swept in a four-game series by Pittsburgh over the weekend, the Brewers squandered a chance to win the series opener with St. Louis.Carlos Martinez struck out a career-high 13 over six innings, with the Brewers only mustering a run on an RBI single by Scooter Gennett in the sixth.I really tried working hard on my breaking ball and thats what I tried to stay focused on, Martinez said through a translator. I didnt do anything different. I know that the balls can go far (in Miller Park), and I know that theyre looking for a four-seamer, so I just try to switch it up and confuse them.Once Martinez left the game, Milwaukee rallied for four runs in the seventh to take a 5-3 lead.Arcia led off the inning with a solo shot off Matt Bowman. Villar added an RBI double and Gennett gave the Brewers the lead with a run-scoring infield single.However, Milwaukee squandered a chance to extend its lead. After Kevin Siegrist walked Hernan Perez to walk in a run, Miguel Socolovich (1-0) came on to strike out Chris Carter and get Kirk Nieuwenhuis to pop out to shortstop.Corey Knebel then surrendered just his second home run of the season, a two-run blast to Randal Grichuk in the eighth.Villars error wasnt the only costly defensive blunder by the Brewers, as catcher Martin Maldonado botched a run down in the fourth inning that led to a run.You have to do a lot of things right against these teams, Counsell said. We did a nice job coming back, especially with how Martinez threw the ball the first six innings. Theres a sliver lining that were still fighting, for sure, but winning games against these teams ... its not easy.Jedd Gyorko and Kolten Wong each hit solo home runs off Brewers starter Zach Davies. The right-hander matched a career high with nine strikeouts but allowed three runs over 6 1/3 innings.It was good to get back to a four-pitch mix, Davies said. I was trying to get early outs in the early innings. So from that standpoint, I was happy with (my outing).TRAINERS ROOMBrewers: Brewers RHP Junior Guerra (right elbow) will return from the disabled list to start Friday in Pittsburgh.UP NEXTCardinals: RHP Adam Wainwright (9-8, 4.67 ERA) will look to continue his career dominance of the Brewers on Tuesday. The veteran is 13-8 with a 2.23 ERA in 33 games against Milwaukee.Brewers: RHP Wily Peralta (5-9, 5.87) will make his 18th start of the season when he faces the Cardinals on Tuesday. Peralta is 1-2 with a 3.52 ERA in four starts since being recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs on Aug. 8. Custom Dwayne Haskins Jersey . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. Cheap Custom Redskins Jersey . -- Catcher Brett Hayes has agreed to a $630,000, one-year contract with the Kansas City Royals, avoiding salary arbitration. http://www.customredskinsjersey.com/ . Burke is expected to miss two to three months after breaking a finger in the teams third preseason game. Tinsley, a 10-year veteran, spent the last two seasons in Utah, where the point guard averaged 3. Cheap Redskins Jerseys . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. Redskins Jerseys China . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining. ESSENDON game performance manager Mark Neeld has confirmed he wont ever consider another tilt at a senior coaching gig.Neeld endured a rocky ride as coach of Melbourne when he joined the Demons for the 2012 season; he was sacked midway through the following year with a 5-28 win-loss record.The former Geelong and Richmond player then walked away from the AFL scene in 2014, joining TAC Cup club Eastern Ranges as talent manager, before stepping back into AFL clubland under former Dons coach James Hird as head of player development.Dons will blossom after struggles, says NeeldNow in his second season at the club, Neeld is enjoying a wide-ranging new role under first-year Bombers coach John Worsfold.Worsfold, the 2006 West Coast premiership coach, created Neelds new position at Essendon after benefiting from a similar role during his time at the Eagles.The role sees Neeld working across all areas of the football department - he helps plan what to focus on at training in the short-term as well as developing a long-term vision of how the Bombers want to play. Neeld also spends a lot of time with the sports science department making sure coaches are interpreting the data in the correct way.Neeld told ESPN the position suited his strengths, and stated he would not be interested in ever considering a senior coaching position in the future.No, he said definitively when asked if the fire still burned within him to become a senior coach again.Im really enjoying my role for a whole heap of reasons - one is, its a new role here, and with that, theres a lot of learning for me and the club as to how it works.Part of the role is making sure the footy department operates as one - footy clubs and footy departments in particular have evolved so quickly, so this is a horizontal role to make sure everyones connected.ddddddddddddMy goal is to make a huge success of this role - thats my absolute priority and Im very much enjoying it.Neeld -- who said the step up from being an assistant to a senior coach was enormous, absolutely enormous -- said he had never worked closely with Worsfold, but said the ex-Eagle had implemented a heavy emphasis on education.I hadnt worked with him before and [now] I see him every day, which means you get a different perspective, Neeld said. [He is] really clear, very concise with how he wants things done - [he is] very much a visionary person with how the game should be played and how players and coaches should conduct themselves.Worsfolds intense workload was also a key focus for Neeld and the clubs experienced assistant coaching panel.Theres a few of us [former senior coaches] here - Bluey [Guy] McKenna, Mark Harvey, Matthew Egan, Neeld said. Having sat in that chair, part of this role is to prevent things that dont need to get to John from getting to him: the requests on his time from sponsors, the board, the leadership group, particularly this year - its significant and enormously time-consuming, so Im able to shield him from some of that, which I do enjoy.[We need] to ensure John [sticks to] the core of being a senior coach and develop relationships with the 43 players - plus the 12 [suspended players] that we hope come back - and part of having an experienced broad coaching group is to make sure he can do that. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen