Image and video hosting by TinyPic

tle into his ear and just say hey lets

in
Über uns
22.05.2018 07:12
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Wayne Rooney spoke exclusively to Sky Sports about Englands perfect qualifying campaign, their chances at Euro 2016 and his time as captain. Roy Hodgson named a 26-man squad for Englands Euro 2016 preparation friendlies against Turkey and Australia at the end of this month, and Rooney is more hopeful than ever that this could be their year.Here, he speaks with Sky Sports News HQs Nick Collins about Englands progress since the World Cup in 2014, as well as looking back at a successful European Qualifiers campaign and why there is plenty of optimism for the future... Rooney more hopeful than ever England a match for anyone at Euro 2016, says skipper On Englands 2-0 win in Switzerland after the World Cup...It was a big game for us. Wed obviously lost Steven Gerrard after the World Cup, and it was a change for us. Roy made me captain, and we knew how important it was, coming off the World Cup. There was a lot of pressure going into the game on Roy himself, and to get the victory in the way we did, we played a different style of football than we played over the previous two years and it worked. It was more exciting to watch and more enjoyable to play in. Included in Englands 100 per cent European Qualifiers campaign was a fine win in Switzerland On Englands 10 out of 10 European Qualifiers record...We mentioned it after the Switzerland game, we didnt want to get carried away. We had a good strong [group] of young players and we felt it was achievable.We knew it would be tough to do, but once that got close again, we felt that if we got 10 wins out of 10 it would stand us in good stead going into the tournament. It was something we aimed for and achieved. I know the players and manager were really happy, it showed a great consistency. Roy Hodgson has announced his England squad ahead of Euro 2016 On becoming England captain...I felt I was the natural successor to Steven as captain, and the manager did too. Its something I was delighted to do, and I want to do it to be successful as well. Its something I really take pride in and want to do to the best of my ability. I think the young lads in the squad have helped a lot, I feel its an exciting time for English football with the squad we have.To be a leader of those players, and to try and direct them in the right way, both on and off the pitch, is something I want to be successful at. I put a lot of effort in to do that. Rooney became England captain after the World Cup in Brazil The manager involves me in a lot of decisions. Obviously theres myself, and then weve put a team together with a few of the other senior players. If decisions on behalf of the team need making, I will go to those players, talk through it and decide what is best for the team. But of course, you have to be a role model and ambassador for the country, and thats what Ive tried to do to the best of my ability. QUIZ: England Euros squads Test your knowledge of previous England Euros squad announcements with this tricky quiz... On adapting his game...As a player you are always adapting. You adapt to your team-mates, you adapt to the different coaches you are working under. It depends what the coaches want from you.Throughout my career Ive adapted to different situations and different teams Ive played in, and I have no problem doing it. In football you need players who can play in different positions. Ive always felt like I can play in different positions. Roy Hodgson thinks Rooney is key for England but admits he doesnt have to pick him in the starting XI On his preferred position...Obviously I want to play as striker but Ive always believed I am capable of playing in different positions. I think you saw in World Cup 2006 with Owen Hargreaves, he was probably Englands best player, purely for the fact he could play in different positions.To have players like that in your squad is really important. The good thing that Roy has now is that he can look at the opponents and pick a midfield which is best for beating the opponent. We havent always had that.He could change the whole 11 if he had to now, and we would still have the chance of winning the game. Jamie Carragher thinks Rooney may have to play in midfield to make room for Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy On Englands attacking options...Weve got players who can play anywhere across that front line. Myself, Jamie Vardy, Raheem Sterling, Daniel Sturridge can play out wide too. Its always difficult for opponent as well.Its going to be tough for the manager as well, Im sure, to decide which players he will play in which games. But thats why hes manager, Im sure he will make the right decision when it comes to it.Experience is important, but the youth and energy of the other players is equally as important. The England captain is keen to be a leader for the incoming younger players On Englands chances at Euro 2016...I feel weve got a very good squad. Its probably the first time Ive felt the squad is capable in any given game of matching any team. But obviously its one thing having that, and another being able to do that consistently throughout a tournament.You never know with the players weve got how well they can do. You saw in the last World Cup we went out at the group stage. Weve had a good Euro Qualifiers campaign, but we need to make sure that we dont slack, that we keep going and keep pushing forward, and give ourselves every possible chance.On the Wayne Rooney Foundation...Its all about sick children but also about children who need a better start in life. Obviously, having three children myself I felt they were the most important charities to raise money for. Its something Im extremely proud to be able to do and Id like to thank Manchester United for giving me the opportunity to be able to do that. Hopefully the money raised can change a lot of peoples lives. Paul Scholes evaluates Englands chances at Euro 2016 Also See: Rashford, Wilshere called up Rooney wants midfield role QUIZ: England Euros squads Euro 2016 news Germany 2018 FIFA World Cup Jerseys . -- Hunter Smith scored the winner with just 12 seconds remaining in the third period as the Oshawa Generals edged the host Sarnia Sting 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Germany Antonio Rudiger World Cup Jersey . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. http://www.cheapworldcupgermanyjerseys.com/germany-toni-kroos-world-cup-jersey/ . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. Germany Kevin Trapp World Cup Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Cheap Germany Jerseys 2018 . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. METAIRIE, La. -- Saints coach Sean Payton is prepared to quit calling offensive plays -- something he loves and has done most of his career -- if it helps him manage his entire football team better.He also figures he has the luxury of delegating play-calling because his offensive coordinator, Pete Carmichael Jr., has done it before -- and done it well.Hes been with us now, with me now, for going on 11 years, Payton said of his bespectacled, baby-faced offensive assistant. He has a great feel for what were looking to do.If Im managing the game, or paying attention to what just happened on a punt return, we are far enough along in this process where it is easy for us, Payton said.Carmichael was the primary play caller in Drew Brees ear in Sundays season-opener against the Oakland Raiders. New Orleans lost, 35-34, but the performance of the offense was hardly to blame. Brees eclipsed 400 yards passing for the 14th time in his 16-year career, finishing with 423 yards and four touchdown passes.The Saints play at the New York Giants this Sunday.Against the Raiders, the offense finished with 507 net yards -- more than any team in the opening week in the season.It was reminiscent of some of the performances the Saints put up in 2011, when Carmichael was essentially forced into play-calling duties by a fluke injury to Sean Payton, who broke his leg when caught up in a tackle along the sideline at Tampa Bay in the sixth game of that season. Carmichael handled play calling for the final nine regular season games, when the Saints went 8-1 and scored 40-plus points five times, topping out at 62 once. That Saints offense set a still-standing record for yards in a season at 7,474.The Saints also scored 45 points in their playoff-opening victory that season, and 32 points in their playoff loss at San Francisco.With Payton suspended in connection with NFLs bounty investigation in 2012, Carmichael again called offensive plays, and the Saints put up 6,574 yards, an average of 410.9 yards per game, which ranked second behind only New England (427.9 yards per game) that season.Brees said Payton and Carmichael think so much alike when it comes to play-calling, the offense doesnt seem to change much whether the voice he hears in his helmet ear piece is one of the other.Its working out great. I feel like those guys are so much on the same page, Brees said after practice on Wednesday.dddddddddddd Pete did a phenomenal job in 11, a phenomenal job in 12 and really did a great job on Sunday. Hes done a great job whenever hes been called upon. He always has to be ready in that position. I mean, nobody thought in 2011 Sean would basically be knocked out of a game.Carmichael was part of Paytons original coaching staff in 2006, starting as a quarterbacks and passing game coach. He was elevated to offensive coordinator in 2009, the season the Saints won their only Super Bowl.In 2011, like now, Carmichael isnt calling all of the plays. Payton talks to him through his headset throughout the game, and when Payton feels strongly about a particular play at a particular time, thats what gets called, Payton explained.I can whistle into his ear and just say hey lets think about this right here this next series. It is something that works and each week well pay attention to, but hes really on top of what we are doing offensively, Payton said.As you are managing a game and you have someone like Pete (calling plays), there are a number of benefits, Payton said. It allows me that freedom to pay attention to the other facets a little bit clearer.And if anything needs attention right now, its the Saints defense, which ranked 31st in the NFL the past two seasons and this season has already struggled with injuries to defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins, who was New Orleans top draft choice, as well as starting linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and top cornerback Delvin Breaux. The Raiders piled up 486 yards in Week 1, second only to the Saints, meaning New Orleans defense once again ranks 31st, albeit only through one week.Game notes Payton said Tuesdays release of running back C.J. Spiller was accelerated by the need to sign another cornerback on the heels of Breauxs injury. The Saints added B.W. Webb, who was practicing on Wednesday. The Saints had six running backs on the roster before cutting Spiller, who never produced as hoped after his 2015 signing. But Payton emphasized that Spiller was a phenomenal guy (and) teammate, and added that the window in this building or this clubs not definitely closed.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen