Image and video hosting by TinyPic

u want to get up here, you want to help win ball

in
Über uns
22.07.2018 14:59
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- The curls no longer spilled from under his cap, a big change for Rory McIlroy. Prompted to reveal the rest of his free haircut, he removed his hat and wild brown locks sprang to life. "Still a little bit on the top," he said Wednesday with an easy smile. Only then did McIlroy resemble the Boy Wonder who dominated golf last summer, starting with his win at the PGA Championship at Kiawah Island by a record margin. He didnt walk down the fairways that week, he bounced. He was No. 1 in the world, and looked every bit the part. McIlroy would love to rediscover that kid at Oak Hill this week. In its place is a 24-year-old from Northern Ireland who has reason to feel much older. He hasnt won a tournament, and only once did he even come close. He has finished over par in all three majors, with only two rounds at the British Open. He has failed to make the cut five times this year, which includes walking off the course in the Honda Classic with sore wisdom teeth that still havent been removed. Among betting favourites, he was second only to Tiger Woods at the Masters at 5-to-1. For the PGA Championship, the odds are 30-to-1, higher than two players (Henrik Stenson and Brandt Snedeker) who have never won a major. And he cant wait to get to the first tee Thursday afternoon. Inspiration comes from videos he has been watching of his eight-shot win at Kiawah Island, along with his back-to-back FedEx Cup playoff wins against some of the strongest fields of the year. Some of what he noticed was technical, such as the position of his club in the swing. What really stood out was the body language. "Its how you carry yourself. Its all that sort of stuff, your little mannerisms," McIlroy said. "I guess its just trying to remember those feelings and remember how I felt that week and trying to carry some of that into this week and just get those good, positive thoughts going. "I think everyone sees when I walk and Im playing well, I have that little bounce in my step." What would go a lot longer at Oak Hill is keeping the ball in play on a traditional, tree-lined course -- so many trees that even being in the fairway doesnt mean a clear shot at the green if the ball is slightly out of position. The greens are small and slope toward the front. Oak Hill is a hard golf course, and the evidence comes from the previous five majors held on this Donald Ross design -- only 10 players in those five majors have finished under par. "This may be the toughest golf course, but the fairest golf course that we play," said Tom Watson, playing this major for the 32nd time. "Somebody is going to win this thing, and that person is going to play awfully well, awfully good golf this week. Wish I could say thats me." Watson was joking. Not so funny is that the way McIlroys year has gone, there isnt much reason to believe it could be him, either. Most of the attention is on Woods, even though he has gone five years and 17 majors without winning one. Woods won the Bridgestone Invitational last week by seven shots, sparked by a 61 in the second round that tied his personal best. That gave Woods five wins this year, which is five more than McIlroy. Phil Mickelson opened with a 65 in 2003 the last time the PGA Championship was played at Oak Hill until fading badly in one of his worst seasons as a pro. He is coming off an astounding win at the British Open, where his 66 in the final round is regarded as one of the best closing rounds in a major. If he could pick off another PGA Championship, Mickelson would be a shoo-in as PGA Tour player of the year, an award he has never won. McIlroy, meanwhile, has been largely forgotten through ordinary play and endless questions about a season gone wrong from his opening tournament when he missed the cut in Abu Dhabi. Some of his troubles have been attributed to a wholesale equipment change, others to his decision to change management companies. McIlroy said his switch to Nike is no longer an excuse, not with 15 tournaments under his belt. He says it has taken longer than usual to work his way out of bad habits. "I guess every time you play and you dont play well, it sort of chips away at your confidence a little bit," he said. McIlroy has gone through this before. Only a year ago, he had gone five months without a win and missed the cut in four out of five tournaments. With a spark at Firestone, he showed up at Kiawah Island and overwhelmed the strongest field in golf in ways only Woods used to do. "I love proving people wrong," McIlroy said. Ian Poulters advice was everyone to "give him a break." Poulter tied for third -- by nine shots -- last year at Kiawah Island and has watched the fall of a kid who looked one year ago that he would be on top of golf for a long time. Now its back to Woods and Mickelson at Nos. 1 and 2 in the world, with the kid trying to claw his way back. "I think sometimes we forget how young he is and what hes been able to achieve at a very early age," Poulter said. "So the second he feels comfortable again, whether thats with his swing or equipment or whatever it is, then Rory will be winning golf tournaments. That natural swing of his doesnt just disappear overnight." Despite all the scrutiny -- on everything from his new equipment to new management, to girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki and moving from Northern Ireland to south Florida -- McIlroy hasnt dodged the questions for which he has no tangible answers. "Id definitely rather be up here talking about more positive things, but I guess thats the way it is," McIlroy said. "Should you lay off me? Thats not for me to decide. Im here and Im answering your questions and thats all I can do. As I said, it would be nicer just to sit up here, talk about some more positive things. But the way the years gone, its understandable why Im not." Once again, TSN.ca will feature live streaming of the PGA Championship, beginning with Tiger Woods, Davis Love III and Keegan Bradley on Thursday at 8:30am et/5:30am pt. TSNs live coverage of the PGA Championship begins with first-round action on Thursday at 1pm et/10am pt. Rory McIlroy, Vijay Singh and Martin Kaymer tee off at 1:25pm et/10:45am pt Air Max Pas Chere Homme . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Air Max Plus Tn Ultra Noir . -- Stanfords Kevin Danser knelt on one knee and hardly moved on the sideline as Michigan State celebrated its Rose Bowl victory and his Cardinal teammates made their way to the locker room. http://www.airmaxpaschere.fr/air-max-180-pas-cher.html . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. Air Max 90 Ez Pas Cher .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. Vapormax Plus Pas Cher Femme . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English football. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. OAKLAND, Calif. -- Left-hander Rich Hill will try to pick up where he left off when he makes his first start for the Oakland As in more than a month Saturday night against the Pittsburgh Pirates at the Oakland Coliseum.Hill is 8-3 with a 2.25 ERA and has a five-game winning streak, but he hasnt started since May 29 against the Detroit Tigers, when he sustained a groin injury that sent him to the disabled list.Despite his long layoff, Hill said his game plan wont change.I think just the same thing I was doing before, which was staying in the moment, Hill said Friday before the As fell 7-3 to the Pirates in the opener of a three-game series. Thats really the biggest thing is focusing in on the task at hand, and that doesnt change at any stage of the game. Thats what I did in my rehab outing, thats what Ive done in my bullpens. I think for me thats the most beneficial way to go about my business.Hill went 2-1 with a 1.55 ERA in four September starts for the Boston Red Sox last year -- his first major league starts since 2009 -- and he parlayed that performance into a one-year, $6 million contract with the As and a spot in their rotation.Hill has gone 7-1 with a 1.76 ERA over his past eight starts, relying heavily on a nasty curveball.I think its always been something Ive been able to throw, Hill said. Ive had it my whole life. To be able to have that in conjunction with my fastball has been great. Theyve been working well this year.Hill threw 66 pitches for Class A Stockton in his lone rehab start, and he likely will be on a pitch count Saturday.It will be a little more mindful than just sending him out there on a regular start, As manager Bob Melvin said. Youure probably not going to see him throw 110 pitches.ddddddddddddThe Pirates will send rookie right-hander Chad Kuhl to the mound for his second career major league start. Kuhl made his debut Sunday against the Los Angeles Dodgers and left-hander Clayton Kershaw at PNC Park and got the win in a 4-3 victory. He allowed three runs on four hits over five innings.Just a lot of excitement, a lot of emotion, Kuhl said of his debut. I had a bunch of family there. It was just a really special time and experience.I tried to get out there a little extra early. I got out there, took it in. I stretched earlier, I threw earlier. I allowed myself time to walk in from the bullpen, look around. Even before first pitch, just really take it in and get acclimated. And when it was time to play, just went after it.Kuhl, 23, said he expects to be more relaxed as he progresses.When I went out for my second inning, I thought to myself, All right, its not your first time anymore, Kuhl said. So the second inning obviously went a lot smoother than my first inning. It definitely helps.The Pirates drafted Kuhl in the ninth round in 2013, and he made a quick trip to the major leagues. Last year, he went 11-5 with a 2.48 ERA for Double-A Altoona. This year, he was 6-2 with a 2.58 ERA for Triple-A Indianapolis, earning a promotion.Starting his major league career with a victory against Kershaw and the Dodgers was very sweet, Kuhl said.You get called up, thats the one thing on your mind, you want to get up here, you want to help win ballgames. Thats why Im here. Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen