Image and video hosting by TinyPic

pnhljerseysfromchina.com/]Cheap NHL

in
Über uns
20.08.2018 15:40
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

SURREY, B.C. -- Paris Jackson has no difficulty remembering the last time he started a CFL game. It was in 2009. Barring any unforeseen changes, he will finally start at slotback again Saturday as his B.C. Lions visit the Edmonton Eskimos. "Man, Ive been waiting for that for three years," said Jackson, an 11-year veteran who has spent his entire career with the Lions, after a practice this week. "Ill be very emotional." Jackson is slated to replace Shawn Gore, who suffered a head injury in a win over Toronto last week. Gore is going through the leagues concussion protocol. In the past four seasons, Jackson, 32, has battled negative perceptions about his age and speed. The Vancouver natives career was first derailed by a wonky knee, and then Lions general manager Wally Buono launched a youth movement in the receiving corps. In 2011, a day after the Lions won the Grey Cup, Jackson stood before reporters talking -- and feeling -- like he had played his last game as a Lion. "I didnt think I was going to be with the team," he said. "I knew I was still going to play, because I still had that passion in my heart, that drive." But Buono, the clubs former coach, and current head coach Mike Benevides appreciated the way Jackson persevered through his minimal playing time without complaint in the championship season. So they gave him another chance. The B.C. bosses also considered that he had undergone arthroscopic knee surgery in each of the previous two off-seasons. Playing largely on special teams, he recorded just seven receptions for 117 yards in 2011, and caught just 10 passes for 127 in 2012 as the Lions reached the Western Final. "Its been hard," he said about his limited playing opportunities. "But these young guys, I see the talent in them, and I totally understand, because I was in the same situation eight, nine years ago trying to take someones spot." Now, he has outlasted Geroy Simon, a future hall of famer who was traded to Saskatchewan in the off-season. And Jackson is showing that he has potential for more, depending on how long Gore is out. Jackson filled in for him admirably against the Argos, posting four receptions. During one stretch, he caught a pair of back-to-back passes -- something else he had not done for a while. "Oh, man, it felt great," he said. "Its been three years. I sat down on the sideline after that. I didnt really realize its been three years since I got back-to-back catches." Jackson dismisses a suggestion that he is like a cat with nine lives. He attributes his career revival to hard work, dedication and his willingness to be a leader for young receivers like Gore, Courtney Taylor and Nick Moore. "You really can see that Im back to how I used to be," said Jackson, who has shed down to 210 pounds from 225 or 235 in order to reduce pressure on his knee. "Im confident, Im healthy and, at the end of the day, I dont believe in nine lives. Ive been in this league for 11 years. Ive been a starter for a lot of those years, and they wanted to go young. Now, Geroys not here and weve got Shawn Gore hurt and a couple other guys could be banged up a little bit. "So its time for a veteran guy like me to step up." Gores injury is one of a number that the Lions are facing as they try to improve on their 1-1 record in the young season. Linebacker Adam Bighill (ankle) is also out after getting hurt against Toronto, and centre Angus Reid (back) and kicker Paul McCallum (groin) have yet to play this season. But Benevides has no qualms about inserting Jackson, who was Buonos first draft pick (sixth overall) when the GM moved to B.C. from Calgary. "Paris is a pro," said Benevides, a former Stampeders assistant. "Hes been here as long as any of us have, since 2003. a Paris Jackson is a tremendous player, and hes going to be great for us." Accordingly, quarterback Travis Lulay is not worried about any disruptions to the offence. "Paris is a luxury to have, having a veteran guy coming off the bench," said Lulay. "If your depth isnt good and you have a starter get hurt, sometimes you wonder about that. As a quarterback, you can second-guess if the guy knows what hes doing, if hes going to be in the right spot. But with Paris, thats just not the case." Jackson took a pay cut after the 2011 season and has been gradually increasing his salary while playing on yearly contracts. "If my role can increase and money can increase, then Ill be here," he said. "If it decreases, then theres no need for me to be here." At the moment, there is a need, and he is determined to fill it. "Now, Ive just got make sure I get as many reps as I can to catch back up to a few years that Ive lost," he said. Cheap Chicago White Sox Jerseys . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. Cheap Cincinnati Reds Jerseys . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. http://www.cheapworldseriesjerseys.com/cheap-cleveland-indians-jerseys/ . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. Cheap Baltimore Orioles Jerseys . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Cheap New York Mets Jerseys .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Jimbo Fisher has spent most of the preseason thinking about two quarterbacks he knows fairly well: Ole Miss Chad Kelly and the Seminoles Deondre Francois.The Florida State coach has been working on a game plan to try to contain Kelly while preparing Francois for his first college start. Fisher actively recruited both players, who square off on Monday when fourth-ranked Florida State takes on No. 11 Mississippi in Orlando, Florida.Both quarterbacks have a reputation as strong passers and above-average runners. That might be where the similarities end.Kelly is on many preseason watch lists after he led the Rebels to a 10-3 record last season and a win in the Sugar Bowl. Francois is the second freshman QB to start for Seminoles in the past four seasons, though he will step into the spotlight in his hometown.Kelly can empathize slightly with what Francois might be going through.The Ole Miss starter said the biggest adjustment QBs face making their first start is not really knowing what the speed of a real, live game is going to be.There are no coaches behind you, so instead of 15, 20 people on the field, theres just 11, Kelly said. Any time you get to go out, be the starter and be the man its fun.Francois was recruited out of Bradenton, Floridas, IMG Academy as the nations top dual threat quarterback in 2015. He was redshirted last season but teammates were impressed with how he ran the scout team.When Sean Maguire missed the spring with a broken ankle, Francois put himself into the mix for the starting job with consistent practices and two touchdowns in the spring game. Maguire and Francois began preseason camp with both listed first on the depth chart, but Francois moved to the front after Maguire fractured his right foot on the third day of practice.Fisher has continued to be impressed with Francois poise and how he has been able to control the offense.Its not about being physical and throwing the ball. Youve got to have presence in the huddle, youve got to have presence on the field, youve got have command, Fisher said. I think thats continually growing and Im grinding on him.Francois is the fourth freshman to start an opener for Florida State.dddddddddddd. The last one, Jameis Winston, also got his first start on Labor Day and ended up doing pretty well.Against Pittsburgh in 2013, Winston completed all but two of his 27 passes for 356 yards and four touchdowns, and also had one rushing. The 41-13 win over the Panthers was the start of a 14-0 national championship season for the Seminoles as Winston became the first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy.Francois knows about the comparisons and has not shied away from them.I dont think the lights will be too bright. I believe in my preparation, Francois said during media day. The spring was very important. I earned a lot of trust from older guys, from staying after practice late and putting in extra work. Doing everything I can to put the team in a position to be successful.Francois doesnt have to do it all by himself. Florida State is returning several players on offense, including running back Dalvin Cook, who is a Heisman contender, and wide receivers Travis Rudolph, Kermit Whitfield and Bobo Wilson, who each caught 57 or more passes last season.Florida States preparations have been disrupted a little bit by Hurricane Hermine. The campus closed at 12 p.m. on Thursday and Fisher moved up practice both days. Most of Tallahassee has also been without power since Hermine made landfall early Friday morning.Fisher tried to recruit Kelly in 2013 before he decided to go to Clemson. A couple stops later, Kelly found a home at Ole Miss with eight 300-yard passing games and a school record 4,542 yards of total offense.The Florida State coach said the Seminoles will need to pressure Kelly with a disciplined pass rush where defenders remain in their lanes.I mean, you rush crazy and give him run lanes, thats where he makes tons of plays scrambling, getting the ball down the field and keeping his eyes up, Fisher said. Hes a great competitor.---AP Sports Writer David Brandt contributed to this report.---Follow Joe Reedy on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/joereedy and the APs college football site at http://collegefootball.ap.org Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen