Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ki?had a near-complete allotment of players, enough dep

in
Über uns
21.08.2018 16:03
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- Mild-mannered Manny Machado felt he let his team down by losing his temper. Instead, the second-year third basemans first career ejection might have been the spark the Baltimore Orioles needed. Chris Davis drove in the tiebreaking run on a fielders choice grounder in a wild five-run fifth inning, and the Orioles rallied for a 7-3 victory over the Cleveland Indians on Thursday night. Baltimore used six hits and two errors to erase a 3-2 deficit in the fifth, salvaging a split in the four-game series. The inning also saw Machado get tossed by home plate umpire Will Little and Adam Jones called out on the go-ahead grounder for sliding wide of second base to break up a potential double play that wound up plating the decisive run. Machado wasnt around to see the completion of the rally, something he said he regrets. "I swung at a bad pitch (and) I thought I fouled it off," Machado said. "Obviously, I looked back on the replay, and I didnt. Something that I said wrong to the umpire, and I have to pay the consequences for it. Let my team down -- obviously, something that wont happen again." Orioles manager Buck Showalter said Machado would learn from his youthful transgression. "Ive seen 10-, 15-year veterans get frustrated with some calls," Showalter said. "Its all lessons learned. Hes 20 years old." Nick Markakis, Matt Wieters and J.J. Hardy also had RBIs during the comeback, which prevented the Indians from a fifth straight series victory for the first time since 2006. "When you play teams like that, when you make a mistake or two, they can make you pay for it," said Cleveland manager Terry Francona. "And thats what happened. Miguel Gonzalez (6-3) won for the fourth time in five decisions. He allowed three runs on nine hits over 6 2-3 innings, walking none and matching a career high with nine strikeouts. Lonnie Chisenhall and Mike Aviles homered for the Indians. Chisenhall had three hits. Ryan Flaherty drove in two runs for Baltimore. Chisenhall homered to right with two outs in the second, a 430-foot shot that landed on Eutaw Street and gave the Indians a 1-0 lead. Baltimore went ahead 2-1 on Flahertys two-run single in the bottom of the inning. Davis drew a leadoff walk, Wieters singled and Hardy moved the runners up with a sacrifice bunt before Flahertys two-out single up the middle. The Indians tied it at 2 on Chisenhalls double in the fourth. Michael Brantley doubled to lead off the inning and Chisenhall sent a ball off the right-field wall to plate him. Aviles led off the fifth with a line-drive homer to left, his fifth of the season. Clevelands lead, however, was short-lived. "It happened so fast, same thing last night," said Chisenhall. "Its the way the AL East plays. Runs just show up on the board." The Orioles went ahead 7-3 with the five-run fifth, but lost Machado, who was ejected by Little for arguing a third-strike call, ending a streak of 1,206 innings played, the longest active streak in the majors. "When I heard about it, the streak I had going, obviously its devastating," Machado said. "But I just caused that on myself. Thats something that ... that I just have to pay the consequences for, and I did." Singles by Flaherty and Nate McLouth put runners at the corners for Machado, who struck out swinging and was tossed when he argued that he foul-tipped the ball. Markakis followed with an RBI single to centre for a 3-3 tie and Jones broken-bat single to right loaded the bases. Davis then beat shortstop Aviles relay to first after Jones was called out for abandoning the baseline, allowing McLouth to score for a 4-3 lead. Aviles was charged with an error for coming off the bag early on a throw from second baseman Jason Kipnis that would have forced Jones. Wieters then cracked a run-scoring double into the right-field corner, with Davis scoring and Wieters reaching third when Drew Stubbs bobbled the ball. Hardys infield single, a tapper to the left of the mound, made it 7-3 and chased Corey Kluber. Kluber (6-5) yielded seven runs -- six earned -- in 4 2/3 innings, ending a steak of three straight wins. He allowed 11 hits, walked one and struck out four. "I think there were just some crucial situations there in that fifth inning where I didnt execute pitches, and theyre obviously a very good offensive team and they put good swings on them," Kluber said. NOTES: The game was delayed by rain for 78 minutes in the bottom of the seventh inning. ... With his first-inning single, Kipnis has reached base in 29 consecutive games. ... The Orioles re-signed RHP Freddy Garcia to a minor league deal and he will report to Triple-A Norfolk. Garcia was optioned to Norfolk on Monday, and because he is a veteran had the option of declining the assignment and becoming a free agent. ... Before the game, the Indians activated RHP Chris Perez (right shoulder soreness) from the 15-day disabled list and optioned LHP T.J. House to Triple-A Columbus. They also traded IF John McDonald, who was designated for assignment Wednesday, to the Phillies for cash or a player to be named. ... Francona said RHP Trevor Bauer will start the first game of Fridays doubleheader and RHP Carlos Carrasco would start the nightcap. Bauer will be recalled from Triple-A and Carrasco will be added as the teams 26th man. ... Brian Roberts (right hamstring) will return from the DL this weekend and become the Orioles starting second baseman, Showalter said. ... RHP Dylan Bundy, the Orioles prized pitching prospect, underwent Tommy John ligament replacement surgery Thursday. The procedure was performed by Dr. James Andrews in Gulf Breeze, Fla. ... Showalter said rookie LHP T.J. McFarland would start Fridays series opener against the Yankees. Adidas Basketball Shoes Australia . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. Adidas Tennis Hu Australia . Miikka Kiprusoff had just announced his retirement after a decade-long run in Calgary and it would be up to Berra and Ramo to fill the void. http://www.cheapshoesaustralia.com/cheap-asics-australia-34-wc/ . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. Cheap Asics Australia Online . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. Adidas NMD R1 Australia . The No. 1-ranked Nadal tweaked his back warming up for the Australian Open final, which he lost almost four weeks ago in a major upset against Stanislas Wawrinka. His first stop after the layoff is the clay in Rio as he tests the back and tries to stay healthy for the French Open in three months. NEW YORK -- It was the first time all season that Mike Krzyzewski?had a near-complete allotment of players, enough depth to withstand foul trouble without having to toss in players whom, frankly, hed prefer not to insert in the game.Grayson Allen, the preseason Wooden Award favorite, was a virtual nonfactor in the Blue Devils 84-74 victory over Florida on Tuesday. He finished with just six points on 2-of-10 shooting and still looked like a shell of himself, hindered by a toe injury that has taken away his explosiveness and ability to get to the basket and finish.Jayson Tatum, the thirrd-ranked player in the freshman class, was still shaking off the rust in just the second game of his college career after dealing with a foot injury of his own.dddddddddddd There were times, especially in the second half, when he looked the part of a lottery pick -- but others when his timing was off because of an excess of time spent on the sidelines. Marques Bolden, also playing his second game, was relegated to the bench after two fouls in two minutes. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen