Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Disbelief" is what former Detroit Red Wings defenceman Jiri Fischer felt upon learning the news of Rich Peverleys cardiac arre

in
Member-Bereich
11.11.2019 07:06
von jokergreen0220 • 1.339 Beiträge

"Disbelief" is what former Detroit Red Wings defenceman Jiri Fischer felt upon learning the news of Rich Peverleys cardiac arrest on Monday night. Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys . Now the Red Wings director of player development, Fischer joined TSN 1050 on Tuesday to reflect on his own cardiac arrest that ended his career in 2005 and the road that lies ahead for Peverley. During a Nov. 21, 2005 game against the Nashville Predators, a then 25-year-old Fischer collapsed on the Detroit bench and fell into cardiac arrest. After being unconscious for six minutes, he was revived through CPR and the use of a defibrillator. Fischer never played again. Monday nights incident brought back vivid memories for Fischer. "When I compare the two [scenarios], after my cardiac arrest I watched it many times, it looks scarily similar and the way the staff reacted, leading with [Red Wings team physician] Tony Colucci, they saved my life," said Fischer. "The way Dallas staff saved Rich last night, it was impressive. They didnt hesitate. The urgency in saving his life without the panic. I really hope that anybody who goes through sudden cardiac arrest, that they get the same care. I know its wishful thinking, but I was really impressed with what theyve done in Dallas to save Richs life." Through Stars GM Jim Nill, a long time member of the Red Wings front office, Fischer got Peverleys contact information on Tuesday. Fischer said he made sure to ask Nill about how Peverleys wife was coping. "My fiancee went through the cardiac arrest with me and its hard," explained Fischer. "Its hard for everyone who loves the survivor. In my case, it was my fiancee and my parents being overseas and then flying over a couple days later. Its hard and its one thing to have to go through cardiac arrest, but its another thing when people who love us have to witness it. Its a feeling of hopelessness and really wanting to help and not being able to do anything. "Its life-changing, so I reached out to Rich and sent him a message. He wasnt available on the phone. (Back then) I didnt want to talk to anybody for days. Its chaos, so I hope that hes going to be okay and if we do chat, it will be great. It would be really nice." Fischer related that when he went through his cardiac arrest, it was one of the first of its kind in the sporting world and there wasnt much to go on in terms of comparables. In many ways, Fischers recovery and the decision to end his playing career were the first of its kind in the sport. "There wasnt a sample of a thousand professional athletes who had the same condition to say you should play, you shouldnt play, everything is fine or things are no good," said Fischer. "It was a gray area and I just wanted to play and I kept playing. Obviously, with having a pre-existing condition and then going through cardiac arrest, it was just no. That decision was made by medical personnel and I have a heart abnormality and, on paper, I never cleared it and I pushed it for years and years and years. Its been eight years later now and still, the heart hasnt changed. My playing days are over." Now 33, Fischer thinks back to the early days after his cardiac arrest and what was to become of his career and remembers becoming angered over something written by TSNs Bob McKenzie. "Ill never forget, Bob McKenzie had an article he wrote right after my cardiac arrest that Fischers career is over and hes never going to play again," said the Czech Republic native. "It made me angry. He was right. This guy was absolutely right. And me, the naive athlete, thinking that everything was going to be okay because people saved my life and Im going to go back to playing. That doesnt happen in reality. Obviously, like I said [Rich and I] are different, no two situations are the same, but I know one thing: when Tony saved my life, he didnt want to go through it again. I didnt want to go through it again and the decision was made and it was made pretty quickly." Still, Fischer thinks of all the good that has come of the fallout from his cardiac arrest and the lives that have been saved. "To me, its celebrating life," said Fischer. "Every tragedy is the start of something new. Its something different and something new. My incident started this whole avalanche of good things. The Heart and Stroke Foundation really got behind the cause and, eight years later, so many people have been saved because the Heart and Stroke Foundation viewed my incident as something that can help people down the road. Theyve placed thousands of defibrillators in public places throughout Canada and the same motions have happened through various foundations in the United States. Now there is a protocol for what needs to happen. Doctors from every NHL team, they need to be either around the locker room or really close by to the bench. Everybody in the NHL, every franchise, they have to have an external defibrillator as part of their medical equipment." While Peverleys situation has yet to be resolved, Fischer is again hopeful. "This is the second time around and, firstly, I really hope Rich is okay and at the same time I really hope that because this has generated so much interest, good things are going to come out of it again." Wholesale NBA Jerseys .S. Olympic hockey management team have been making what he called "ghost rosters" since August. Clearance NBA Jerseys . Pinch-hitter Tommy Medica singled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Padres beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in their first home game since Gwynn died of cancer Monday. https://www.nbachinajerseys.us/ . The two were in the batting cage moments before game time. Bautista was taking final warm up cuts. Pillar was hitting soft toss. The one-time utility player turned All-Star pulled aside the clubs young, fourth outfielder and offered him some advice.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hi Kerry, So the Canucks are on the wrong side of a seven-minute power play (again) and this time, it was a 5-on-3 power play for the Ducks! In all my years of watching hockey, I have never seen a 5-on-3 power play for that length of time. Ive tried my best at looking at the play and I came up with a ruling of how I would have called it, would you agree with my assessment? Tom Sestito hits Mathieu Perreault before the whistle blows - watch closely and you can see Sestito hit Perreault before the whistle blows. Tim Jackman comes in with his stick high which is met with high sticks from a few other players. Sestito then drops the gloves and drags Jackman down. During this, Sami Vatanen comes in from the blue line and puts Jannik Hansen in a headlock. The linesman comes in and while Jackman is down on the ice, Sestito throws a couple more punches. Meanwhile, Hansen is trying to break free and drops his gloves thinking that hes with a willing combatant. But Vatanen keeps his gloves on and Hansen stops once hes separated. For this, I would define Jackmans actions after Sestito dropped Perreault as the beginning of the incident. As such, I dont think that an instigator should have been awarded here. To get them both out of the game, I would have given each five for fighting and a ten-minute misconduct. For Hansen, I would have given him either a double minor for roughing or a five for fighting and a ten minute misconduct. However, Vatanen coming in from the blue line and putting Hansen in a headlock deserved a two minute minor for roughing. This would have left the Ducks with a power play, but not a seven-minute 5-on-3! As always, I would love to get your opinion as its rare to hear a referee explain their calls in any sport. Would you like to see referees respond to questions from the media in the future? Gareth EvansRichmond, BC ----- Gareth, I like your assessment better than the seven minute 5-on-3 for a couple of reasons. 1) As you correctly pointed out there was some initial response from two Duck players (Tim Jackman and Sami Vatanen) that was not recognized in the penalty assessment. 2) The secondd issue I have is that with 7:11 remaining in a blow-out Duck win, any subsequent infraction that a Vancouver player might receive would be treated as a "delayed penalty" if it was assessed prior to the expiration of the major penalties incurred by Tom Sestito and Jannik Hansen. NBA Jerseys Store. This scenario provides little deterrent for Vancouver players to restrain themselves from taking penalties. Also, the more goals the Ducks might score during the extended two-man advantage would only intensify the frustration that Vancouver players were already feeling. My objective in this situation would certainly be to remove the troublemakers from both sides to eliminate future confrontations or a potential gong-show. I would also want to manage players negative emotions if at all possible. As such, I would be very cognisant of not piling on, or further embarrassing the Canucks in a similar way that Temmu Selanne demonstrated class by not celebrating his second power play goal of the night to make the score 8-1. Selanne seemed almost reluctant to shoot the puck on the 5-on-3 at times. The shot he ultimately scored - his second power play goal of the night - was not one of his best efforts but it still found its way past Joacim Eriksson. Some game management - when the situation calls for it - is intelligent officiating! My penalty assessment on the play goes like this Gareth: Vancouver Tom Sestito - 2 minutes rough (on Perreault) - 2 minutes high sticking (on Jackman) - 5 minutes fighting (on Jackman)- 10 minutes misc. (continuation of a fight/resisting) Jannik Hansen - 2 minutes roughing - 5 minutes fighting- 10 minutes misconduct (continuation of a fight) Anaheim Tim Jackman - 2 minutes high stick sticking (on Sestito)- 5 minutes fighting (on Sestito) Sami Vatanen - 4 minutes roughing The end result is that Vancouver would play one man short for five minutes since the minor penalties would cancel out and Tim Jackmans fighting major would cancel with either Hansens or Sestitos. Either way, coach John Tortorella would place a man in the box prior to the expiration of the major penalty. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen